Miami Can Shred Contracts And Get To Almost $90m In Cap Space In 2019 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Can Shred Contracts And Get To Almost $90m In Cap Space In 2019

I'd shed like crazy but sign only younger guys on an uptick that don't command top dollar. Get a feel for the roster this year and keep your powder dry for the future. Picks and money for 2020 and 2021.

I can name way more safeties than 10 that are better than Jones. Dude couldn’t cover me.

Better yet, I’ll give you an asset on top of him to get him outta here.

Ok..shoot, keeping in mid that he's not FS:

1. _______________________
2. _______________________
3. _______________________
4. _______________________
5. _______________________
6. _______________________
7. _______________________
8. _______________________
9. _______________________
10. ______________________

Rashad Jones couldn't cover an old fart wearing depends!!! Who the hell would want to trade for that albatross of a contract? :pbj:

What I mean is we only save a little over 1mill and now we need another LB.
We save 4.7 mill.
Plus I don’t see Kiko as an effective LB. one of most overrated players on the team.

I agree
Larsen cut 2 mil plus he plays poorly hurt
Parker cut 9 mil no brainer
Amemdola 6 mil cut gets hurt too much
Sitton 5 mil cut old hurt
Quinn 12.9 million cut or renegotiate would like to restructure for at least half. We have no de outside Wake
Branch cut
Gray cut we have 3 tight ends

Jones trade for anything we can get he quit last year. To bad motivated his contract he is ok to keep.

Kilgore keep cheap enough we need depth.

RT hum what cam u get for 13 mil at QB. I probably keep him. See who we draft this year.

Kiko O probably keep his contract with the dead money is worth keeping plus the guy plays hard.

Spence keep plus he played well enough in a important area of the D.

Resign James Gore and Swanson

Extend X and Drake

Currently, over the cap has Miami at $17M cap space. With an aggressive dumping of expensive contract, that number can be close to $90M.

Tannehill - cut saves $13M with $13M dead.
Jones - trade saves $5M and $12M dead. I think he could fetch a 3rd round pick. Packers, Bucs, Raiders and Panthers could use safeties.
Quinn - cut saves $12.9M with 0 dead.
Parker - rescinded option saves $9.4M
Branch - cut saves $7M and $2M dead
Sitton - cut saves 5M and 2M dead
Kiko - cut saves 4.7M with 3.5M dead
Amendola - cut saves 6M
Akeem Spence - cut saves 2.5M
Kilgore - cut saves 2.4M
Larsen - cut saves 1.875M

With those moves, Miami will be at an estimated 87.81M in cap space.

Re-sign James, Swanson, Davis, Bolden, and Gray.

Extend Xavien Howard and Laremy Tunsil. Two young players who will be important to keep around.
I like all of it except Jones. I’m bringing him back at SS and cutting TJ instead. Jones is still a stud. Agree w every other move on there. I could be swayed on Kiko as he does make plays but damn good job Dog.

I agree
Larsen cut 2 mil plus he plays poorly hurt
Parker cut 9 mil no brainer
Amemdola 6 mil cut gets hurt too much
Sitton 5 mil cut old hurt
Quinn 12.9 million cut or renegotiate would like to restructure for at least half. We have no de outside Wake
Branch cut
Gray cut we have 3 tight ends

Jones trade for anything we can get he quit last year. To bad motivated his contract he is ok to keep.

Kilgore keep cheap enough we need depth.

RT hum what cam u get for 13 mil at QB. I probably keep him. See who we draft this year.

Kiko O probably keep his contract with the dead money is worth keeping plus the guy plays hard.

Spence keep plus he played well enough in a important area of the D.

Resign James Gore and Swanson

Extend X and Drake
Regarding Jones - we don’t know exactly what happened. Our HC quit on us. Jones gets the benefit of the doubt on that. And if he did go all pouty, he proved the coaching staff wrong w that pick 6 from the SS position when TJ was hurt. He’s one of the best safeties in the league. I keep him. Amaendoola stayed pretty healthy this year - my issue w him (and I’m cutting him) is he’s lost about 3 steps he’s almost Julius Thomas slow now. His YPC were in the 9’s - and no RAC ever. He’s now a very, very poor mans Jarvis Landry. No need for him. Play Carroo next year. Play Ford. Play Butler. They all offer upside. Amendola isn’t going to be a difference maker at all.

Regarding Jones - we don’t know exactly what happened. Our HC quit on us. Jones gets the benefit of the doubt on that. And if he did go all pouty, he proved the coaching staff wrong w that pick 6 from the SS position when TJ was hurt. He’s one of the best safeties in the league. I keep him. Amaendoola stayed pretty healthy this year - my issue w him (and I’m cutting him) is he’s lost about 3 steps he’s almost Julius Thomas slow now. His YPC were in the 9’s - and no RAC ever. He’s now a very, very poor mans Jarvis Landry. No need for him. Play Carroo next year. Play Ford. Play Butler. They all offer upside. Amendola isn’t going to be a difference maker at all.

