Miami Competes Next Year If... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Competes Next Year If...

I love your positivity but I think it is going to be at least 2 more years and probably 3 years before this team
might be contending for a playoff spot. Right now they might have 10-12 players on their entire roster who are good enough to be part of the teams future.

So basically they are going to have to find about 40 NFL type players over the next few years just to have a chance at being a playoff contender. They have the worst overall roster in the league at this time and that isn’t something you fix in one off season.

Assuming they have a great draft that gets them 5-6 players who can come in and play next season and they add a few quality free agents, they might win 6-7 games in 2020. They then have to back that up with another great draft in 2021, including finding a franchise QB within the next two years.

If they can have two great drafts, sign several talented free agents and finally find their future QB, then I can see them becoming a contender by 2022. Of course Grier is going to have to do a lot better job drafting players and signing free agents than we have seen from this organization over the past two decades. If not, we will be right back in this same situation a few years from now.

if it takes us another three years to contend for a playoff spot then we failed big time

Next week, Cincinnati, Washington, Atlanta, Jets, Giants, and Cleveland, all have winnable games. Could be back in the talk for #1 pick.

we basically run a hybrid 3-4 defense we need 2 OLB for sure biggest need on defense!

Pick ups free agency:
Yannick Ngakoue from jags
An offensive lineman or 2
Boundary Cb if possible
Ss or fs both positions of need

draft
Qb 1st round (likely)
OLB rusher (First round possible)
Offensive line (1st round possible)
CB late first maybe early second
SS/fs maybe with one of our second rounds
NT 3rd round possible
WR could be taken any round

also running back is could be addressed

if our offseason can be somewhat like this I can see us somewhat being competitive

Also I’m all for constructive criticism fire away lol

Next week, Cincinnati, Washington, Atlanta, Jets, Giants, and Cleveland, all have winnable games. Could be back in the talk for #1 pick.
4 of the 6 are perennially horrible teams, and the Giants are having an historically bad year (for them). If you really believe they all pull of a win, that would be a hell of a parley to bet.

Atlanta isn't nearly as bad as thier record though, so there is that.

I think most chalk Biegel up at LOLB. A ROLB is a must.

Back
Top Bottom