Met Ronnie Brown Today.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Met Ronnie Brown Today....

MiaFins1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
....at an autogragh show in New Jersey....very nice kid ....lot of Miami fans were there....I asked him if he was going at # 2 and he said "thats the plan"...and he said it with confidence...now i don't know if that was self confidence or inside info confidence but to me it sounded like he's planing on going to Miami at #2......and to the guys who waited in line for the hour he was late thanks for the good conversation it was good talkng with some of you and getting your views on the fins...........

Wasn't there someone who posted a few weeks ago that they talked to Jammal Brown and he swore he was going to Miami in the first round? Sure are a lot of confident kids that think they're coming here. :)

If you were a guy in his early 20s who knew that he got to do his dream job somewhere while making millions for it, wouldn't you want to complete the dream by living in one of the nation's party cities? I know I'd be confident my ticket would be punched there before I started hoping for a life in Cleveland or Detroit...

MiaFins1[i said:
I asked him if he was going at # 2 and he said "thats the plan"...and he said it with confidence[/i]

please, if you said, are you going #1, he would've said "that's the plan"

Listen i know thats what he's suppose to say....i'm just telling u what he said ...is there i crime in that?

MiaFins1 said:
Listen i know thats what he's suppose to say....i'm just telling u what he said ...is there i crime in that?

I thought it was an interesting anecdote.

ABrownLamp said:
And hopefully Saban realizes that when you are at #2 you do not select a player that may or may not be better than the next guy at his position. You take the BPA...

Braylon Edwards in 05

No thanks on Edwards. Plus Edwards may or may not be better than the next best WR in the draft Mike Williams.

DonShula84 said:
No thanks on Edwards. Plus Edwards may or may not be better than the next best WR in the draft Mike Williams.

I didn't write that correctly. When you have numerous quality players in the draft that may or may not be better at that position.

Edwards is definitely better then Mike Williams, but I think the BPA is Derrick Johnson.

Also, besides combine times, aren't you a bit hesitant to take a guy that actually did not spend a lot of time at his position on the field? What has he proven?
If you lived in MI, you would have seen the ridiculous things Braylon did week in and week out.

How does the depth at a position have anything to do with BPA? I want Saban to take the guy who grades out the highest. (place emphasis on that punctuation mark)

If we assume the following:

Brown -- 95.1
Benson -- 95
Williams -- 94.9

Edwards 94.8
Williams 91

I still don't want Edwards just because the difference between him and the next guy and his position is high. I'm not against Edwards if Saban has him as BPA, but I will be irate if it seems he picks anybody based on the fact that they play a certain position. We don't need another Carey/Wilfork debacle.

Back
Top Bottom