Merry Christmas Mock Draft! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merry Christmas Mock Draft!

Fin_Frenzy_84

Starter
Reaction score
Dolphins will have around 55 million to spend this year!

Resign-
Hartline-5 million
Bush-7 million
Smith-5 million
Starks 6 million

Sign-
Dwayne Bowe-8 million
Tracy Porter-4 million
Jared Cook-5 million

Trade a second for Harvin and give him 7 million a year extension

Draft-
1st-Dion Jordan OLB/DE Oregon
2nd-Dallas Thomas OT Tennessee
3rd-Bacarri Rambo FS Georgia
3rd-Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU
4th-Terry Hawthorne CB Illinois
5th-Jeff Baca OG UCLA
6th-John Wetzel OT Boston College
7th-Collin Klein QB Kansas State

Few undrafted free agents I like

Larry Webster DE Bloomsberg
Montori Hughes DT Tennessee-Martin
Zac Stacy RB Vanderbilt
Alec Lemon WR Syracuse
Emory Blake WR Auburn
Keith McGill CB Utah
Melvin White CB Louisiana-Lafyette
Moe Lee CB Utah

I basically went offense in free agency and defense heavy in the draft!

I'd stay away from Bowie and no need to trade for Harvin. We can find wr's in the draft. Your draft looks good. I love the Jordan pick and Thomas makes a lot of sense for this team. Hawthorne would be a steal in the 4th.

I'd stay away from Bowie and no need to trade for Harvin. We can find wr's in the draft. Your draft looks good. I love the Jordan pick and Thomas makes a lot of sense for this team. Hawthorne would be a steal in the 4th.

Main reason I wanted Bowe is because Wallace wants too much money and he may not even fit our system... Jennings is a nice free agent who i'd consider but injuries are kind of concerning. I think Bowe who is a big body would be nice with Cook and Harvin stretching the field!

Outside of Peterson, Harvin is that team's most important player so I think it would take far more than a 2nd round pick for him. That being said he's a true playmaker and one we could really use and i would love to have him.

Sorry, I don't like it at all. Playmakers are needed. I see one- Bush. Bowe misses more than he catches, no thanks. Bush needs to be used like New Orleans used him, 3rd down back mostly and split out frequently. Get Ben Wallace with the money for Bowe and Hartline. Not a Dion Jordan fan, as I have stated elsewhere in this forum. We need a difference maker at TE, Cook is not that. Hence I take Eifert round 1, Ertz is probably OK too. If you think one will last to our first pick in the second round, you might wait. There will be a good reciever left at 2B or 3A for us to pick up. I project Nuk Hopkins at 3A. Great hands, decent speed. He will more than fill Hartline's shoes.

Last edited by a moderator:
No way. If you thought Brandon Marshall drops passes you haven't watched Bowe play. You're concerned about Jennings injuries but Harvin misses games every year from migraines or a sandy vagina or whatever. Then you take no WR in the draft but the Honey Badger in the 3rd? You must be smoking what he has.

It's different, creative, and I'm pretty happy you're not the GM.

How do you rank the DE's?
For me its:

1. D. Moore (A&M)
2. Werner (FSU)
3. Mingo (LSU)
4. Montgomery (LSU)

I think we have to take one of these guys over frickin Dion Jordan

Also, we have to resign Reggie Bush if possible- he has been one of the few bright spots this year on offense.

Sorry, I don't like it at all. Playmakers are needed. I see one- Bush. Bowe misses more than he catches, no thanks. Bush needs to be used like New Orleans used him, 3rd down back mostly and split out frequently. Get Ben Wallace with the money for Bowe and Hartline. Not a Dion Jordan fan, as I have stated elsewhere in this forum. We need a difference maker at TE, Cook is not that. Hence I take Eifert round 1, Ertz is probably OK too. If you think one will last to our first pick in the second round, you might wait. There will be a good reciever left at 2B or 3A for us to pick up. I project Nuk Hopkins at 3A. Great hands, decent speed. He will more than fill Hartline's shoes.

Seeing as how Bowe has 59 catches on the year, you're telling me he's dropped 60+ passes?

Cook is a great seam threat TE! Bowe is a playmaker! Just look at the numbers and Percy Harvin??? Also we need more than just playmakers on offense but on defense also!

No way. If you thought Brandon Marshall drops passes you haven't watched Bowe play. You're concerned about Jennings injuries but Harvin misses games every year from migraines or a sandy vagina or whatever. Then you take no WR in the draft but the Honey Badger in the 3rd? You must be smoking what he has.

It's different, creative, and I'm pretty happy you're not the GM.

Two number one receivers??? Do you realize how electrifying that offense will be? Cook stretches out the field and same with Harvin! Its a fast offense with a big body at receiver who can go up and get the ball... Also Harvin and Jennings both have injury concerns but one is 5 years older than the other so that obviously makes the difference. Also Honey Badger is a playmaker on defense which we clearly need, I know he has off the field concerns and may smoke a little pot but when he starts to see the money he will realize he can wait on that! He is not a bad person for smoking pot lol

Also Harvin and Bowe fit the west coast offense very well.

How do you rank the DE's?
For me its:

1. D. Moore (A&M)
2. Werner (FSU)
3. Mingo (LSU)
4. Montgomery (LSU)

I think we have to take one of these guys over frickin Dion Jordan

Also, we have to resign Reggie Bush if possible- he has been one of the few bright spots this year on offense.

I like Moore and Mingo. Werner is also a good player but all of them including Jordan can get to the QB and one difference about all of them is Jordan can drop back into coverage... Do you realize we have the best tight end in the league we have to play against twice a year? A 6'7 guy that can drop back into coverage will help this defense tremendously!

Seeing as how Bowe has 59 catches on the year, you're telling me he's dropped 60+ passes?
people post way too mch crap here lol, and bowe has .1 more % drops than marsahll in the last 3 so don't make it look like it's a **** load more worse along with the fact bowe has had a **** load more ****ty QBs.

I like Moore and Mingo. Werner is also a good player but all of them including Jordan can get to the QB and one difference about all of them is Jordan can drop back into coverage... Do you realize we have the best tight end in the league we have to play against twice a year? A 6'7 guy that can drop back into coverage will help this defense tremendously!
Honestly, I'd like to see us use pick #1 on a WR/CB.

There is a lot of value in the second round at DE... I like to think I know the FSU players pretty well and aside from the two FSU DE's that will be available in the second (Carradine and Jenkins) I wouldn't mind seeing us grab William Gholston from MSU either.

Where the heck is TedSlimm? He should be in this thread schooling all of us.

Honestly, I'd like to see us use pick #1 on a WR/CB.

There is a lot of value in the second round at DE... I like to think I know the FSU players pretty well and aside from the two FSU DE's that will be available in the second (Carradine and Jenkins) I wouldn't mind seeing us grab William Gholston from MSU either.

Where the heck is TedSlimm? He should be in this thread schooling all of us.

I'm not a fan of drafting a receiver in the first round just because we will get a beast in free agency and there is a lot of good receivers in the second round. Now as for CB I would be happy with Dee or Banks in the first not Rhodes though because he has stiff hips. Only reason I always take a pass rusher in the first round is because a lot of the pass rushers that will be taken early seem pretty promising and there is solid corners in the second round.

Although I do like carradine and Jenkins! I wouldn't mind taking Dee if he fell and then take Carradine or Jenkins in the second! I also like Gholston as well!

Back
Top Bottom