(Merged xA LOT) The Official You gotta Suck to get Luck Superthread | Page 91 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

(Merged xA LOT) The Official You gotta Suck to get Luck Superthread

Play for Pride or Suck for Luck ?

• Play for Pride

Votes: 39 16.9%
  • Suck for Luck

Votes: 192 83.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well brace yourself dolphin fans, suck for luck ain't gonna happen!

Well knowing mu luck with this team, I have always feared they won't get Luck and now the writer just cements that fear.

His points in a nutshell:

1-The mathematical odds alone are too great. The moribund, Peyton-less Colts at 0-8 have the inside rail on Miami’s 0-7 – plus the crucial likely tiebreaker (softer schedule) should the teams tie for the worst record. Agreed!

2- O yeah the team suck but not as bad as advertised. With better coaching and luck team could have been 3-4 at worse. Agreed!

3- Rather thanthe Suck For Luck crowd maybe have an alternate, more realistic mantra ready, just in case. Losing For Landry, perhaps. Jonesing For Jones? Dissagreed!

Luck or nothing. No consolation no nothing. Miami should learn to suck more. I will fire Tony and put in Nolan. He knows how to suck more, look at his defense.

Good luck Miami. I saw this team in January 1992 was one good luck away from beating Jim Kelly's Buffalo for the Superbowl and since then it has been one bad luck after another. Need I say more?

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/11/01/2481382/brace-yourself-dolfans-miami-wont.html#ixzz1cTdhwoIx

1-The mathematical odds alone are too great. The moribund, Peyton-less Colts at 0-8 have the inside rail on Miami’s 0-7 – plus the crucial likely tiebreaker (softer schedule) should the teams tie for the worst record. Agreed!

Ridiculous. A softer schedule would greatly increase Indy's chance of actually winning a game.

For once i'm being optimistic about this Dolphins team. I'm confident that we can lose enough games to land Luck.

The "Suck for Luckers" wont come up with another clever theme for another QB. We all want one and his name is luck. We would not be saying this if he wasn't going to be in the draft or even if this was 2007 and we were 0-13. Its for this one guy. I agree its going to be the Dolphins luck that we just miss out, but I also feel i've seen ridiculous things this year and some way we will get that pick, the football gods will make sure we do.

LOL at the OP thinking our winless team needs to be "realistic" regarding landing the #1 overall pick.

And us losing that AFC title game had nothing to do with luck, we got smoked from the kickoff.

Lol at the op for thinking this thread deserved to stand outside of the superthread. wow. nothing original to see here folks please move on.

kmmda-1.jpg

The "Suck for Luckers" wont come up with another clever theme for another QB. We all want one and his name is luck. We would not be saying this if he wasn't going to be in the draft or even if this was 2007 and we were 0-13. Its for this one guy. I agree its going to be the Dolphins luck that we just miss out, but I also feel i've seen ridiculous things this year and some way we will get that pick, the football gods will make sure we do.

Blow for Barkley
Lose for Landry

If Luck Becomes A Phin What Are Your Expectations For Him?

Dolfans

Lets for the moment assume Luck comes to Miami what would you expect of him?

Would you be content with him only being a pro bowler?, what if the team still struggles to win(Marino in the late eighties missed the playoffs from 86-89)but Luck is great?

The assumption luck brings championships is IMO a reach,that's why fans should 1-understand getting Luck guarantees nothing just as missing out on Luck doesn't mean continued losing.

The great QB class of 83 produced 3 HOF QB's would Denver still make 5 SB with Kelly or Marino instead of Elway most likely yes.
Does Buffalo win a SB with Elway?maybe but no guarantee so my point here is QB certainly are a tremendous part of a teams success but the team must be complete.

If Luck isn't a dolphin all hope isn't lost, I'm not saying L.Jones. or M.Barkley will be HOF QB
however they certainly seem to have NFL talent.

I'm going to believe that if its supposed to be it will regarding Luck, if not there are other great QB's that can turn Miami into a winner again.

I think the expectations will be out of control wherever Luck ends up.

My expectation for him is to have a good, solid rookie season. Improve more and more. Win/Loss record to me won't matter in his rookie season.

Eventually, maybe around his 2nd, 3rd year, we once again reach the playoffs every year.

Depending on how good our front office builds around him, we become an NFL powerhouse and Super Bowl contending team around Year 3, 4, or 5 until he retires.

Dolfans

Lets for the moment assume Luck comes to Miami what would you expect of him?

Would you be content with him only being a pro bowler?, what if the team still struggles to win(Marino in the late eighties missed the playoffs from 86-89)but Luck is great?

The assumption luck brings championships is IMO a reach,that's why fans should 1-understand getting Luck guarantees nothing just as missing out on Luck doesn't mean continued losing.

The great QB class of 83 produced 3 HOF QB's would Denver still make 5 SB with Kelly or Marino instead of Elway most likely yes.
Does Buffalo win a SB with Elway?maybe but no guarantee so my point here is QB certainly are a tremendous part of a teams success but the team must be complete.

If Luck isn't a dolphin all hope isn't lost, I'm not saying L.Jones. or M.Barkley will be HOF QB
however they certainly seem to have NFL talent.

I'm going to believe that if its supposed to be it will regarding Luck, if not there are other great QB's that can turn Miami into a winner again.

I just want to for once get the best player in the draft instead of always settling for a serviceable option. I want excitement I want to know that my qb has the guts to take a shot down field and be accurate.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom