Mergedx2: Cards expected to release Rolle | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mergedx2: Cards expected to release Rolle

lots of talk on other forums of how rolle is a very good FS and solid at worst along with 10 ints in 3 yrs and scores a TD almost everytime he INTs the ball (not literally)

how about get rolle and dansby and then draft dez bryant....sounds like a plan

A very good plan! Imagine, if you can (I can't), if Ginn gets his *** in gear...what then? Holy smokes!

[youtube]6sXYiZjT038[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
A very good plan! Imagine, if you can (I can't), if Ginn gets his *** in gear...what then? Holy smokes!

[youtube]6sXYiZjT038[/youtube]
if we can get dansby, rolle, and dez i would really enjoy that and if ginn gets to play like he is capable of we could be a very dangrous team next season and we would have a very good offense for many years to come

Rolle expected to be released (Priorities?)

www.blog.azcardinals.com/2010/02/21/two-weeks-of-decisions-set-offseasons-course/

The blogger on the official Arizona Cardinals website expects the Cards to release Rolle next week..
This sounds like good news for us because Rolle said Miami is home and he would like to play here..

However if it would come to this: Dansby, Rolle and possibly Wilfork are available and you could only choose one, who would you sign ?

To say Rolle is a liability in coverage is a mistake. Rolle was a CB before moving to safety and not a bad one. His strength would be coverage with his weakness in stopping the run but he is a pretty good tackler as well. But to say his coverage is a liability, 10 INTS in the last 3 years? I think they are mistaken. Yes he may take some risks by going for the INT, but that is how big plays are made and we need PLAYMAKERS! Gibril Wilson is mainly playing out of position and isn't a bad player, he just doesn't fit in as a FS, he is a SS. Sign up Rolle Please!!

www.blog.azcardinals.com/2010/02/21/two-weeks-of-decisions-set-offseasons-course/

The blogger on the official Arizona Cardinals website expects the Cards to release Rolle next week..
This sounds like good news for us because Rolle said Miami is home and he would like to play here..

However if it would come to this: Dansby, Rolle and possibly Wilfork are available and you could only choose one, who would you sign ?

Vince Wilfork and it's not a question. But if I had to take 2 of them I would want Dansby and Wilfork and im a HUGE canes fan but we need LB's.

I doubt we sign another safety to a bigmoney contract. Also why do people keep talking about how its an uncapped year, Im sure us signing a guy to a multiyear contract will be impacting more than this year's cap.

I doubt we sign another safety to a bigmoney contract. Also why do people keep talking about how its an uncapped year, Im sure us signing a guy to a multiyear contract will be impacting more than this year's cap.
that's why you front load the contract:hump:

To say Rolle is a liability in coverage is a mistake. Rolle was a CB before moving to safety and not a bad one. His strength would be coverage with his weakness in stopping the run but he is a pretty good tackler as well. But to say his coverage is a liability, 10 INTS in the last 3 years? I think they are mistaken. Yes he may take some risks by going for the INT, but that is how big plays are made and we need PLAYMAKERS! Gibril Wilson is mainly playing out of position and isn't a bad player, he just doesn't fit in as a FS, he is a SS. Sign up Rolle Please!!

I agree, as a corner he might be a liability in coverage, but as a safety I would think coverage would be his strong point. I always thought Rolle was a safety and not a corner back in his days at the U. Last year was only his second season playing safety and I thought he had a pretty good year. Rolle would be a very good addition to Miami's defensive backfield. Then Clemmons could groom behind Bell at SS which I think is his natural position anyway.

that's why you front load the contract:hump:

You can only frontload a contract so much that its financially responsible.
The money we have invested at safety already would make this a bad financial move. We have bigger needs and odds are we wont sign 2 major free agents. If we are gonna spend this time of money wouldnt Wilfork make much more sense.

The money we have invested at safety already would make this a bad financial move. We have bigger needs and odds are we wont sign 2 major free agents. If we are gonna spend this time of money wouldnt Wilfork make much more sense.
I guess it depends on how much the owner wants to shell out.

Last year Rolle had 15 less tackles than Wilson and 5 more missed tackles. The numbers say he is a worse tackler !

Their numbers in the passing game were very similar in terms of yds, completions, completion % - except for one difference. Rolle showed better hands. Rolle had 4 picks, 2 passes defensed. Wilson had 0 picks, 6 passes defensed. We can all remember several easy picks that Wilson dropped

Considering Wilson didn't have a great year compared to his previous two seasons and might well bounce back under a new DC, Rolle doesn't seem likely to be much of an upgrade and of course it's going to be much more expensive to sign Rolle/cut Wilson than simply to keep Wilson. Only way I see the Dolphins signing Rolle is if Bell leaves and Wilson is moved to his preferred position of SS

Well if they sign Rolle I don't think they keep Bell and Wilson. I see what you're saying in your earlier post though about future seasons and the cap. I think the team would be fine signing two big FA's for the future though, Ricky won't be around more than one season, Ronnie might not either, then if you get Rolle either Bell or Wilson are gone, JT won't be here more than another year, Crowder is expendable if you get Dansby... that's a lot of cap room right there.

Rolle would be a decent upgrade for us, but at what cost?? From what I understand / have been reading, Rolle is going to want big money. Is he really worth it??...

~BK~

looks like Wilson is getting the boot no matter what. Rolle is young, talented and would be a upgrade so I say grab him. plus he already wants to be here

Back
Top Bottom