Merrill says Ronnie Brown is the best back/Brown best player in draft? (Merged) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merrill says Ronnie Brown is the best back/Brown best player in draft? (Merged)

Merril Hodge, You get a free pass today. I won't start calling you an idiot again until tomorrow.

It was good. I am happy. Would have liked to trade down to #9 and still got brown like Clumpy said, but I KNEW he would be the first RB taken.

Yes. Excellent. Great to hear what Saban said about him as well. High character guy.

FiN.in.RI said:
Saban WANTS Ricky back... he really does

He is selling the idea to Ricky. Saban wants what is best for this football team. It's exactly as Saban said, "He brings value to this football team."

And he does......

WOW, Hodge did Brown up big time. After watching Saban with Hank, he was the man from the beginning. Did you see the smile on Sabans Face?

ZOD said:
He is selling the idea to Ricky. Saban wants what is best for this football team. It's exactly as Saban said, "He brings value to this football team."

And he does......

I agree and I think he's doing a good job of it.

Cheapshotz said:
Merril Hodge, You get a free pass today. I won't start calling you an idiot again until tomorrow.

TODAY only.... :wink:

That was an excellent 3 or so minutes of Ronnie Brown highlights and love. I wish I would have thought to push the record button. :mad:

Anyway, it really showed what the guy can do. He's got some SERIOUS skills.

My favorites:

- Brown obliterating a Tennessee defender on the way to the endzone, running him over with the same side shoulder and foot.

- The BEAUTIFUL catch past two defenders WAY downfield from Campbell.

- The dominating block for Cadillac near the endzone. Brown was steamrolling his guy down the field and out of bounds.

And again, Saban said that Ronnie was the only player who put half their defensive players in the training room for a week after they played him.

Those are the clips i've been talking about. I was about 50/50 on Brown until I saw those video clips yesterday. When I saw that finish on the block, the catch down the field out of the backfield, and the finish, running through the Tennessee LB for the TD, I said, I want this guy, hands down. Hodge said in 5, maybe as soon as 2 years, he'll be hands down, the best player out of this draft. Gotta love it!

I have to admit it, I'm glad we didn't trade for Edge / Alexander now....

Brown is the FULL PACKAGE. This guy will be a huge threat on offense. I can't wait to see what we have in store for him, and Linehan's going to love having him to work with. Great to see Saban smiling....

PHINZ RULE!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:
I have to admit it, I'm glad we didn't trade for Edge / Alexander now....

Brown is the FULL PACKAGE. This guy will be a huge threat on offense. I can't wait to see what we have in store for him, and Linehan's going to love having him to work with. Great to see Saban smiling....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Yeah, that smile on Nicks face was CLASSIC!!! I loved seeing that. It's amazing what Linehan will be able to do with this offense. Jaws said it, give brown a crease and he'll make this offensive line better. That plus Hudson Houck and just some overall experience and improvement will go a long way. If that comes together and Feeley picks up where he left off as far as getting better at the end of the season, then having Brown to go with McMichael, Chambers, and Booker will give us a much improved offense.

fishfan34 said:
Yeah, that smile on Nicks face was CLASSIC!!! I loved seeing that. It's amazing what Linehan will be able to do with this offense. Jaws said it, give brown a crease and he'll make this offensive line better. That plus Hudson Houck and just some overall experience and improvement will go a long way. If that comes together and Feeley picks up where he left off as far as getting better at the end of the season, then having Brown to go with McMichael, Chambers, and Booker will give us a much improved offense.

And Ricky :rolleyes:

kizzaboo said:
And Ricky :rolleyes:

Yeah, him too, i'll believe it when I see it. Although, I did see Lebaturd on PTI yesterday and he made it seem like he's had no contact with Ricky in weeks, but that he wouldn't be surprised if Ricky decided to come back with a new offensive philosophy in Miami. BUT!!!

<<<<< Isn't going to hold his breath!

fishfan34 said:
Yeah, him too, i'll believe it when I see it. Although, I did see Lebaturd on PTI yesterday and he made it seem like he's had no contact with Ricky in weeks, but that he wouldn't be surprised if Ricky decided to come back with a new offensive philosophy in Miami. BUT!!!

<<<<< Isn't going to hold his breath!

The way it sounds Saban wants to do what Ronnie before he came to Miami, 2 quality backs. I don't see Saban passing on Ricky. If he did I think he will want to grab another runninback.

Did you see the look and the grin on his face?

He wants to use Ronnie the way we can use him best. As a versitile back who can either block, recieve, play action, run the ball, and to be a decoy for the other back and McMike, Booker, and Chambers.

Back
Top Bottom