Miami Dolphin OC’s: Its Not Them, It’s Us! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphin OC’s: Its Not Them, It’s Us!

And for the record, this egghead using new age stats has made over 6 figures using sports analytics. Contrary to your belief, they can come quite handy.
Are there any stats that can contrast the separation of Parker in 2019 to 2020?

If there isn't then say that and stop telling me what some egghead makes using sports analytics if it isn't you...and then it's even more irrelevant.

Parker has talent, inconsistent and oft injured

Willams has talent. Yet to see if he can stay healthy.

Gesicki like Waller is a WR without the Wstats.

running back? ‘Nuf send

there is talent but would the Chargers trade theirs for ours?

I really wouldn't be excited about an OC hired to teach Tua to be all he can be. I would much rather the OC be an innovative offensive genius that can work wonders with our entire offense not just one player. Building your offense just to support a specific QB is folly. I want our new OC to be able to drive down the field and score points with whatever 11 men we have playing offense on game day...

Y’a continue ignoring the facts and posting 1 year old videos without regarding the players health

and to your point when Williams and parler and gesicki were healthy.... tua did shine
You have a two-game sample when all three were healthy. The Rams game (no shine), the Cardinals game (shine). Separation or no separation, Tua had the same WRs that Fitzpatrick did.

Tua didn't get the playbook opened up because he wasn't ready for it. When it was opened up in the second half vs Buffalo, he only looked like he belonged starting in ONE drive, The opening drive after halftime. Guess who he focused on?

Parker....

Or what? Your panties will stay bunched?
Yeah...about as bunched as Tua's pass attempts this season so I would say they would be pretty bunched...like Guinness Book of World Records bunched.

Are there any stats that can contrast the separation of Parker in 2019 to 2020?

If there isn't then say that and stop telling me what some egghead makes using sports analytics if it isn't you...and then it's even more irrelevant.
Why don’t you go in your fact finding mission by yourself ? Probably because you have none

otherwise all you bring is just an opinion that’s not worth the paper it’s written on

Yeah...about as bunched as Tua's pass attempts this season so I would say they would be pretty bunched...like Guinness Book of World Records bunched.
tenor.gif

Why don’t you go in your fact finding mission by yourself ? Probably because you have none

otherwise all you bring is just an opinion that’s not worth the paper it’s written on
Yeah...like I thought.

Another professor of Google University.

At least try to validate your claims thoroughly enough to not be smacked out of the way by me asking you to substantiate your claim with more proof. If they had 2020 then they should have 2019. Where is it?

Parker ≠ Very little talent

Gesicki ≠ Very little talent

Williams (when healthy) ≠ Very little talent

The "Get Tua some weapons" excuse needs to stop.
Parker is good WHEN he is healthy. The problem is he just doesn’t seem to be able to stay healthy for an entire season. He is not a WR you can count on unfortunately.
‘Gesicki when he is good is very good. Yet there are just too many games in which he just disappears and that happens no matter who the QB is.
Williams is vastly overrated in my opinion. He drops too many balls right in his hands and I don’t see him as being better than a 5th or 6th WR on most NFL teams.

Except for Parker when he is healthy, Tua is surrounded by a bunch of lower tier WR’s and average TE’s. That is not an excuse for Tua, it is a fact. I have no idea if Tua will turn out to be a good NFL QB or not. Yet judging him based on the little talent he had to work with this past season is ridiculous.
‘The fact is Parker wasn’t healthy the last month of the season. Gesicki missed a game and we have no idea if his shoulder injury impacted his play late in the season. Overrated Willams once again missed most of the season on IR and the rest of the WR’s were either on the practice squad or inactive earlier in the season.

The fact Grant was forced to be the 2nd WR before he once again was injured says all that needs to be said about how bad the WR position was this past season. Grant is a decent return man in the NFL but he is a terrible WR who drops more balls than he catches.

Parker had a good 6 game stretch last year. That’s it. He’s a #2 wr that’s unreliable when it comes to staying on the field. If he wasn’t on this team next year it really wouldn’t hurt my feelings. Don’t feel he takes his job that serious to be honest. He doesn’t have the competitiveness in him that #1 receivers have.

he’s got 22 TDs in 6 seasons. That’s very replaceable

Parker is good WHEN he is healthy. The problem is he just doesn’t seem to be able to stay healthy for an entire season. He is not a WR you can count on unfortunately.
‘Gesicki when he is good is very good. Yet there are just too many games in which he just disappears and that happens no matter who the QB is.
Williams is vastly overrated in my opinion. He drops too many balls right in his hands and I don’t see him as being better than a 5th or 6th WR on most NFL teams.

