Miami Dolphin OC’s: Its Not Them, It’s Us! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphin OC’s: Its Not Them, It’s Us!

My only problem with that list is, not one of the names was so spectacular, that it removed the idea we might end up hiring from inside.

In all due respect to Godsey and Studesville, I do not want the same thinking from last year, but a new fresh offense...Someone that can get the most out of Tua.
While I understand what you are saying, that's complete generalisation.

I don't understand why ppl think a new OC is going to change philosophy.

Everyone, including Flo wants someone creative, and innovative to get the best out of the individual players, but it is still the HCs prerogative to set the "tone" as he sees fit.

Nobody is going to come in and tell coach what to do.

I thought DaBoll did a decent job with the tools given when he was here in Miami. I liked the design of the plays but we never had the time for the play action, fake screen right, real screen left kind of plus to develop. It wasn’t right for where we were at the time and he didn’t adjust to a simpler style of plays. But I liked him.

As far as the new list, I agree I’d like to have so many good names that we don’t consider in-house hires. But it’s just not in the cards this year.

I think someone like McDaniel or Canada would be good for us, even though it might mean that we haven’t changed our offensive philosophy very much.

I think the reason is Coach Flo has a plan for how the offense should compliment the defense. It might work but it makes me nervous that our guy won’t be the innovative young game changer that you see getting all the HC interviews. But maybe that’s part of the reason we want this type of Coach?

I want an OC who will play to the strengths of the talent we have. Currently, very little talent. An OC who can adjust during the game and particularly at half time. Most importantly this OC must work on Tua's development and help him become who we all hope.
Parker ≠ Very little talent

Gesicki ≠ Very little talent

Williams (when healthy) ≠ Very little talent

The "Get Tua some weapons" excuse needs to stop.

I loved Daboll as our OC. I liked his schemes. Fans tend to focus on the results rather than the process. But whenever there are multiple variables it’s usually folly to put it all on one of those variables.

Parker ≠ Very little talent

Gesicki ≠ Very little talent

Williams (when healthy) ≠ Very little talent

The "Get Tua some weapons" excuse needs to stop.

Dead last in average separation. If you want ill meet you in the middle and say these guys are slightly above average. The "we have weapons and Tua sucks after 9 games coming off a disclocated hip" needs to stop.

The picture I used is pretty small, heres a link to the info https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/receiving#average-separation

nfl stats.png

Dead last in average separation. If you want ill meet you in the middle and say these guys are slightly above average. The "we have weapons and Tua sucks after 9 games coming off a disclocated hip" needs to stop.

The picture I used is pretty small, heres a link to the info https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/receiving#average-separation

View attachment 62760
Would you mind quoting me the separation numbers from the previous season?

All these numbers to substantiate Tua's failure is what drives the narrative against him.

You all are worse than ignorant parents who bring copies of tests with 73 on them to the teacher and ask why didn't their child get an "A"...because the futhermucker didn;'t deserve one.

This is the same Parker that eggheads have all these new age stats saying he doesn't get separation:

Last edited:
Peyton was pushing the ball down field as a rookie. Throwing beyond 15 yards. Peyton wasn’t checking it down.

College clearly doesn’t mean much. Those college skills don’t always translate to the NFL

All these numbers to substantiate Tua's failure is what drives the narrative against him.

You all are worse than ignorant parents who bring copies of tests with 73 on them to the teacher and ask why didn't their child get an "A"...because the futhermucker didn;'t deserve one.

This is the same Parker that eggheads have all these new age stats saying he doesn't get separation:

Y’a continue ignoring the facts and posting 1 year old videos without regarding the players health

and to your point when Williams and parler and gesicki were healthy.... tua did shine

I can provide footage of tua doing things tua haters claim he cant do as well. Parker played through injuries this year but ya know what, hes injured every year. Hes had ample time to prove himself and has had one breakout year. Im just as unimpressed by the person ur defending after 6 seasons as the person you’re unimpressed by after 9 games.

I see it as Flo is not willing to stick to something he feels isn't working. He knows no one (including) himself has the rope to muck around with a bad system for a few seasons in hope it turns around.

So he gets his 3rd OC in 3 years. That isn't good, no matter how you slice it. If anything it makes the Gailey hiring even more head scratching.

So far Coach Flores has earned at least a meh on QB decisions and flat-out trash in a consistent system for the offense. He better nail this next choice, because his job will depend on it. Can't have Tua going through 3 different systems in 3 years at Coaches current rate.

The Gailey hire was absoloutely the right hire...for Fitz. O'Shea was a questionable fire.

I believe that Flores came into this season with Fitz as the starter to ride the wave from last season.

I don't think Tua was even in the plans to play any serious time this season.

The next OC...whomever it is, needs to be young (coaching wise so he doesn't leave for a HC position when one opens up) and progressive.
If as you state the Gailey hire was all about hiring the right OC for Fitzpatrick, then Flores was 100% wrong in making that hire. The Dolphins knew when they hired Gailey that they were going to be drafting a QB with the fifth pick. So they needed to hire an OC who could develop that QB and not for a career backup who they knew was not the future QB of the Dolphins.

Gailey has never been a coach known for developing young QB’s. He always has preferred veteran QB’s to run his system. Hiring an OC for Fitzpatrick with the expectation that Tua wouldn’t receive any serious playing time would have been an absurd hire, IMO. Obviously you are wrong in making this statement since it was Flores who decided to start Tua while Fitzpatrick was still playing okay as the starting QB.

I think Flores just made a huge mistake in hiring Gailey and Gailey never really wanted to have to deal with Tua as his QB. He came to the Dolphins only because of Fitzpatrick and he quit after the season when he realized Fitzpatrick would not be returning to the Dolphins next season. Hopefully Flores finally gets it right in the hiring of an OC because there will be no consistency on offense for the Dolphins until they find an OC who can build an offense around Tua and that OC stays around for more than one season.

If as you state the Gailey hire was all about hiring the right OC for Fitzpatrick, then Flores was 100% wrong in making that hire. The Dolphins knew when they hired Gailey that they were going to be drafting a QB with the fifth pick. So they needed to hire an OC who could develop that QB and not for a career backup who they knew was not the future QB of the Dolphins.

Gailey has never been a coach known for developing young QB’s. He always has preferred veteran QB’s to run his system. Hiring an OC for Fitzpatrick with the expectation that Tua wouldn’t receive any serious playing time would have been an absurd hire, IMO. Obviously you are wrong in making this statement since it was Flores who decided to start Tua while Fitzpatrick was still playing okay as the starting QB.

I think Flores just made a huge mistake in hiring Gailey and Gailey never really wanted to have to deal with Tua as his QB. He came to the Dolphins only because of Fitzpatrick and he quit after the season when he realized Fitzpatrick would not be returning to the Dolphins next season. Hopefully Flores finally gets it right in the hiring of an OC because there will be no consistency on offense for the Dolphins until they find an OC who can build an offense around Tua and that OC stays around for more than one season.
You basically rehashed my post with a Tua slant...

Why?

This is the same Parker that eggheads have all these new age stats saying he doesn't get separation
And for the record, this egghead using new age stats has made over 6 figures using sports analytics. Contrary to your belief, they can come quite handy.

Back
Top Bottom