Miami awarded three compensatory picks. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami awarded three compensatory picks.

I hope not. That would be ashort term solution to a long term problem. Plus I really don't like the idea of starting Maxwell and Rodgers-Cromartie with Howard and Lippett sitting the bench getting very little experience since they can't play slot. I also don't like the idea of starting Howard and Lippett and then having a lot of money tied up in Maxwell and Rodgers -Cromartie o sit the bench.

I'm more in favor of adding a cheaper corner in free agency and maybe another in the draft, with being able to compete with McCain in the slot from day one and the other as depth behind Maxwell, Haward and Lippett. And don't forget the team likes the progress of Lafayette Pitts.

Don't worry, acquiring any high salary corner whether by sign or trade means Maxwell gets the axe.

I hope not. That would be ashort term solution to a long term problem. Plus I really don't like the idea of starting Maxwell and Rodgers-Cromartie with Howard and Lippett sitting the bench getting very little experience since they can't play slot. I also don't like the idea of starting Howard and Lippett and then having a lot of money tied up in Maxwell and Rodgers -Cromartie o sit the bench.

I'm more in favor of adding a cheaper corner in free agency and maybe another in the draft, with being able to compete with McCain in the slot from day one and the other as depth behind Maxwell, Haward and Lippett. And don't forget the team likes the progress of Lafayette Pitts.

Well.....what team is rumored to be looking to trade for a big name CB?? That would the Dolphins of course, and what team is rumored to looking to trade a big name CB because they need the cap room to sign JPP and Johnathan Hankins, and they already have Janorris Jenkins and 1st round 2016 pick Eli Apple??

1+1 = Dolphins trade for DRC, and his market value according to the pundits is a 5th round pick because of age and contract; even though he had 6 interceptions last year and was ranked #5 in the NFL by PFF.

DRC is nice but I'd rather get Aqib Talib.

22 mil in the next two years and a possible looming suspension. Risky,very risky. The thing I like about acquiring him is that if he chose to do so, I think he could move to safety in 2018 and be an All Pro free safety for another five years. The guy is an animal with great instincts.

It's not that lofty when u consider he's already had a 63 catch 931 yard season in 2014 and at least will be the no.2 WR for his next team.
He also played on a 2014 Saints team that led the league in attempts (about 180 more attempts than the '16 Dolphins). He was targeted 83 times on those 63 grabs and was targeted just two less times with 81 last yr in Miami, but he only hauled in 42 passes. A 50% ratio!? And you can't blame Tannehill, cuz his completion % last year was 67%. Kennys not going anywhere and putting up 63/931.

I like the 7 picks. I expect we will see about 7 new regular players and as many as 4 new starters and Ideally no more than two or three free agents starting. Julius Thomas TE, Norwell or Zeitler G, and perhaps upgrade Damian Williams or replace him with a good FB.

Kyle Juszczyk, FB, Ravens. Age: 26.
Kyle Juszczyk is one of the top fullbacks in the NFL. He does everything you'd want a fullback to do; he blocks extremely well, and he's an effective receiver out of the backfield. He'll only be 26 in April, so he'll be highly productive for at least five more years.

I like the 7 picks. I expect we will see about 7 new regular players and as many as 4 new starters and Ideally no more than two or three free agents starting. Julius Thomas TE, Norwell or Zeitler G, and perhaps upgrade Damian Williams or replace him with a good FB.

Kyle Juszczyk, FB, Ravens. Age: 26.
Kyle Juszczyk is one of the top fullbacks in the NFL. He does everything you'd want a fullback to do; he blocks extremely well, and he's an effective receiver out of the backfield. He'll only be 26 in April, so he'll be highly productive for at least five more years.

I doubt you'll see Miami with a fullback. I don't recall Gase's offense using a traditional fullback

Gase offense may not use a traditional fullback but take a hard at the final four teams in the playoffs and they all had a traditional fullback on the roster. I believe the 7 of the final 8 had a traditional fullback the lone exception being Green Bay.

We'd pretty much have to bend to the demands of Kenny Stills and we'd have way less money to spend on much bigger needs like guard and MLB. We also can't let Juice get away.
I like Kenny Stills, but Carroo is still a good prospect that allows us to let Kenny go without fretting too much about the WR position. If Parker stays healthy and we lock up Juice, Kenny Stills would be an overpriced luxury for the next couple of years. Having a very strong offensive line and defense is much more important than having that many wideouts.
Just ask the Pats. All they do is plug in nobodies at wideouts that can run routes and catch while playing D and running the ball. Brady is amazing and he gets all the fanfare in NE, but go look up their defensive and rushing numbers last year. They were great at both. Playing D and running the ball still wins in this league.

Meh. Kinda went on an unrelated tirade there, but **** happens. Point is that having Carroo around isn't such a bad thing all things considered.

The pats have TOM BRADY, we don't.

BANG!! Post dead.

Just as when we had Marino, didn't matter who the wr's were. TANNY...., Not so much. And the point is, it's not just having wr's to spare, it's what that wr does and Kenny stills he is a LEGIT down field speedy playmaker. I am OK if he goes but we don't have a wr with his specific skill set. If TANNY can learn to throw to Parker more, the stills loss would hurt much less. He's not as fast but he is a big body, big handed playmaker who can put points on the board.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Tannenbaum memes write themselves:

Gets three compensatory picks

[the trick is getting the right pic here]

Already traded them away last year

About how Carroo allows us to let Stills walk, this is typical Dolphin: Let the guy who is getting it done walk because there's this prospect who hasn't done anything who will then bust and we'll have another hole to fill next year.

Getting a player like Julius Thomas makes Stills a little less needed.

DVP can run the deep routes just fine, and a lot of Still's plays were just beautiful play design by Gase.

Back
Top Bottom