Metlife Takeover- 9/16/2018 | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Metlife Takeover- 9/16/2018

From a Jets fan's experience this past Sunday at MetLife:
Now he knows how I felt when I was at last year’s Dolphins-Jets game at MetLife. Waiting an hour for the bus to back to Port Authority was miserable.

Kudo's to all you guys and gals who were in attendance.

Still bothers me that I wasn't there considering how close I live but as fate would have it, booking a trip for the wife and son to go visit my mom, sister and brother in Tarpon Springs at the end of October.

Mom's just sent me a text letting me know she's looking for tickets for the November 4th rematch. Just need someone to make the drive with me. Everyone in my family is an Eagles fan. Although my mom definitely loved her some Dan Marino.

20180916_104827.jpg
20180916_104837.jpg

I really enjoyed the takeover event. It was amazing to be around so many Dolphins fans especially the tailgate - though there were also plenty of small groups of Fins fans dotted throughout the Jets parking lots.

The athompshere in the was great takeover section was great, the entire stadium was pretty play in the 3rd quarter but the athompshere in the first half, Halftime and the end of the game was great. The concourse, stairs etc were all bouncing with Dolphins fans at halftime and after the game - so much fun.

The section is at the top of the stadium (it's not like the Jets would agree to sell them a huge chunk of prime seats) but personally I thought the view was fine
20180916_125653.jpg

The tailgate itself was expensive and I was a bit worried the all-inclusive food and drink wouldn't be worth the money (to be fair a bottle of water in the stadium was $5!) But I highly recommend it. I expected the drink would end up being a few tins of bud light but I was totally wrong they had everything from water and kegs of beer to a dozen bottles of Jack Daniels and Jamesons Whiskey. I was drinking Whiskey and coke all day. The food was a huge all day BBQ and also trays of pasta, meatballs etc

Duper, Clayton, Nat Moore, Bokamper and Joe Rose were all there. Joe filmed the 'cup of Joe' pregame show surrounded by screaming Dolphins fans
FB_IMG_1537460566096.jpg

It was all really well organised and I didn't see any fights or trouble all day. I would happily bring my kids

Can't recommend it enough, if you have the chance to do it in future go for it, doubt you can have a better experience watching the Dolphins wouldn't going to Hard Rock. Even if you want to.book better seats you can still come to the tailgate

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom