Metlife Takeover- 9/16/2018 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Metlife Takeover- 9/16/2018

Your first time in the states UK?

Yup,looking forward to it

only have a vague idea of what to do in NY, I dont want to spend a load of money. Will go see ground zero and wanted to see Hamilton but the show isnt on the night that suited me

Last edited:
After a discount? $65 each. supposed to be all you can eat and drink.

I have some doubts, but it sounded fun and stadium food is expensive anyway
Wow. That is steep. Probably still cheaper than the stadium overall. All you can eat is iffy. How much can you really eat?
Technically none of us down here really charge anything to a handful of fans showing up. The rest of us trades stuff anyways. But if we ever would have a large contingent to show up from FH I ran some basic cost down. A burger (plus all condiments) and a beer would turn out to be $3.50 in cost. So we decided at a $5 price tag and the $1.50 extra would go to FH.
I guess planing a big event like that has added cost (like unused food) and I don't know who is cooking for all of these people but you probably could streamline it.
Anyhow considering prices in the stadium you probably can justify the price somewhat (plus I think food cost are higher in NY).

It is very unfortunate though that fans are willing to travel to NY for a Dolphins game but not down here.

Wow. That is steep. Probably still cheaper than the stadium overall. All you can eat is iffy. How much can you really eat?
Technically none of us down here really charge anything to a handful of fans showing up. The rest of us trades stuff anyways. But if we ever would have a large contingent to show up from FH I ran some basic cost down. A burger (plus all condiments) and a beer would turn out to be $3.50 in cost. So we decided at a $5 price tag and the $1.50 extra would go to FH.
I guess planing a big event like that has added cost (like unused food) and I don't know who is cooking for all of these people but you probably could streamline it.
Anyhow considering prices in the stadium you probably can justify the price somewhat (plus I think food cost are higher in NY).

It is very unfortunate though that fans are willing to travel to NY for a Dolphins game but not down here.

Well for me it's a much closer drive to NJ than it would be for me to fly to Florida.

You going this year too?

No, I have a 10 month old now, and given last year it was a similar time of year it was scorching hot (and this summer's been brutal), I'm not going to risk bringing her and dealing with the heat and potentially having to leave early (I live an hour+ away, so it's not such an easy thing).

only have a vague idea of what to do in NY, I dont want to spend a load of money. Will go see ground zero and wanted to see Hamilton but the show isnt on the night that suited me

Well welcome brotha hope you enjoy it. I’m from farm town in Ohio so there are certainly others that can help you out w/ the ins and outs of NYC. I went ten years ago and it was too busy for me but seeing ground zero was memorable.

Can’t rememver the cost of it but I took a ferry ride while I was there, cool experience and it won’t be too cold when you’re there.

Just do me a favor and don’t judge the rest of the country off the attitudes you come across in the streets of NYC O:-) not the friendliest town but obviously a site to see in the states.

Have fun homie and juck the fets

Ground Zero is worthy of a visit. It'll take longer than you think.

re: what to do it all depends on what you're into

Well for me it's a much closer drive to NJ than it would be for me to fly to Florida.
True. Still though EWR to FLL is a quick 2 hour hop. And if you plan properly flights can be rather low. For most it probably would be a weekend down here. Would be a nice though.
Many years ago when my old site was still up (some 15 years ago) we did two of those fan events. One was a Sunday game: they came in on Friday, did a facility tour, stadium tour, field passes game and most flew out the morning after the game.
The other was kickass: a Monday night game. Some came in on Thursday night, some early Friday. We did a facility tour on Friday morning, then drove to the port and took a 3-Night Dolfan cruise. Upon returning Monday morning we had a stadium tour, then tailgate, then field pass and then the game. Almost 200 people.

If you find me dirt cheap flights to Miami il come to any game you want lol otherwise il see you on my honeymoon - literally

The food is supposed to be professionally catered

Last edited:

To be honest, most of the fans that attend are from up here. There are a TON of Dolphins fans in the NJ/NY metro area.

Just found out my buddy's dad gave away his two extra seats to family since it's their home opener. I'm not too excited about it.

Well welcome brotha hope you enjoy it. I’m from farm town in Ohio so there are certainly others that can help you out w/ the ins and outs of NYC. I went ten years ago and it was too busy for me but seeing ground zero was memorable.

Can’t rememver the cost of it but I took a ferry ride while I was there, cool experience and it won’t be too cold when you’re there.

Just do me a favor and don’t judge the rest of the country off the attitudes you come across in the streets of NYC O:-) not the friendliest town but obviously a site to see in the states.

Have fun homie and juck the fets

Thank you :)

Yea to be honest im not really the NYC/London type. Just going because I found really cheap flights, New York isnt on the list of US places id like to visit (id love to go to Vegas but damn its a long way from the East Coast nevermind here) Florida, Disney etc.

Back
Top Bottom