Miami clinches 5th draft pick! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami clinches 5th draft pick!

Im was raised in ohio and a life long buckeye fan. I was on the chase young train, but the last 3-4 games he was mostly a non factor and T-law punked him most of that game. So might be a good thing we arent high enough to draft him, cus he could be a bust.

Isaiah Simmons has to be the pick. He is the versatile player that fits perfectly in Flores defense. What Minkah should have been. Freak athlete. Draft a QB later. Tua at #5 would be a huge risk we cant take.
I have Tua being worth the risk, if he checks out.

Yep and would fit right in with what Flores wants to do defensively. He'd be what Minkah Fitzpatrick was suppose to be.

Yep, I think Simmons can be a lot of things. A new age linebacker that can really cover. Or possibly a safety. Doesn't have to be either full time. Only as needed in the scheme. He can do a bit of everything.

Im was raised in ohio and a life long buckeye fan. I was on the chase young train, but the last 3-4 games he was mostly a non factor and T-law punked him most of that game. So might be a good thing we arent high enough to draft him, cus he could be a bust.

He was in no way a nonfactor. Every opponent the Buckeyes played centered the game plan around ensuring Chase Young wasn't going to destroy them. Fans don't understand how impactful having a player like that can be. Even when they don't seem to make an impact in the box score. Because it creates opportunities for others.

Look at the impact Nick Bosa has made on the 49ers defense. That team was 4-12 last season. He's made the single greatest impact on their defense because players such as Arik Armstead -- who largely disappointed for the previous 4 years -- is now making plays. Because of Bosa's presence and being the central focus of the oppositions game plan.

Bosa has 9 sacks. But Armstead has 10 --- after only having 9 his first 4 seasons. Think about that.

Guys like Chase Young can make that kind of impact.

When he comes to the NFL, if he gets singled up consistently, he'll get sacks. It won't take long until extra attention is paid and his teammates reap the benefits just like Armstead in SF.

Young went like 4 games without a sack, yes they were doubling him and he was disruptive at times, but he just was not that dominant. T-law also made him look stupid most of that game, what is chase gonna look like against Lamar or Patrick. He may turn out to be a great player, but i think at this point hes overhyped. I would rather have Tua or a LT and pick up next tier DE at 18

They Should trade Rosen, Keep Fitz, Draft Tua let him sit a year to get healed.

unless someone threw the farm at us for Rosen, i don't think there's a lot to be gained by trading him. he's on a cheap contract for a back-up QB and he's still young enough to develop. Fitz, Rosen and Tua sounds like a pretty good QB room to me

Then who’s our backup? No. You guys don’t get it. We just beat NE with Fitz as our QB. We need pass rush, oline. Rosen is being groomed to be the starter. Don’t be fooled by the Tua smoke, we aren’t drafting an injury prone player over a guaranteed starter. IMO We will take an immediate starter like Simmons, Okuda or LT over Tua at 5. If he drops that’s another story. I’m going on record.

What about the RB Dobbins though...That guy is a beast. Id love to see him and Laird in the backfield next season.

dobbins is not just hype, the dude can ball. He would be a great pick if he can last to our saints 2nd rounder.

Back
Top Bottom