Mia VS Gbay A FreeBee Game??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mia VS Gbay A FreeBee Game???

Wdolfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Buff lost....This is a non confrence game....Miaimi can lose & retain 1st place. As freebee games go this is as close as you can get. I think Norv should come out throwing & Ricky should run the ball 35 times. How? Hurry up offense go for it on all 4th downs. cats & dogs living together. total pandamonium. Blitz all freaking day it'll be a score fest. ....ok none of this will happen... Miami "will try to establish a running game early to control the clock & keep favre off the field" "we don't want to get into a passing battle w/ Brett Favre" ...."we need to win the turnover battle"....."our defense may have to win this one for us".....blah blah blah

I still see this as a must win game.Not only to establish a lead in the east, but also as a defining measure for our team.They should go in there assuming that the bye week depends on it.

Wdolfan, you forgot we have to win the battle of special teams....blah blah blah

Miami's road record is pretty good. I like their chances. They have nothing to lose here.

Yeah, this game isn't life or death. It means very little and is probably the most meaningless game we play. It would be nice to get a victory to boost confidence and stuff, but if we could go 15-1, this would be the game to lose.

Last game was the closest to being a freebie. And we gave it away, even gift wrapped it for them. We can ill afford another loss. This is our chance to get back where we should of been. It's our for the taking.

"but if we could go 15-1, this would be the game to lose."
.....Huh?

Wdolfan.... he meant that if we had to play the whole season over again and only lost one game.... this would be the one to lose... i wouldnt say that.... i would say the vikings is the most meaningless.... or the bears..... or the lions... w/e

i have a weird tingly feeling bout this game though... and if ray just has a mediocre game..... we will do fine.... DAMN WE ARE STACKED!!!!!!

littlecheese is that U?

Originally posted by breckenridge55
Yeah, this game isn't life or death. It means very little and is probably the most meaningless game we play. It would be nice to get a victory to boost confidence and stuff, but if we could go 15-1, this would be the game to lose.

Um, huh?:lol:

I don't think there's such a thing as a freebie game, ever. However, if there was such a thing it would be a bigger freebie game for GB. They've got a 3 game lead in their division even if they lose, and the next best team are the friggin Lions for christ's sake! Of course right now their race is with the other division leaders in the NFC.

I want the Phins to have home field advantage. This is our chance to get a couple of games up on our division foes and be in contention for the top seed.

Go Phins, keep your foot on the peddle.

Originally posted by Wdolfan
Buff lost....This is a non confrence game....Miaimi can lose & retain 1st place. As freebee games go this is as close as you can get. I think Norv should come out throwing & Ricky should run the ball 35 times. How? Hurry up offense go for it on all 4th downs. cats & dogs living together. total pandamonium. Blitz all freaking day it'll be a score fest. ....ok none of this will happen... Miami "will try to establish a running game early to control the clock & keep favre off the field" "we don't want to get into a passing battle w/ Brett Favre" ...."we need to win the turnover battle"....."our defense may have to win this one for us".....blah blah blah

What the heck....

a) there is no such thing as a "free bee" game. What is that anyways? If you have higher aspirations this is the game you should win. Much like the Denver game.

It makes a world of difference between 6-2 and 5-3 especially when you consider that we are aiming for more than just the division. Ever heard of such thing like the "bye week". In case you did not: this is an additional week of the two top rated teams in each conference receive when it comes to the playoffs. According to your calculations every loss of our division rivals gives us a "free bee" game. Yeah great...I would love to win the division at 9-7 or 10-6...puh-lease.

b) Our O is Ricky and a QB to take care of the offense. We got Ricky for exactly that purpose: to be our featired player on O. Some have QBs, some have running backs, less than a handfull have both, most have none.
In order for us to win: Ricky has to establish our running game, Lucas have to be able to spread the ball in the short and medium passing game using all his weapons available. At this point he has an arsenal Foedler has not have yet: 2 outstanding WRs (one of them will go into the HOF very soon, the other maybe in 10 -15 years), two excellent TEs (Clarke and MM), a pass hapy FB (Konrad), 3 RBs who are capable of catching the balls as well as running them, two additional receivers (Ward and McKnight), Dixon will be back on OL.

NO EXCUSES!

Anything less than the bye week in the playoffs this year, is what I would consider a failure.

Originally posted by va dolfan
Anything less than the bye week in the playoffs this year, is what I would consider a failure.

I wouldn't callit a failure but it would be dissappointing...tremendously dissappointing.

I call a failure when we are again ...1 and out...

now we need to start pulling away from the pack in the east.

Back
Top Bottom