Miami Can Shred Contracts And Get To Almost $90m In Cap Space In 2019 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Can Shred Contracts And Get To Almost $90m In Cap Space In 2019

I think reshad jones has a few good years left in him, but at this point of his career and considering the $, it's just time to cut bait. Think long term

I'm not sure in cutting Quinn. His contract wasn't because of us but his former team. He can take a pay cut because in hindsight Earthwake is a FA so his status of remaining a Dolphin is up in the air. If Wake moves on elsewhere do you really trust Charles Harris & Co. to even make a small dent rushing the passer? Quinn can be kept as the veteran situational pass-rush or 2 down rusher.

I'm in in the minority with this "tanking" notion so we'll still need some semblance of veterans still on the roster.

Tank season. Do it.
SGhNPa.gif

tenor.gif

Currently, over the cap has Miami at $17M cap space. With an aggressive dumping of expensive contract, that number can be close to $90M.

Tannehill - cut saves $13M with $13M dead.
Jones - trade saves $5M and $12M dead. I think he could fetch a 3rd round pick. Packers, Bucs, Raiders and Panthers could use safeties.
Quinn - cut saves $12.9M with 0 dead.
Parker - rescinded option saves $9.4M
Branch - cut saves $7M and $2M dead
Sitton - cut saves 5M and 2M dead
Kiko - cut saves 4.7M with 3.5M dead
Amendola - cut saves 6M
Akeem Spence - cut saves 2.5M
Kilgore - cut saves 2.4M
Larsen - cut saves 1.875M

With those moves, Miami will be at an estimated 87.81M in cap space.

Re-sign James, Swanson, Davis, Bolden, and Gray.

Extend Xavien Howard and Laremy Tunsil. Two young players who will be important to keep around.
I wouldn't cut Spence or Kilgore. Don't think I'd re-sign James either. Other than that, go younger and save the money. The plan is not to win this upcoming year, no point keeping most of those guys in that case.

If we're not going to be signing impact FA, not sure why freeing up cap space matters aside from whatever is allowed to carry over from one season to the next.

If we're not going to be signing impact FA, not sure why freeing up cap space matters aside from whatever is allowed to carry over from one season to the next.
For me, it's not just freeing up the cap space. It's also freeing up space for younger players to play and develop.

I'm not cutting Kiko or Jones. 12 million in dead money doesn't even make sense. Rather have the player. Everyone else must go.

I still don't see us letting that much guy go. maybe letting old 30 and plus guy.

well, you need older veterans around to groom the younger guys. Frank Gore needs to stay to groom Ballage. Jones is a huge cap hit, so maybe he should stay and groom Fitzpatrick. Wake is cheap, maybe he should stay too to groom some DE's.
I’m not into this soft hands grooming crap.

Get the young hungry guys on the field and let them play. The old guys are developmental stoppers

Wilson Stills Grant Drake will still hopefully be exciting to watch.
New coach knows he will be judged based off his defense..
I bet we dont even tank right and win 5 or 6 games.

with good rookie qb better than OS but on line of talent like mat moore. we will win at leased 6 to 8 team. we will win 5 to 7 game next yr with young qb. with vet qb it goes up 7 to 10 games.

If we cut Tanny post June then the dead money is 5+mill
Trading Jones is a great idea but we're gonna have a hard time finding a taker with that crazy contract.
With Kiko we save almost nothing so might as well keep him.
Believe Kiko 8.2. Dead money 3.5. East cut.

Back
Top Bottom