(Merged xA LOT) The Official You gotta Suck to get Luck Superthread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

(Merged xA LOT) The Official You gotta Suck to get Luck Superthread

Play for Pride or Suck for Luck ?

• Play for Pride

Votes: 39 16.9%
  • Suck for Luck

Votes: 192 83.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great, your argument is based off 2 videos doing things he won't need to do in the NFL......
He is a fantastic athlete, but how is he going to "turn this team around" tackling defenders and making sideline catches?

Mike & Mike on our Suck 4 Luck Campaign...Not Good

Mike & Mike are discussing teams could be tanking to get the #1 overall. They mentioned the teams in the hunt and then dropped the bomb...

Luck can choose the franchise he plays for just as John Elway & Eli Manning did (Eli drafted by SD & immediately traded to NY due to pre-draft dealings)

Bottom line... Would you want to step into the debacle known as the Miami Dolphins? I believe Ross would have to give Luck 25% ownership to get him to play here. I believe Luck is headed to Indy to follow P Manning's act. The Colts have had a winning season since 2001 and all of the sudden Manning is out and they are 0-4.

It seems to me the only team here with "Luck" is the Colts.

Granted he could just stay another year if he wants...There are alot of "Ifs" I am sure the players are not tanking on purpose..I am sure they wanna win..

They just are not good enough...We as fans want Luck, whatever happens happens...

He controls things but the team with #1 pick has leverage as well..

If does not come out, on to the next one..Its the way it works.

There's a dichotomy on FH as to just what "realist" actually means and when it's selectively convenient to be one. Hunker down.

Luck will weigh his options and one would be "do i want to immediately step into the shadow of Peyton Manning?"
He knows he is going to a bad team, that is how the draft works. With new coaches (maybe even a big name coach like Cowher or Gruden) and no recent star player's shadow hanging around i think he'd rather play in Miami. If it ends up being Gruden, he is a QB kind of guy and could surely get Luck excited about playing for him. Minnesota has Ponder from last year's draft and the Rams have Bradford. That leaves us. I don't wish the pain of a terrible season on me OR my team, but a "can't miss prospect" would rally our fan base and we need that pretty badly.

The only choice on team he has is whether or not he wants to sit out a year. If he gets drafted by team he doesn't want to play for then he has to play or sit out his first NFL season. His only other option would be to go back to school, since he has eligibility left. He would have to decide prior to the draft whether he is going to go back to school however. If the reports on his maturity level are true then I can't see him holding out, but who knows.

The last time it happened was awhile ago, times have changed and I don't believe something like that will happen again. If you were Sam bradford, would you really want to play for the rams? Same for cam newton.

The only choice on team he has is whether or not he wants to sit out a year. If he gets drafted by team he doesn't want to play for then he has to play or sit out his first NFL season. His only other option would be to go back to school, since he has eligibility left. He would have to decide prior to the draft whether he is going to go back to school however. If the reports on his maturity level are true then I can't see him holding out, but who knows.

Not if he works it out ahead of time like Eli Manning did when he was drafted by SD & immediately traded to NY. These type of deals should be banned by the NFL. A college player should not be able to pick & choose where he goes by the use of back room meetings.

The problem is that you are basing it on the mess that the Phins are currently in. They won't have the same staff next year. IF we are in position to draft him, I think a lot depends on who replaces Tony. Cowher? I don't think Luck would turn that down. Some joe schmoe assistant offensive line coach or Les Miles? Luck could be heading elsewhere.

We don't need to "suck for luck," this team is bad enough to get us there on their own. It's up to Ross at that point to make sure he makes the right hire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom