Miami at Louisville | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami at Louisville

23Ronnie23 said:
this loss was pathetic

One more side note...

UM stomped on the Cardinal logo at midfield.:shakeno:

Since Papa John's Cardinal Stadium was opened, 5 teams have done that. Their record: 0 - 5, and I'm talking BLOW OUTS. I was at the East Carolina game when they danced on the Cardinal. That was a few years ago, when ECU wasn't that bad of a team. The game was over by halftime and they pulled their starting QB, because he had possible internal injuries. He spent the next week in the whirlpool be tended to by trainers. U of L D-lineman planted him in the grass so many times, he started to look like a daisy!

What happened to Miami, they used to have so much talent that they could beat some NFL teams now they can't beat FSU or Louisville.Time to give Coker the boot. Although Louisville is a very good team.

Canes got exactly what they deserved. WTF have they done to think they can stomp on a top 10 teams' logo like that. Pathetic, glad they got blown out.

LouPhinFan said:
2) I can see why all the U fans want Coker's head on a platter. They still have plenty of talent, but that offense is very stale. It's almost like the OC says "We'll run a simple offense and let our superior athletes win games for us", except their athletic superiority is not what it used to be. They made no adjustments at half time to help themselves out. They kept trying to run the ball into U of L's blitz. In the second half they barely took any shots down field, granted Wright had about 2 seconds to throw the ball. Coker got out coached today...

Thats bad when a fan of the opposition realizes the team got outcoached. But it was on defense as well . . . and its just like u said . . . yea Miami has some of the best athletes in the country on both sides of the ball, but when u don't coach these talents properly . . .yea they can get by FAMU and Duke, but they will constantly struggle against above average to superior teams. I mean to not make any adjustments to what Louisville was doing, on either side of the ball is unacceptable . . . taking nothing away from the Cards, they did their damn thing. And it was the same story against LSU, FSU the last 2 years, Georgia Tech . . . I mean enuff is enuff, u need a coaching staff who can make players better, not settle for what they can already do.

I picked Louisville to win this....too much offense.

Good game by a Top BigEast team.
It seemed UL got off a little flat maybe too pumped up for the game but as time rolled on the better team definatly stood out.

The thing that really pisses me off is that Brohm got knocked out. I was bothered by the loss of Bush and now they lose their starting QB. The back-up RBS have done well in replace of Bush but losing Brohm is a different story. You could see this last year in the UL bowl game, that would have been much different with Brohm in the game. I doubt anyone could disagree on that.

So that leaves WVU with their toughest opponent down 2 top players in the NCAA. Well the schedule is set and you have to play it. WVU is playing a very high caliber of football and I am hoping for that undefeated season. Whatever happens after that is up to the pollsters. UL is a very good team and the BigEast has shown that they aren't the bottom feeder conference everyone makes them out to be.

I hate Pitt so no problem seeing them lose but they did put up a good game for a while. Uconn and Cinn lost as well, but did anyone expect for Cinn to put up any of a game against Ohio St. 5-3 I'll take that this weekend WVU, UL, and Rutgers should all be top 25 schools this week or soon, With WVU and UL in the top 10.

Hate all ya want, these schools are coming to play and are showing that they are deserving of the BCS bowl bid. If you think the BigEast schools are overrated then you should start a petition at your school of choice to play a top BigEast team. We could sure use the help in getting top schools to play us.

I believe we have shown we deserve to be in the hunt for the BCS bowl games. If you think we should play for a NC then that is up to the BCS and the pollsters and I can live with that.

Guys,

What is happening to UM Football happened before.

Larry Coker is the 2nd Coming of Denis Erickson.

You remember Coach Erickson. Came in after JJ left for the NFL and Erickson won a Championship with JJ players.
Then the next year failed to win and so forth with
Frank Costa etc….

You see the very same thing happened with coker.
Took over for a Davis former JJ assistant and won
a championship the missed the next year etc…

You see the pattern people. JJ and Davis share the same work ethic. While Ericson and Coker do not know that the secret to UM success was in the practice habits.

Full game speed, full contact during practices. Survival of the fittest when it came to who started on saturday. No position was guaranteed for any player.

Look at former JJ assistants like Tommy in Aurburn who was the linebacker coach.

Look at former JJ assistant Ed Orgeron who went from
UM to be the D line coach at Southern California and won a championships now the head coach of Ole Miss.

Do you see former employees know the secret to success lies in the practice habits that were started by Schnellenberger and perfected by JJ.

Look at all the NFL talking about how UM practices where tougher than most NFL teams.

Bring back the majic…. JJ or Davis…. teach these boys to practice so hard that saturday felt like a day off.

Well it’s sad but as I watch the Game today against LOU I find myself cheering for LOU. That way all the press down here at the Herald can now safely say good by to nice “players coach†coker, wansttade, erickson etc….

Your players have to fear their coach… Jimmy Johnson, Butch Davis etc….

I never seen middle linebackers for UM so slow at play recognition…. do you even watch any film???? before playing a game???

I’ve been calling for coker to be fired ever since I recognized what kind of coach he was. To me it was Erickson again…

PAUL DEE wake up!!! you were there when Erickson came in and killed the program…

Why do make the same mistake all over again???

You nice is not the word you want in a coach…

SABAN, JJ, DAVIS… nice is a word you will never hear from their players…. but they sure as hell fear them…

And Fear is a great motivator….

Firing the assistants who never forgot how to coach was not the answer… It was coker and his friend last year who was the offensive coordinator who should have been fired.

I hope now we can move on. I am glad UM lost so we can begin the healing of PAUL DEE stupidity….

Just a suggestion now. Put a former JJ player in charge for the rest of the season like Randy Shannon. Just ask him what it was like to fear JJ as a player. And what it was like to have full speed full contact practices under JJ.

Bring the pain back in practice, cane on cane…. The boys right now are afraid and soft of getting hit or hitting…. That’s because of how they practice.

I’ve been saying this for over two years…. Come Lebatard grow some balls.. write an article it’s okay UM Lost the game…

WANTED
HEAD FOOTBALL COACH FOR:
University of Miami

Please send resume to PAUL DEE.

We prefer anybody whoever worked as an assistant to Jimmy Johnson. like Butch Davis, Tommy Tubberville, Ed Orgeron.

Please bring back the mental toughness and physical toughness that UM Football was all about.

All other coaches need not apply.

ZolarZ_GoPhins said:
UL is a very good team and the BigEast has shown that they aren't the bottom feeder conference everyone makes them out to be.

I hate Pitt so no problem seeing them lose but they did put up a good game for a while. Uconn and Cinn lost as well, but did anyone expect for Cinn to put up any of a game against Ohio St. 5-3 I'll take that this weekend WVU, UL, and Rutgers should all be top 25 schools this week or soon, With WVU and UL in the top 10.

Hate all ya want, these schools are coming to play and are showing that they are deserving of the BCS bowl bid. If you think the BigEast schools are overrated then you should start a petition at your school of choice to play a top BigEast team. We could sure use the help in getting top schools to play us.

I believe we have shown we deserve to be in the hunt for the BCS bowl games. If you think we should play for a NC then that is up to the BCS and the pollsters and I can live with that.

Yeah I think the term "Big Least" should be laid to rest when talking about the Big East Conference. Anytime a conference gets gutted like the Big East did when the ACC took most of the top teams, you've got to allow some time for the conference to recover. I think the Big East has some of the best coaching in the country. U of L, WVU, Rutgers, they have very solid coaches. Who know's what's going to happen with Wanny at Pitt. They really should have come out and won that game today. UConn is getting better every season, but Syracuse and Cincy still suck...

The Canes didn't want to play in the best football conference in college.

This is what happens!!!

BIG EAST FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got back from the game. The best part of the game is when all the Louisville fans turned to the Miami bench and started doing the FSU chop/chant.

Brohm should be back for WV. Even if hes not I have all the faith in the backup Hunter Cantwell. In fact I think hes just as good as Brohm in this system and the game is a home game for us anyway.

They shouldnt have stomped on our logo. One its trashy for anyone (especially an elite program like Miami) and two everyone thats done that so far has got their *** handed to them.

Also the official name of our stadium is Papa Johns but we all call it the Oven.

Also screw Lee Corso. He had the gall to call U of L a bunch of Miami rejects.....what a tool.

On a side note its neat that both of these teams were put on the road to success by Howard Schnellenberger.

The Blueprint said:
No, I'm leaving because I can't believe Finheaven made you a columnist. :lol:

I'm not a sore loser - I took the FSU loss like a man, because I respect FSU as a top school.

Uncalled for.

Mike's right a lot more than than he's wrong. And he actually does put his money where his mouth is. The Gambling Corner proves that every week. And the last Phintank column was on as well.

And you know what?? He's right again here.

Alex44 said:
And you would be wrong, just like you have been about every sports related thing you have ever posted on these forums, give me a break

Your as big a joke as the Big East

I don't need to defend Mike, but I will.

Not because he's a staff member, but because you're out of line. Mike's right a lot more than he's wrong.

In this case, he's right. And you're way off. Louisville and WVU can beat anybody in the ACC. Heck, they just mopped the floor with Miami.....without their stud RB and their future NFL star QB. And they very well should have beaten us the last time we played them. VT and GT are the only ACC schools showing they're worth a damn thus far. And VT hasn't played anybody yet.

Louisville has been as good or better than us for the good part of three seasons now. They're going up, we're going down. And it'll stay that way as long as Coker is in charge.

You talk about putting your money where your mouth is, Mike does that every single week. Check the Gambling Corner column. He does very well picking against the spread every week.

Mike has contributed more to this site over the years than you'll ever know.

Back
Top Bottom