Met Ronnie Brown Today.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Met Ronnie Brown Today....

MiaFins1 said:
....at an autogragh show in New Jersey....very nice kid ....lot of Miami fans were there....I asked him if he was going at # 2 and he said "thats the plan"...and he said it with confidence...now i don't know if that was self confidence or inside info confidence but to me it sounded like he's planing on going to Miami at #2......and to the guys who waited in line for the hour he was late thanks for the good conversation it was good talkng with some of you and getting your views on the fins...........

I want a punctual running back
lets draft caddy instead

ABrownLamp said:
Hell no. I go to Michigan State.
I watched him trampel the Spartans with 3 TDs in the last 5 minutes of the game.

Yea that was a great game to watch...Edwards owned Michigan State that game.

MiaFins1 said:
....at an autogragh show in New Jersey....very nice kid ....lot of Miami fans were there....I asked him if he was going at # 2 and he said "thats the plan"...and he said it with confidence...now i don't know if that was self confidence or inside info confidence but to me it sounded like he's planing on going to Miami at #2......and to the guys who waited in line for the hour he was late thanks for the good conversation it was good talkng with some of you and getting your views on the fins...........

damn, where in NJ?

Jimmy James said:
How does the depth at a position have anything to do with BPA? I want Saban to take the guy who grades out the highest. (place emphasis on that punctuation mark)

If we assume the following:

Brown -- 95.1
Benson -- 95
Williams -- 94.9

Edwards 94.8
Williams 91

I still don't want Edwards just because the difference between him and the next guy and his position is high. I'm not against Edwards if Saban has him as BPA, but I will be irate if it seems he picks anybody based on the fact that they play a certain position. We don't need another Carey/Wilfork debacle.

Will you explain to me the fascination with Ronnie Brown? Because I don't get it. The guy did little in college, but he has great combine times...so what? How does that translate into a #2 pick?
Edwards and Williams are both NFL calibur players...all of the RBs in the draft have question marks on their heads. I don't understand why, if you have the #2 pick you would select a question mark.

Jimmy James said:
If you were a guy in his early 20s who knew that he got to do his dream job somewhere while making millions for it, wouldn't you want to complete the dream by living in one of the nation's party cities? I know I'd be confident my ticket would be punched there before I started hoping for a life in Cleveland or Detroit...
Miami is the place to be. I don't think many people hope for a life in places like Minnesota, Green Bay, Kansas City, or Seattle either. Doesn't Seattle have the highest suicide and murder rate in the country?

ABrownLamp said:
Hell no. I go to Michigan State.
I watched him trampel the Spartans with 3 TDs in the last 5 minutes of the game.

That game was insane, and working with a buch of Michigan fans, I still hear about it. I got to hear about it today, in fact, slipped in their amidst a final four discussion.

Braylon Edwards is the real deal. He's simply incredible. He does ridiculous things regularly and in the clutch. And I can't stand Michigan.

TouchMyMarino said:
That game was insane, and working with a buch of Michigan fans, I still hear about it. I got to hear about it today, in fact, slipped in their amidst a final four discussion.

Braylon Edwards is the real deal. He's simply incredible. He does ridiculous things regularly and in the clutch. And I can't stand Michigan.

I'm not trying to be a smarta@*, but what do you think seperates Edwards from other big name Michigan WRs who flopped in the pros?

ABrownLamp said:
Will you explain to me the fascination with Ronnie Brown? Because I don't get it. The guy did little in college, but he has great combine times...so what? How does that translate into a #2 pick?
Edwards and Williams are both NFL calibur players...all of the RBs in the draft have question marks on their heads. I don't understand why, if you have the #2 pick you would select a question mark.

Brown was kind of beside the point I was making, but he would be my choice of the three RBs. Why?

- I think it is to our advantage that he hasn't piled on the carries. I'd like to see him with a few more from Brown in one of the years, but drafting a guy with as many carries on his body as Benson worries me.

- He has all of the tools you want a RB to have.

- He has size that Williams lacks. I prefer a back to be at least a little bigger than average if not actually the size of a Ricky Williams or a Jamal Lewis.

ih8brady said:
I'm not trying to be a smarta@*, but what do you think seperates Edwards from other big name Michigan WRs who flopped in the pros?

Come on man. That is a ridiculous statement. What do you think it's something in the Michigan water?
How about we compare any of these QBs from small schools to any of the other QBs that have ever come out of their university. I mean really, who was the last QB from Utah or Cal that was successful?

ABrownLamp said:
Come on man. That is a ridiculous statement. What do you think it's something in the Michigan water?
How about we compare any of these QBs from small schools to any of the other QBs that have ever come out of their university. I mean really, who was the last QB from Utah or Cal that was successful?

People had the same concerns about Chambers with Wisconsin. Its not a logical concern, but people seem to have it.

Jimmy James said:
Brown was kind of beside the point I was making, but he would be my choice of the three RBs. Why?

- I think it is to our advantage that he hasn't piled on the carries. I'd like to see him with a few more from Brown in one of the years, but drafting a guy with as many carries on his body as Benson worries me.

- He has all of the tools you want a RB to have.

- He has size that Williams lacks. I prefer a back to be at least a little bigger than average if not actually the size of a Ricky Williams or a Jamal Lewis.

I think this whole rush to get a RB in the #2 spot is silly. We could get a good back in the 3rd round. If the Phins were #10, then taking a back is acceptable. WE ARE #2...You take the BPA at #2, no matter what...We will never be in this position again. You don't take 1 of 2 iffy QBs, and you certainly don't take a RB when the draft is loaded with them.

Maybe it might have been a better question to ask if he was the best WR to ever come out of Michigan.

Back
Top Bottom