Jones is good enough for his contract I agree with you there.

Motivation is a finicky thing. Some guys just have it all the time while others need to motivated by others.
I think Jones is now in that latter catagory. A winning squad is probably needed for him to turn the lights back on full time.

Jones is good enough for his contract I agree with you there.

Motivation is a finicky thing. Some guys just have it all the time while others need to motivated by others.
I think Jones is now in that latter catagory. A winning squad is probably needed for him to turn the lights back on full time.
Interesting take. And this is not an agenda-laden point but recall in 2015 the entire team was lethargic under Philbin for 4 games Jones and Wake did nothing. Then in the first two games w Campbell Wake had 7 sacks and Jones a pick 6 in each game. Jones getting that pick 6 at the end of this year may support your point. He was pissed and his ego bruised. I think Wake is always “on” by the way. Jones - you may be onto something- the right coach / situation may be a big factor in getting him to play to the best of his abilities on a more consistent basis. Nice post.

The Reshad Jones love affair continues to be baffling.

Go in the corner if you believe he was worth that extension/restructure. That **** is a disaster.

He has a knack for being around the ball and coming up with turnovers . . . Which is a good trait.

He got 2 early extensions after holding out twice. He is a poor communicator. He is often out of position and doesn’t have the recovery capabilities to make up for it. He takes piss poor angles . . . .always has. He has a lingering shoulder injury from when Heyward-Bey ran his ass over in 2016 . . . .and then last year . . . He quit on his team after throwing some diva like hissy fit because he didn’t wanna be part of a rotation to get Minkah (clearly the superior player) more snaps.

Ain’t nobody giving up a 3rd round pick for this one dimensional, over 30 safety, with those type of base salaries on the books.

Stop overvaluing this dude.

As for the cap . . . The “available” space for 2019 needs to be the most irrelevant number Chris Grier sees.

Focus on your current roster and make decisions that reflect 2020. If it means cutting guys and taking on massive dead cap hits in 2019 to be free in 2020 . . . Do it. Get young guys in here and have them compete for jobs . . . .and in FA locate those IAQ type values coming off rookie deals. Draft extremely well and trade what you can trade to add draft picks.

People actually advocating keeping Larsen and cutting Davis? That is comedy hour. You absolutely keep Davis over Larsen . . . .that is the type of guy you invest in cheap and keep building. You definitely don’t go shopping for or keeping some over the hill veteran in the FA pool.

Ross has given you the power and trust . . . .take advantage of it and build this roster proper. Let Tom Garfinkle worry about the fans as he probably already knows the most exciting thing he can do for this fan base is be terrible in 2019 and have the buzz building for a chance at a QB in 2020.

Of course I wouldn’t sleep on Kyler Murray either, I just don’t believe we have the clout to get that done. Load up on defense and youth this year.

As for the cap . . . The “available” space for 2019 needs to be the most irrelevant number Chris Grier sees.

Focus on your current roster and make decisions that reflect 2020. If it means cutting guys and taking on massive dead cap hits in 2019 to be free in 2020 . . . Do it. Get young guys in here and have them compete for jobs . . . .and in FA locate those IAQ type values coming off rookie deals. Draft extremely well and trade what you can trade to add draft picks.

People actually advocating keeping Larsen and cutting Davis? That is comedy hour. You absolutely keep Davis over Larsen . . . .that is the type of guy you invest in cheap and keep building. You definitely don’t go shopping for or keeping some over the hill veteran in the FA pool.

Ross has given you the power and trust . . . .take advantage of it and build this roster proper. Let Tom Garfinkle worry about the fans as he probably already knows the most exciting thing he can do for this fan base is be terrible in 2019 and have the buzz building for a chance at a QB in 2020.

Of course I wouldn’t sleep on Kyler Murray either, I just don’t believe we have the clout to get that done. Load up on defense and youth this year.

I like all these things

What about Charles Harris. Should we trade him or as some have said Flores may go with a 3-4 defense. Could he be re-born under a new HC or is he another Dion Jordan?

What about Charles Harris. Should we trade him or as some have said Flores may go with a 3-4 defense. Could he be re-born under a new HC or is he another Dion Jordan?

I mean trade him for what type of compensation? A 6?

At this point he is more valuable to us than anybody else. You have him cheap for 2 more years and you need DE help . . . .he should be able to at least be a decent rotational option for the next 2 years and if he gives you more than that . . . .great.

Back
Top Bottom