Miami among teams showing the most interest in WR Roscoe Crosby | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami among teams showing the most interest in WR Roscoe Crosby

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
Former CLEMSON wide receiver ROSCOE CROSBY (#25) worked out for scouts at Spring Valley High School in Columbia, South Carolina on Friday morning, July 1st, as between 18-20 teams were in attendance for his "Pro Day"... weighed in at 6013, 218 pounds... he was 6016, 204 pounds at Clemson's Pro Day in early March... ran between 4.45 and 4.52 in the 40... fastest watch read 4.43 and slowest was 4.57... 18 reps of 225 pounds... 35-36" vertical, as he jumped against the side of the wall in the weight room, so various team's added roughly 2" to his jump... 10 1/4" broad jump... agility drills were done on the same grass field, as his 40-times, which was soft and created some slipping and plenty of divots, so a consensus of his times were not immediately made available... free agent NFL quarterback SHAUN KING was in attendance to throw passes to Crosby, but tightness in his (Iliotibial "IT" Band) right leg along with some cramping forced them to complete just 3-5 reps before an on-site rehab physician, Stephan Parker, recommended that he take a break... the physician took members of all 18-20 NFL teams aside to explain the tightness and potential to cause an injury by pushing it on the field... "That is not actually considered an injury, the tightness can occur in the leg from the stress of a workout... it usually just takes a few days of good rehab, which includes rest, ice, compression and elevation, so there should be no lingering ill effects for the athlete", explained a physician we spoke with... it was roughly 90-95 degrees and there was still a lot of humidity left from previous days, so the field was somewhat soft and created a lot of divots... “It was so unfortunate that he wasn’t completely healthy because his biggest strength is his route-running and the ability to catch,†(Shaun) King said in an interview with "The State" on Friday... Carolina, New Orleans, NY Giants, Chicago, Miami and Kansas City seemed to spend more time evaluating him during Friday's workout... Crosby intends to perform for scouts again, a few days before the Supplemental Draft, so that they can see him do positional drills, catch passes and possibly run the 40-yard dash again... this would mirror when running back Tony Hollings (Houston) performed a second workout the day before the 2003 NFL Supplemental Draft... his second workout will be held at the PLEX (741 Fashion Drive, Columbia, SC (803) 360-7300) on July 12th, with a start time of 11AM, this is an indoor complex to protect against possible weather conditions... please contact his agent for any/all additional information, directions or to receive a video copy of last Friday's workout.

http://www.gbnreport.com/nextlevelreports.html

I would just like to point out the parts where Shaun King said his biggest strengths are actually his route running and catching ability...which is funny because given his size and athleticism, those would have to be pretty good to be his biggest assets.

Also note that Miami is one of the teams showing the most interest in him.

I hate to toot my own horn here :rolleyes: (ok, i love to), but I felt I should point out this thread...which I created a while ago...

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=82421&highlight=Crosby

Your horn is worth listening too.I still think we need a WR.I have no faith in Boston lasting the season.

YES FEEL FREE TO GIVE IT UP TO YOURSELF HERE ! I DO ALL THE TIME ! WHY ? BECAUSE I AM THE ROCK THAT HOLDS THE DOLPHIN NATION TOGETHER

sort of like winger in the movie stripes

nice read man thanx saban knows talent so in saban i trust and i lay all of my hopes in his hands.

I'm probably way off on this since I didn't know who the guy was until I clicked the link, but it sounds to me like it isn't likely he'll contribute to any team as a WR this season and that he probably won't get drafted high in the supplemental draft if at all.

I actually heard he may not be drafted at all now after missing part of his workout last week because of the cramping. We may be able to pick him up as a FA though.

No he won't get drafted high. He's very inexperienced. He hasn't played football in like 2 years. He showed a heck of a lot of potential when he was fresh into college but some very unfortunate incidents took over his life for a while. Yet, he's still very young even having gone through so much already.

He is a project. As I said in the thread that I started about him nearly a month ago, drafting him would replace either Josh Davis or Bryan Gilmore as our developmental WR. A lot of people don't like the idea because they're in love with these reports of Josh Davis being the next in a long line of minicamp superstars, but 9 times out of 10 those minicamp superstars disappear when the pads come on.

Nublar7 said:
I actually heard he may not be drafted at all now after missing part of his workout last week because of the cramping. We may be able to pick him up as a FA though.

With 20 teams in attendance, I doubt that. He's having another workout prior to the supplemental draft. And, as pointed out by GBNreport, this is the same thing that happened to Tony Hollings. He had an original workout, got hurt during I think, and then had another one the day before the draft. He got taken in the 2nd round.

crosby was an absolute beast as a frosh in college, and is a possible solid pro reciever, but given the fins' needs, i hope that they take wright.

I don't see Saban using TWO draft picks in the supplemental draft.

PhinsOwnU said:
I don't see Saban using TWO draft picks in the supplemental draft.

If he could get superior talent compared to what he'd be likely to get in the regular draft a year early by using them, I think it is extremely likely that he would use every pick he had. This isn't like trading a pick away for a veteran at all if you ask me -- it's a second bona fide draft with young players who might help the team win if taken at the right price.

Jimmy James said:
If he could get superior talent compared to what he'd be likely to get in the regular draft a year early by using them, I think it is extremely likely that he would use every pick he had. This isn't like trading a pick away for a veteran at all if you ask me -- it's a second bona fide draft with young players who might help the team win if taken at the right price.

He won't do it. Having less picks in the REAL draft is less leverage for the 06 draft. If there's a player he really wants and he's already used TWO picks in the supplemental he won't have enough ammunition to move up and grab that player.

Back
Top Bottom