Mexico or London? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mexico or London?

It’s sounds like owners really want a 17 game season where half the teams get 9 home games one year and alternate the next.
The way I'm hearing it, they want 8 home and 8 away with the 17th played at a neutral site. Technically, there would be a "home" and an "away" team, but basically using the game as a meaningful exhibition game to expose the NFL to new markets. So maybe Mexico City gets 6 total games a year, and no team goes there twice. Maybe London gets 6 games a year. The rest are mostly one off's.

IMHO, the really interesting part is how the NFL will handle the Covid-19 complications. I'm pretty sure that the NFL players will be less open to those international games than they were a couple of months ago.

Im forma Mexico so I would love to see the team over here, theres also a Huge fan base around here

Man it sucks for me. I was really looking forward to watching the Dolphins this year. We were rumoured to be playing Seattle too.

Sorry for those who have gotten in the habit of enjoying these games in London. With that said, I personally would like to see NFL games played by American teams remain in America only. If the NFL wants to find a way to grow the sport outside of the USA they should plant teams outside of the USA. It's really not fair for those in London or Mexico to simply get random teams anyways. They deserve their own franchises. Sure, in this scenario, USA NFL teams would have to play there but to lose a home game because you play in Toronto, Mexico or London is just garbage.

Sorry for those who have gotten in the habit of enjoying these games in London. With that said, I personally would like to see NFL games played by American teams remain in America only. If the NFL wants to find a way to grow the sport outside of the USA they should plant teams outside of the USA. It's really not fair for those in London or Mexico to simply get random teams anyways. They deserve their own franchises. Sure, in this scenario, USA NFL teams would have to play there but to lose a home game because you play in Toronto, Mexico or London is just garbage.
I thought Nfl Europe was perfect for that

Could you imagine the premier league trying to stage games in the United States? I’m sure their fans over seas wouldn’t appreciate that
Yeah but I get that there are many who like the NFL but live abroad. It's a good thing really.

I’d rather the NFL charter 15 or more jumbo jets and fly the Europeans here.

It’s been reported that the Mexico game will have (or would have) the Az Cardinals as home team, so it was London for the Dolphins

Out of the two, I would prefer Mexico City. However, I wish the NFL would get rid of these abominations. If they want to put games in Mexico City and London, they should do pre-season games only . Regular season contests should be played in each team's respective stadium.

Back
Top Bottom