Miami awarded three compensatory picks. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami awarded three compensatory picks.

DVP has spent half his career injured or ineffective... and so has Julius Thomas. Look, we can't justify the Thomas trade as "it's only a 7th and it just might work" and then count on the guy as if he were a sure thing.

Problem is, we only want to pay for guys when they haven't proven anything or when they've done it for another team. If they've worked here, they're too expensive and we'll get someone else. What's Julius going to cost against the cap, anyway? Will he be super cheap? In a similar situation, Maxwell redid his contract last year when he got here and he has the 4th highest cap number in the team right now.

I'm sorry if I can't get behind anything this FO does, but I just don't like the way they think.

DVP has spent half his career injured or ineffective... and so has Julius Thomas. Look, we can't justify the Thomas trade as "it's only a 7th and it just might work" and then count on the guy as if he were a sure thing.

Problem is, we only want to pay for guys when they haven't proven anything or when they've done it for another team. If they've worked here, they're too expensive and we'll get someone else. What's Julius going to cost against the cap, anyway? Will he be super cheap? In a similar situation, Maxwell redid his contract last year when he got here and he has the 4th highest cap number in the team right now.

I'm sorry if I can't get behind anything this FO does, but I just don't like the way they think.

The Thomas contract is getting re-worked but we won't know the details till March 9 when the trade can be consummated, rumor is he took less base pay and can re earn it through incentives.

Sorry, paying Stills 10 million a year is horrible money management.

He's not worth that and he's not good on a route by route basis to demand that kind of money

I'm fine with letting Stills go, same with Sims, Branch, all of our free agents really, they're all expendable. But I don't think any WR currently on the team can really be the dynamic down field threat that Stills was, Parker isn't that, Carroo isn't either. Aldrick Robinson on the other hand would be a viable replacement, he'll probably cost half the price of Stills, maybe less.

I'm fine with letting Stills go, same with Sims, Branch, all of our free agents really, they're all expendable. But I don't think any WR currently on the team can really be the dynamic down field threat that Stills was, Parker isn't that, Carroo isn't either. Aldrick Robinson on the other hand would be a viable replacement, he'll probably cost half the price of Stills, maybe less.

you think aldrick robinson will get 5 million a year?

Bro who will be your blocking TE in the future?

About how Carroo allows us to let Stills walk, this is typical Dolphin: Let the guy who is getting it done walk because there's this prospect who hasn't done anything who will then bust and we'll have another hole to fill next year.

Reality is, the Fins expect to replace Stills role with Parker. I expect to see alot of Parker, Landry, Sims and Thomas formations on the field and with that set up, who would you take out to put Stills in, and would it be an upgrade? My anwser is none of them and no...

So with three 5th round picks and one 6th round pick are there two or three players projected to go in those rounds that you're interested in adding? I think most of the potential starting linebacking and de talent will be off the board by then. A few, backs, receivers, tight ends and guards might be available, but with the exception of guards those aren't big need positions. I also like some of the late corner back options as depth or in the slot.

You know, I' don't have a problem with overpaying at times. You have to choose your spots. For example, we all agree that Vernon was overpaid by the Giants. He counted 13 million against the cap last year. And for only 8.5 million, we got... what, a 10th of his production? less? And we'll still be "paying" 2 million to good ole Mario this year. So who was the smart team here?

Since we're going to overpay -because you know we will- why not at least for known quantities instead of for lightning in a bottle like we always do? Instead of overpaying for a guard, draft one higher. Keep what already works, find your spots in FA, and if it comes to that, overpay for what you have. At least, do if the option is overpay for a "?"

It'll take longer but it's a proven way to build winners. Our way is always fix everything in one year and wouldn't you know it, stuff always goes wrong and sets us back a while.

Bro who will be your blocking TE in the future?

MY blocking tight end for THIS season would be Fasano. Cheap 1 year deal, probably $2M. This myth that Sims is a good blocker is truly baffling to me.

Starting this year compensatory picks can be traded.

Geez thats sorry news especially seeing we got only 1 full time starter from last years draft and that may have been pure luck to get Tunsil like we did.

Back
Top Bottom