MetLife takeover | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MetLife takeover

bess15

Active Roster
Reaction score
Going down there for the first time this year with couple of my buddies. Flying down from Rochester on Friday and staying thru weekend, was wondering if anybody on here been there before and if so what should I expect, what bars to hit And if anyone going this year maybe possibly meet up and tailgate. It's jets home opener can't wait to ruin there fans day !!

CAN'T WAIT!!! Bought my four tickets two days ago. It will be my wife's first football game. We won't be tailgating, as we'll be taking the bus in from Port Authority in NYC to get to the stadium. Sorry, not a fan of all the gameday traffic.
I am waiting for the week before the game and grabbing tickets on Stubhub, as the price will plummet due to how bad the Jets are.

I have a buddy that has Jets season tickets, so I typically go up there with him. This season the game is the same weekend as my wife's birthday, so I can't make the trip. I tried to ask her if she would be interested in going to New York for her birthday, but that didn't fly.

I've probably been five times and last year was the first game worth watching; weather has always been terrible (hopefully a September game will be better). I know there is a big tailgate done by some Dolfan groups. I believe you can get more info here: http://www.metlifetakeover.com/

I am waiting for the week before the game and grabbing tickets on Stubhub, as the price will plummet due to how bad the Jets are.
Back in 1997, I drove from Brooklyn to Baltimore to see the Dolphins play the Ravens. This was before Ed Reed and Ray Lewis and StubHub. Vinny Testaverde was the Raven's QB. Anyway, I walked around the stadium for a little while before the game and bought a single ticket for $20. Turns out the ticket was about 20 rows behind the Dolphins bench. Oh yeah, they won that day, so it was a fabulous day all around.

I went last year, drove down from Syracuse, my daughter's first Dolphins game, it was a blast. We didn't do the tailgate and I think the club isn't doing one this year. That's OK because you can make your away around and eat with fellow Fins fans.
We're going again, we have reservations for the hotel the Dolphins stay at so we can get autographs. Great experience, NYC Dolfans do an amazing job.

Hi, I'm a local and have been to the Takeover several years.

If the event is the same as it has been for the past four years (and I assume that it will be), there will be a package available for around $100 per person that includes a ticket, a bus ride from Slattery's in mid-town Manhattan (bar where DolphansNYC is based out of) to the stadium, a ticket for food and drink at a tailgate (drinks might be limited so you might have to bring a six-pack of beer for yourself) and a bus ride back from the stadium to Slattery's.

There should also be an event at Slattery's the day before the game. Often a former player(s) will be there (in the past they've had Sam Madison and Jay Fiedler) and some raffles for memorabilia.

If you don't want to do the package, you should probably be able to get a cheap ticket on stubhub. You can take NJ Transit from Penn Station to the stadium for about $15 each way, assuming Amtrak has finished its repairs by then.

Hope this helps.

I'll be going for the first time this year as well. I've heard that there is a bit of a tailgate get together in the parking lot for the game. Which lot do people park in for this? I'm looking at picking up a parking pass and don't want to get one all the way across the stadium from the festivities.

Well I just found out NYC is only 16 hours from the Arctic Tundra known as Wisconsin so this may be a reality this year or next!

I'll be there. It will be my 3rd time in 5 years. This year, there should be plenty of good seats available....for cheap. They'll be giving seats away :). JETS SUCK!!!!

Back
Top Bottom