(Merged xA LOT) The Official You gotta Suck to get Luck Superthread | Page 92 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

(Merged xA LOT) The Official You gotta Suck to get Luck Superthread

Play for Pride or Suck for Luck ?

• Play for Pride

Votes: 39 16.9%
  • Suck for Luck

Votes: 192 83.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
16 and 0, Super bowl win all in his rookie..

Plus free Andrew Luck Jersey when you say Suck for Luck 3 times in the mirror.

I don't know exactly you have to see how things unfold next year. I think he is a smart kid and will catch on quickly. I think he could lead a decent Dolphins team next year.

My expectations of him would be the same expectations of any player worthy of the first overall pick: that he would eventual be one of the best players in the national football league.

Expecting Luck to take us to the Superbowl is a reach? What do you think first overall picks are for? What do you think the Colts expected from Peyton Manning, the Giants expected from Eli Manning, the Lions expected from Matthew Stafford, the Rams expected from Sam Bradford, when they were drafted? To not win a championship?
No team is perfect but good quarterback play covers up the lack of talent in other areas. The Packers and Steelers had offensive lines in sad shape when they won their recent Superbowls. Saints do not have a consistent pass rusher(instead relying on exotic blitz schemes and aggressive defenders) yet they won.

If we have a chance to draft Andrew Luck, you have to take it. For the second time in 5 years we are struggling to win a single game. Thats on the quarterback. We just saw what happens when you do not have one but pass on one for another talented player. Jake Long is having a hall of fame career....yet we still cant win games. If this Miami team is "incomplete" then a great place to start is quarterback.

If we take Andrew Luck, i expect immediate results. I expect him to make us a Superbowl contender within 3 years. I expect him to be in dicussion for the best quarterback in the NFL in 5 years. And no, i would not be content if he is just a pro-bowler. But then again, if he is hitting the pro-bowl consistently, then all those things i mentioned should be in reach.
If we take Matt Barkley, i have those same expectations for him that i do Luck. Why? Because he will be a top pick also and thats what i expect from top 5 draft picks.

the naysayers need to shut up. Luck will take us to places we haven't been in over 30 years.

PERIOD !

Is it me or does Andrew Luck, looks likes he's aiming the ball, everytime he throws?

Something tells me Matt Barkley and Laundry Jones will make better pros. I don't know, but I just feel Andrew Luck is more of a Chad Pennington type. A quarterback that lacks arm strength, but has supreme accurracy. Luck has a strange arm delivery. It looks like he is aiming the ball. Luck also has a winner's attitude like Chad. I just saw some more film on Barkley and L. Jones. Barkley throws a better ball, than Luck; but he's a less of a competitor than Luck. Im really starting to like Laundry Jones. He throws a nice ball and he's a winner. I feel he's going to be the better quarterback, out of all of them.

I think people forget just how good Pennington was before the shoulder injury...

Luck is Pennington with more arm strength, and way more athleticism.

I hate this Phil Simms argument (which no doubt this post is influenced by)...Luck's arm is twice that of Rivers or Brees...

If anything, Luck "aiming" the ball shows maturity that we rarely see from young QB's. We've been begging Henne to take juice off some of his throws and "aim" the ball more ever since drafting him...

clear.gif

If only the Dolphins fan base were this intelligent....... =( Colts fans still have Peyton and yet they are moving on already.......

we have had 16 hot garbage QB's...... and people argue about Luck ......... being a dolphin fan sucks on every level.

clear.gif

If only the Dolphins fan base were this intelligent....... =( Colts fans still have Peyton and yet they are moving on already.......

we have had 16 hot garbage QB's...... and people argue about Luck ......... being a dolphin fan sucks on every level.

Wait. I thought we were the most overt suck for luck fans. I thought we were the worst. In fact I thought it was us being so obvious about it that he would pull an Eli and refuse to play for the dolphins just because of how bad the suck for luck fans are. Guess we don't have to worry about the colts now cause he would never want to play for fans like that.

Wait. I thought we were the most overt suck for luck fans. I thought we were the worst. In fact I thought it was us being so obvious about it that he would pull an Eli and refuse to play for the dolphins just because of how bad the suck for luck fans are. Guess we don't have to worry about the colts now cause he would never want to play for fans like that.

i have no facts for this claim, but the media loves to hate on miami.

Yeah, you would think Luck would wanna play more for a fanbase that wants to embrace him as the next face of the franchise and the savior at QB we've been waiting for for over a decade, rather than a fanbase who will throw their current franchise (and HOF) QB under the bus like yesterday's garbage just so they can draft a new franchise QB.

Kind of funny-our ABC station in South Florida will be the only station in the eastern half of the country to get The Stanford-Oregon State game instead of the Oklahoma game. Guess they figured out there is interest in Andrew Luck here :)
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2011/1102/11105_330_3.jpg

That's great haha.

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

Do people still want the 10th overall pick in April?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom