Miami contends the DIVISION | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami contends the DIVISION

Canadianfishfan

FinHeavean VIP
Reaction score
With fresh blood, new schemes, players rallying around the coaches, coaches using players to their strength, I think we compete for the division title.
Personally I think coaching was our biggest concern last year. This year... the wind blows in a new direction.. and Im really excited!

I think it will be hard to contend for the division as I think the Jets will take the division. They have a very good defense and will be tough to beat. A new offensive coordinator and the addition of Jolley should help improve their offense. As much as I hate the Jets IMO they look like the cream of the division.
The patsies have gone through to many changes. There is a reason why no team has ever won 3 SB's in a row and I dont see the pats changing this.

I think we can. We still have the defense that put us in the playoffs and gave us winning records a few years ago.

Big upgrades on offense, plus a coach who will open it up, we have the talent to be explosive. Much like the bengals the last few years, the record dosn't show what could have been. Alot of games we lost, we were in till the end, where an INT cost us. Our defense has always kept us in games, and this year, our offense can win them!

Defitnely, we made upgrades to the D, we are going to have an EXPLOSIVE running game w/ Brown, Harris, Gordon, and at FB Morris and Evans. Not to mention that we might have Booker, Chambers, and Boston, w/ Thompson and That kid from Marshall as our 4th and 5th guys.

I'm as optimistic as the next Fins Fan but we have the toughest division in football right now...Getting past the Pats, Jests, and Jills will be tough...(since the Pats are the champs right now, I didn't chide them). It'll be an exciting season because, IMHO, for the first time in 5 years, we will really compete...we may not win the division, or even make the POs, but I just feel that we'll be in every game. With the team the way it has been since 2000, it just felt like we were "lucky" when we did win. It'll be fun, as a fan, no matter what...

Canadianfishfan said:
With fresh blood, new schemes, players rallying around the coaches, coaches using players to their strength, I think we compete for the division title.
Personally I think coaching was our biggest concern last year. This year... the wind blows in a new direction.. and Im really excited!

if our qb position can play better and have no INT for feakin touchdowns and the return of ricky, i think we can compete this year. If one or the other doesn't come thru i think we will still be a 500 team.

Canadianfishfan said:

there is a big diffrence between "contending" and "winning"...

but your moving in the right direction.... and you did NOT draft a kicker with your first pick. so you have that going for you.

HelloMotto said:
if our qb position can play better and have no INT for feakin touchdowns and the return of ricky, i think we can compete this year. If one or the other doesn't come thru i think we will still be a 500 team.

:spit:

ch19079 said:

but your moving in the right direction.... and you did NOT draft a kicker with your first pick. so you have that going for you.

but a kicker can be important, he can win ballgames for you, right ? :D

This season will be interesting guys to say the least. However I just don't think we will be good enough to take the divisionn this year. However with another draft like this one, I can see us taking the division next year. Justasportsfan, I see you laughing now, but I know you are worried, you see the writing on the wall. The Phins are loading up. Hang around buddy we gonna have some fun.

I think we are getting a little ahead of ourselves in talking about contending for the division.

We need improved offensive line play and a lot more consistency from our QB before we can be considered challengers.

ch19079 said:

:roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom