Metlife Takeover- 9/16/2018 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Metlife Takeover- 9/16/2018

Yup,looking forward to it

only have a vague idea of what to do in NY, I dont want to spend a load of money. Will go see ground zero and wanted to see Hamilton but the show isnt on the night that suited me

Happy to help should you need suggestions on things to do. Plenty of options, so I'm sure you'll be fine just wandering around. Best time of year IMO to visit NYC.

This game is going to be fun. I'll be there with the wife. Say hi and give a fist bump if you see a super tall dude in a white Marino throwback jersey and white Dolphins hat. :cheers:

How tall? Lol sounds like you're describing me.

I too will be wearing a white Marino jersey and I'm 6'3".

Should've read an hour and a half, which is almost irrelevant as I drive over an hour each way to work everyday.

My problem is that it was my anniversary last weekend and I spent Saturday, Sunday and Monday night doing 3 different fantasy drafts and I am kind of in the doghouse.

As I'm typing this the urge to go to the game is starting to really grip me.

Maybe as a peace offering, surprise her with flowers and two tickets to the game? :up:

I'm in 346. Just looked at the section on a seating map and laughed out loud.

Not sure if beer is a cure for altitude sickness but I'm going to act like it is!

Yea the takeover seats don't look great I was tempted to buy better ones but being surrounded by jets fans would be ****. Mixing fans is unheard of in the European soccer leagues

I'm in 346. Just looked at the section on a seating map and laughed out loud.

Not sure if beer is a cure for altitude sickness but I'm going to act like it is!

Yeah, the takeover sections are way up there, but it's still a great time.

Fun Fact: Gore should pass Curtis Martin for #4 All-Time Rushing. That will be fun to cheer for at jets stadium! LOL

Yeah, the takeover sections are way up there, but it's still a great time.

Fun Fact: Gore should pass Curtis Martin for #4 All-Time Rushing. That will be fun to cheer for at jets stadium! LOL
something tells me they won't pause the game like they would in Miami.

... AND while I wanted him to do it in front of his friends and family in Miami last week, I'm excited at the chance to see it.

Should've read an hour and a half, which is almost irrelevant as I drive over an hour each way to work everyday.

My problem is that it was my anniversary last weekend and I spent Saturday, Sunday and Monday night doing 3 different fantasy drafts and I am kind of in the doghouse.

As I'm typing this the urge to go to the game is starting to really grip me.

Bring her tell her it's a joint party and have the DJ play a song from your wedding.

Wait how many years?

Bring her tell her it's a joint party and have the DJ play a song from your wedding.

Wait how many years?

If I tell her it's a joint party she's going to expect something completely different than what your implying.

4 years.

I'll have a talk with her tonight. I may have to put my 6-0 lifetime record on the line, in games I've attended live. 2-0 in Giants Stadium, early 90's. (including the fake spike game, which was my first game ever) 1-0 at Metlife, 2014 Monday night.

And 3-0 in Miami. Very memorable games, 2002 bye bye Ricky, bye bye streak game against the Jets in September, which was the first time I set foot inside Dolphins stadium. 2005 against Buffalo, down 21-0 in the first quarter and sitting next to none other than JP Losman's parents. a 100 catches later by Chris Chambers and won. Followed it up with the season opener in 2014, only time i've been to two games in the same season. Got married August 30th, went our honeymoon to the bahamas but stopped off in South Beach for 3 days first to see Miami smack Tom Brady around.

My wife came with me to both of those 2014 games, not sure she wants to be around me when I am watching football live. She knew I was obsessed but she didn't know to what extent until she saw me in the same building with TB12.

The Dolphins don't lose when I'm in the building.

Not gonna lie though, I had the opportunity to go to the Ravens game in 2016 and didn't solely because I was positive we were going to lose.

Back
Top Bottom