Except for Parker when he is healthy, Tua is surrounded by a bunch of lower tier WR’s and average TE’s. That is not an excuse for Tua, it is a fact. I have no idea if Tua will turn out to be a good NFL QB or not. Yet judging him based on the little talent he had to work with this past season is ridiculous.
‘The fact is Parker wasn’t healthy the last month of the season. Gesicki missed a game and we have no idea if his shoulder injury impacted his play late in the season. Overrated Willams once again missed most of the season on IR and the rest of the WR’s were either on the practice squad or inactive earlier in the season.

The fact Grant was forced to be the 2nd WR before he once again was injured says all that needs to be said about how bad the WR position was this past season. Grant is a decent return man in the NFL but he is a terrible WR who drops more balls than he catches.
You can have your own opinion, but you can't have your own facts...

Whether Parker was injured 15 games and played one...is doesn't take away that Tua didn't utilize him correctly.

Williams...has a grade of incomplete, yet he is talented enough that he gets the same "growth & development" curve that Tua gets.

Gesicki is talented...Tua didn't know how to use him either.

You heard a rumor about Grant being the 2nd WR?

Yeah right....

When the list of OC candidates hit the internet a few days ago, a lot of Dolphin fans were underwhelmed by the names they were seeing. That surprised me as I’m actually pretty excited for a couple of the names on the list.
That, coupled with the news that Bills OC Brian Dabboll is poised to become the new Charger HC has me strolling down memory lane in regards to OC’s who have flamed out in Miami only to go on and have success elsewhere.

Dabboll was Dolphin’s OC for 1 season back in 2011 and the results were pretty awful. In fact, I’ve always felt like he was one of the worst OC’s to ever come through Miami. We were a 6-10 football team that managed to score 30 points or more in 4 of our games while the team failed to score at least 20 points in 9 games that season. Now to be fair, that was 9 years ago and Dabboll has obviously grown as a coach while studying under some pretty brilliant football minds- Nick Saban just to name 1, since departing Miami. That being said. I think Dabboll serves as a good example as to why Miami has struggled to put together above average Offenses on a consistent basis for a very long time.

When looking back at our OC’s in the post Shula era, Miami has struggled to have any sort of continuity at OC & QB, and so far into Brian Flores’ tenure, it seems to be the one thing Flores hasn’t been able to figure out yet. Now, for the first time in a very long time, Miami invested a Top 5 draft pick in a player who is supposed to be our franchise QB of the future and that makes this next OC hire HUGE if Miami hopes to buck the trend that has plagued this franchise for over two decades.

Without knowing what went on behind the scenes in Flores’ first year with O’Shae at OC, it’s hard to know why he was 1-and-done. Miami was starting to see better Offensive output as the season wore on with a roster that lacked any semblance of a talent on Offense. Chan Gailey was chosen as his replacement and the results were easily predicted: Another year of underwhelming production and Miami sitting in an all too familiar situation in which year 3 of the Brian Flores era will yield a 3rd OC.

Flores absolutely has to get this hire right. The development of our potential franchise QB hangs in the balance. Another 1-and-done OC will lead to Tua’s 3rd OC in his first 3 years and will almost assuredly mean that more seeds of doubt will be planted as to Tua not being the guy and the cycle that has grown extremely tiresome for Dolphin fans will yet again reset itself.

Now, if and when Flores hires the right guy, Dolphin fans (and coach Flores) need to show some patience. If the draft and FA go the way most of us think it will, Miami will have improved the skill positions, as well as having a 2nd year QB playing behind a young offensive line that has 3 promising players also entering their 2nd year. At that point, the most important thing Flores can give his offensive players and staff is CONTINUITY. Miami has finally put themselves in a position in which a talented core of youngsters can grow in an offensive system that isn’t changing every year. Anything less than that will lead us right back to where we always seem to be- looking to hit the reset button yet again.

Brilliant post. I wouldn’t made promoting from within to give Tua continuity providing we either hire an experienced QB coach or an assistant HC who’s had experience developing a QB

So he gets his 3rd OC in 3 years. That isn't good, no matter how you slice it. If anything it makes the Gailey hiring even more head scratching.

So far Coach Flores has earned at least a meh on QB decisions and flat-out trash in a consistent system for the offense. He better nail this next choice, because his job will depend on it. Can't have Tua going through 3 different systems in 3 years at Coaches current rate.
I agree this is critical to the teams success in the short and long term. Hopefully he gets this hire right. But I do think Flo's impact thus far has bought him more time with Ross. He would have to completely $hit the bed in the next two years to be fired.

Back
Top Bottom