Merged: You have to thank him first/Thanks Ricky! (Seriously) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: You have to thank him first/Thanks Ricky! (Seriously)

Ohio Fanatic

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
As much as you hate him, you have to thank him first

First of all, I hated Ricky last year. Lowest point in my 22 years as a sports fan was him quitting, followed closely by the 62-7 drubbing by JAX (GAME which also introduced Wanny to Jay Fiedler). HOWEVER, it's been pointed out before and should be pointed out again with all the bashing and skeptism.

Ricky saved this franchise. YEs, he screwed us last year. But look at all the optimism and excitement we've had since hiring Nick Saban. It's been the best offseason for me as a dolphins fan since the SUPER overhyped last offseason of Shula when he brought in all those overpaid players liked Eric Green. If RIcky hadn't quit, Wanny might still be here, because of WH's ridiculous loyalty to his direct reports. We'd be bored this offseason, none of these players wouldve sighed with us because Wanny is terrible recruiter/evaluator of talent.

I still don't like Ricky, but he was the catalyst that pushed our franchise in the direction of the playoffs, division title and eventual superbowl appearance, within the next 2-3 years. Now, if he comes back and plays just two years on the backup RB role to help out Ronnie, extend Ronnie's career, then we should again thank him.

If he quits again, it's a major distraction, but we're still a winning team. and hopefully he gets run over by a car.

If Saban is stupid enough to bring this clown back, he is no better than Wannstedt!

Why put up with Ricky? The guy is no good. He can't be trusted. He screwed EVERYONE affiliated with the Fins over last year. The hell with him. If Saban falls for Ricky's song and dance then he isn't as smart as we are all lead to believe

chambers84 said:
Until it actually happens who cares!?!?

You got 3 major newspapers and ESPN reporting its on the verge of happening. So even if it doesn't happen, they are at least talking about it. Which shows me Saban is entertaining this idea which is very scary! Why even put up with this. Let Ricky go and move on with everything.

Why do I have to thank him?! He screwed us last year. And we didn't make the play-offs the other 2 years we did have him. And Wanny never should've been hired for HC in the first place. So what am I thanking him for again?

I wish he would just die.

I'ts not like Saban and Miami are begging Ricky to come back like Wanny did. THere's interest on both sides. Saban's interested because it's a sound business decision, get a highly talented player for 1-2 years (cheaply if he reneg's his contract with incentives). ANd Ricky because he owes a bunch of money and can play just 10-15 plays a week and not be so beat up. I'm not saying it's win-win, because it's not. If he quits I will HATE seeing the damn reporters asking Ricky questions all season. But IF he plays the last 12 games, we will be a better team.

Ohio Fanatic said:
I'ts not like Saban and Miami are begging Ricky to come back like Wanny did. THere's interest on both sides. Saban's interested because it's a sound business decision, get a highly talented player for 1-2 years (cheaply if he reneg's his contract with incentives). ANd Ricky because he owes a bunch of money and can play just 10-15 plays a week and not be so beat up. I'm not saying it's win-win, because it's not. If he quits I will HATE seeing the damn reporters asking Ricky questions all season. But IF he plays the last 12 games, we will be a better team.

How is it a sound business decision on any level? RICKY CAN'T BE TRUSTED!

Would you TRUST Michael Jackson to babysit your 9 year old son for a week??....NO! Hey, maybe he will do it for free. That is a sound business decision! But you won't do it. Same with Ricky. Why waste a roster spot and all of the "drama" around Ricky which could split and destroy a lockeroom by doing any business with Ricky???

Rebar71 said:
Why do I have to thank him?! He screwed us last year. And we didn't make the play-offs the other 2 years we did have him. And Wanny never should've been hired for HC in the first place. So what am I thanking him for again?

It was more rhetorical than actually thanking him. Your 2nd point is more valid, wanny never should've been hired. that's the cancer of the franchise, Ricky quitting was the catalyst for removing the softball size tumor that was Wanny.

MikeO said:

Would you TRUST Michael Jackson to babysit your 9 year old son for a week??....NO! Hey, maybe he will do it for free. That is a sound business decision! But you won't do it. Same with Ricky. Why waste a roster spot and all of the "drama" around Ricky which could split and destroy a lockeroom by doing any business with Ricky???

First of all, its football. I would never be Stupid enough to equate football with my kids. Football is my favorite sport and one of my favorite things in the world. But, I'd be willing to take more gambles in football than my personal life. i.e. taking a gamble on Ricky is a wise decision = the reward outweighs the risk. While i agree, every roster spot is extremely valuable and wanny wasted many of them (see Eddie MOore), Ricky is not Eddie Moore, ricky was one of teh top 3 backs in teh league, this time, LESSS THAN ONE YEAR AGO.

We have Ronnie Brown now. Bringing Ricky Williams back as a 3rd down back to pay off his debt sounds like a good idea to me. If he quits again then who cares. It not the same team or coaching as before and we haven't built a team around him. Let the man run off that 8.6 he owes the Phins.

SleepWithDaFish said:
We have Ronnie Brown now. Bringing Ricky Williams back as a 3rd down back to pay off his debt sounds like a good idea to me. If he quits again then who cares. It not the same team or coaching as before and we haven't built a team around him. Let the man run off that 8.6 he owes the Phins.

It's the same team esentially. Same core of players. If he quits again we ONCE AGAIN become the laughingstock of the NFL and sports world. You really want that???

Ohio Fanatic said:
It was more rhetorical than actually thanking him. Your 2nd point is more valid, wanny never should've been hired. that's the cancer of the franchise, Ricky quitting was the catalyst for removing the softball size tumor that was Wanny.
So I thank Wanny for "stepping down." Or maybe I thank Wayne for pulling his head out. Fact is - even with Ricky - with our O-line last year and vanilla-run-the-same-play-every-play defense, we still would've sucked. Wanny would've been gone either way.

MikeO said:

Those are two totally different things. The worse thing Ricky could do is leave, which would do next to nothing. If I thought the worst thing Jackson could do is leave, babysit away.

MikeO said:
It's the same team esentially. Same core of players. If he quits again we ONCE AGAIN become the laughingstock of the NFL and sports world. You really want that???

I am just saying that Ricky will not be the center of the team as he once was. No more 40+ carries per game. If he quits again it will not affect the team nearly as much as when Wanny was here. I love my team and I want to see them win. Period.

Rebar71 said:

Nice...you bash him for walking out on the team, and then wish him dead :shakeno: No class

Back
Top Bottom