Mergedx2: Cards expected to release Rolle | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mergedx2: Cards expected to release Rolle

i felt quite the same way about Gibril Wilson last year, to be honest. that one didn't go so well

The diffrence is, Gibril Wilson was playing completly out a of position. He nas never been a Full Safery in his life. He cannot cover ground like that. He isn't a center fielder. He's most effective playing close to the box.

Antrel Rolle was a former a cover corner (was an all american one in college). There's no question as to whether he is an upgrade over Wilson, because his has the skillset to actually play the posistion.

Crowder is expendable if you get Dansby

Crowder is clearly our best ILB and he would play a different role from Dansby anyway. Dansby's primarily a coverage and cleanup guy, he's the ILB that drops into zone coverage and is the backend pursuer on run plays. Crowder's basically the hunting dog, he goes in after the play; I can only assume he would play better if he knew the guy opposite him was totally competent.

The diffrence is, Gibril Wilson was playing completly out a of position. He nas never been a Full Safery in his life. He cannot cover ground like that. He isn't a center fielder. He's most effective playing close to the box.

Antrel Rolle was a former a cover corner (was an all american one in college). There's no question as to whether he is an upgrade over Wilson, because his has the skillset to actually play the posistion.

Wilson was a FS with the Giants

Not siding one way or another but Rotoworld is reporting the possibility:

Antrel Rolle-DB-Cardinals Feb. 22 - 10:59 am et

Brian Biggane of the Palm Beach Post says the Dolphins could show interest in Antrel Rolle if the Cardinals indeed cut their starting free safety.

Gibril Wilson took a lot of the blame for the Dolphins' secondary issues last season, but the coaches haven't thrown him under the bus. He's still in danger of losing his roster spot. Rolle has said he'd love to play in Miami, but wouldn't necessarily be an upgrade as a cover safety or tackler.
Source: Palm Beach Post
Related: Gibril Wilson

looks like Wilson is getting the boot no matter what. Rolle is young, talented and would be a upgrade so I say grab him. plus he already wants to be here

Um... I believe Rolle is one year younger then Wilson. Is that really that much younger?

Lots of assumptions that Wilson gets cut. You may be surprised to see Bell being the odd man out. My understanding is Bell is owed a very large amount of cash, is 31 years old and SS can be played by Wilson/Clemens.

Back
Top Bottom