Mergedx2: Cards expected to release Rolle | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mergedx2: Cards expected to release Rolle

finforlife

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
http://blog.azcardinals.com/2010/02/21/two-weeks-of-decisions-set-offseasons-course/

Take it for what it's worth as it is a blog, but putting it on the team's official site must lend some credibility.

Could make things interesting if he hits the market, although I would still take Dansby over him and we likely wouldn't spend for both.
I'm not a huge fan of Rolle's and think he is a bit overrated, but he certainly would represent an upgrade to Wilson.

Could you imagine the offseason if we signed Rolle and Dansby and then traded for Boldin? The South Florida Cardinals.:chuckle:

I'm not sure how well Rolle would help us out. Obviously, he is popular as hell around these parts, because we all hate Wilson, and any new name at FS sounds like a godsend to us. But all I hear about Rolle is he is a liability in coverage. Is that not what we're trying to replace?

its gonna come down to whos gonna command more money...Dansby or Rolle....whoever takes less will be with the 'Phins next season....

he would be an upgrade. he is a play maker. he wants to be here lets see what he's got. if released he will be a phin

i think we can get both dansby and rolle. i think rolle would come for less bc he wants to go home. then spend what you have to on dansby

I'm not That high on Rolle either, but is he an upgrade over what we currently have? YES!!!!

i think we can get both dansby and rolle. i think rolle would come for less bc he wants to go home. then spend what you have to on dansby
I dont think we can...we only have $4M,and even after we make some cuts,we have to save some cash for the draft picks...we're only going to be able to sign one big name IMO.....if that....

I dont think we can...we only have $4M,and even after we make some cuts,we have to save some cash for the draft picks...we're only going to be able to sign one big name IMO.....if that....

After cuts they'd have enough room, but everything points to this being an uncapped year so it won't matter anyway.

i heard something about there being no cap... am i right?

next year will be an uncapped year so after the 5th it wont matter. but if some how it is a capped year yes it will probly be one or the other. but i still think rolle will come cheaper than some think, bc he has said he wants to come home. its not gonna be a huge pay cut but slightly cheaper than one would think

That $4 million is for the 2009 league year which is capped. The 2010 league year starts on March 5th and there is NO CAP. We have as much money to spend as Mr. Ross lets Parcells use.

Also, I may be mistaken, but if Rolle were to be release say tomorrow. Miami could sign him right away because his contract would start for the 2010 season and has no affect on the 2009 league year. So when it comes to signing players, the $4 million cap room has no impact. It just affects the players who are currently under contract that we are trying to get rid of.

After cuts they'd have enough room, but everything points to this being an uncapped year so it won't matter anyway.
Yes, it will matter. There's only going to be no cap for a couple years more than likely, possibly only 1. Teams aren't going to spend like crazy knowing that.

As for Rolle, he's certainly an upgrade. He's a playmaker. We'd have enough room for both him and Dansby that after the cap is back we wouldn't be too far over it, but don't see us signing both. More like one, then a few solid FA's.

i don't personally think rolle is the greatest in coverage...better than what we have...yes...but not an elite coverage safety...

still an upgrade...an expensive one...

Back
Top Bottom