Miami deep at WR - may be in the market to trade a WR | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami deep at WR - may be in the market to trade a WR

We're deep at receiver? How many catches did the guys mentioned contribute last year? Why would anyone trade anything for 6 catches combined?

We're deep at receiver? How many catches did the guys mentioned contribute last year? Why would anyone trade anything for 6 catches combined?
Probably the same answer as why do teams continue to sign Will Fuller to 10 million a year contracts year after year?

Talent.

Remember training camp last year. Everyone was "OMG we are so deep at WR!!"... then early in the season we are trotting out guys to start who are WR 4 or 5 on literally any other roster. I know health and the wrong moves in FA had a lot to do with the result, but don't look a gift horse in the mouth with what we have right now.

But, Fuller is no longer on the roster..... praise Buddha.

If they are as bad as you say they are, wouldn't that be "overpaying"? - LOL
Isn't getting another team to "overpay" for any of our players a good thing? - LOL
You sound "dazed and confused". - LOL
It is. Depends on the chips

Good riddance.

I don't even consider either player depth, so if we could dump either or both on other teams and get anything in return would be incredible.
How can you say that about Bowden? He was on IR last year....we dont even know what we have in him yet.

not based on his play last year, based on how he looked whenever he has played.
He's played like 5 games for us in 2020 (his rookie year), then got injured. Are we talking about the same guy??

He's played like 5 games for us in 2020 (his rookie year), then got injured. Are we talking about the same guy??
yeah, he just didn't do it for me. looked like he was running in molasses. the raiders probably had the right idea trying to move him to RB (which he didn't want to do).

some guys run a 4.45 forty and look like they're shout out of a cannon on game day, other guys run a 4.45 forty and look like they are a 4.6 or 4.7 guy.

this is from Ian Rapoport when we traded for him: "It had been reported that Bowden was struggling in pass protection drills (a necessary trait to getting on the field for a RB) and also had looked slower in practice than he did in college."

i chalked it up as Raider BS, but when I saw him play here i was like "he ran in the 4.4's?"

When I originally posted this I mentioned Bowden or Williams as players that teams MAY have interest in. Our WR pool though is much deeper with potential trade opportunities than just those guys.

Next time you get a chance, check out some film (practice or games) on River Cracraft. This guy has really developed as a pro. His routes, movement, and speed have come full circle in development. He's going to push to make the roster, and definitely could get some interest from teams needing a cheap WR4 or WR5.

As mentioned, despite injuries, lack of production, etc... Bowden and Williams could absolutely get some interest for teams looking to patch up their WR core. Bowden had a lot of teams interests for his college play while at Kentucky. Williams has had some great games as a Pro. Like them or not those are the things that go into bringing players in when you have major depth issues at WR like the Cards and Ravens.

Sherfield is also a guy that has developed well in SF and is ready to compete. Excellent route runner, hands, and decent speed. He's also more than solid on special teams.

If they think one of these guys can make them better they MAY be interested in bringing them in via late rounder trade rather than waiting until someone gets cut later.

Last edited:
I’m all for it but I honestly don’t know if we really can trade a receiver. Like RB, once you get past the elite guys, there are a gazillion receivers out there. Literally every team in the league has their Ankle Weight Wallace’s, 7-11’s, Marlon Moore’s, Brandon London‘s, Derek Hagan’s, and Leonte Caroo’s out there. How’s that for a memory test?

We still have a couple of day 3 picks that we owe KC In next years draft. I love the fact that we have five of the top 100. But I’m not averse to picking up a couple of more day 3 picks if there truly is a way to move a receiver. Hopefully we won’t need a huge number of bodies next year but extra picks are chess pieces for trade ups or drafting punters or pet projects. But let’s be honest, for where we are, this is borderline being greedy. The lede is the 5 top 100 picks.

Last edited:
For real, I hate that term “blue chip.” I think the same!
Hmmm..... I don't like the phrase "for real".....lol. What does it mean? Are ppl pointing out that something is not imaginary? Why would that be necessary?

I’m all for it but I honestly don’t know if we really can trade a receiver. Like RB, once you get past the elite guys, there are a gazillion receivers out there. Literally every team in the league has their Ankle Weight Wallace’s, 7-11’s, Marlon Moore’s, Brandon London‘s, Derek Hagan’s, and Leonte Caroo’s out there. How’s that for a memory test?

Love it

I was gonna post Brandon London but saw you already had him in there when I re read it

Back
Top Bottom