Miami Defense Week 10 Pros and Cons | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Defense Week 10 Pros and Cons

buxster07

Active Roster
Reaction score
Heya Finsters,

Since today's win carries big news at QB, I thought it would be also give props to the D, and chat about their performance today

Great showing today hmm? But I'm sure there are many issues needing to be resolved, and also some new ones.

Pros:
Secondary

• I thought Bell had a complete game this week. It seemed this was a game where he made some very crucial plays and seemed to resolve his tackling issues.
  • Reshad Jones- Break through game for the rookie and could be solid insurance if Clemons is injured.
  • Davis blanketed Moss and
  • Al Harris is already having impact.
Linebackers

• Dansby: He's a ball hawk and is always around the ball. Solid performance again.
  • LBs showed improvement against the screens this week.
D-Line

• Got decent pressure, stayed disciplined and set the edge well- minimizing Young's scramble and filtering C.Johnson to the middle.
Cons:

Reliance on exotic blitzes. Our front can not generate a rush with the front 7 on their own. Most of the pressure comes when we bring in the DBs. The Injury to Wake spells trouble with our sack master having a hip problem.

What did you see that was significant this week?

Was today a fluke because of the Titan's qb problems? Did we catch the Titans on a bad day?

They only got 259 yards of offence and without the pass interferance on VD and ensuing TD run got 10 points.
Great job D :)

~~~ GOOOO FINS ~~~~

p.s. I played some QB in high school if they need me :)))))))))

I wasn't sure how the Al Harris signing would go but I have to say, for this game at least, he played very well. He seems to bring a toughness to the other side of the field that matches Vontae Davis. He's a physical guy that fits the defense well and it seems the other DBs fed off of him. Even Sean Smith played physical out there.

Our pass rush - Wake = Suck!

Back
Top Bottom