Miami Dolphin OC’s: Its Not Them, It’s Us! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphin OC’s: Its Not Them, It’s Us!

Parker ≠ Very little talent

Gesicki ≠ Very little talent

Williams (when healthy) ≠ Very little talent

The "Get Tua some weapons" excuse needs to stop.

Well when Tua had Parker, Gesicki, and Williams healthy, he gave us results like we saw in the Arizona game. Problem is, Williams has shown thus far that he absolutely can not stay healthy and the same can pretty much be said about Devante “Questionable With a Hamstring” Parker. And regardless of who our QB is, to try and make the argument that this team already has the necessary amount of skill position play makers is a bullshit argument any way you slice it.

It doesn’t take a genius to see that anybody trying to write the book on Tua after 9 games during a season in which 3 rookies started on the O-line, injuries/covid played hell on our already below average skill positions, and the OC came out and admitted more than once that teams were showing Tua Defensive looks that our coaching staff failed to prepare him for obviously has an agenda.

I’m not a pro-Tua or anti-Tua guy. I’m pro Dolphins. I’m excited to see Miami use their 2020 draft capital in surrounding our starting QB with more weapons so we can get an accurate idea on just how good Tua is or isn’t. Anybody who’s claiming to know one way or the other at this point is simply talking out of their ass.

Well when Tua had Parker, Gesicki, and Williams healthy, he gave us results like we saw in the Arizona game. Problem is, Williams has shown thus far that he absolutely can not stay healthy and the same can pretty much be said about Devante “Questionable With a Hamstring” Parker. And regardless of who our QB is, to try and make the argument that this team already has the necessary amount of skill position play makers is a bullshit argument any way you slice it.

It doesn’t take a genius to see that anybody trying to write the book on Tua after 9 games during a season in which 3 rookies started on the O-line, injuries/covid played hell on our already below average skill positions, and the OC came out and admitted more than once that teams were showing Tua Defensive looks that our coaching staff failed to prepare him for obviously has an agenda.

I’m not a pro-Tua or anti-Tua guy. I’m pro Dolphins. I’m excited to see Miami use their 2020 draft capital in surrounding our starting QB with more weapons so we can get an accurate idea on just how good Tua is or isn’t. Anybody who’s claiming to know one way or the other at this point is simply talking out of their ***.

You say the Arizona game without mentioning the Rams game. He played with all 3 that game as well.

Didn't crack 100 yards.

You say the Arizona game without mentioning the Rams game. He played with all 3 that game as well.

Didn't crack 100 yards.
His first start? The one where we got off to such a huge lead that Gailey played conservative the rest of the game?

Just stop man. You're embarrassing yourself.

His first start? The one where we got off to such a huge lead that Gailey played conservative the rest of the game?

Just stop man. You're embarrassing yourself.
Conservative...

In the NFL all QBs should be able to crack 100 yards passing for a game...every game.

While I understand what you are saying, that's complete generalisation.

I don't understand why ppl think a new OC is going to change philosophy.

Everyone, including Flo wants someone creative, and innovative to get the best out of the individual players, but it is still the HCs prerogative to set the "tone" as he sees fit.

Nobody is going to come in and tell coach what to do.
Not so much philosophy, as new ideas brought into the coaching room, on how to help Tua succeed, how to get the running game started, and be more consistent, how to get the line to actually succeed.

Just a slight tweak here and there at times will makes a world of difference. If you hire within, you continue to go with how you looked the prior year.

Coach Flo does not seem to me to be a "my way or the highway" type dictator. He will listen, and then make a decisiom...having good information from someone that is innovative helps the team more.

I thought DaBoll did a decent job with the tools given when he was here in Miami. I liked the design of the plays but we never had the time for the play action, fake screen right, real screen left kind of plus to develop. It wasn’t right for where we were at the time and he didn’t adjust to a simpler style of plays. But I liked him.

As far as the new list, I agree I’d like to have so many good names that we don’t consider in-house hires. But it’s just not in the cards this year.

I think someone like McDaniel or Canada would be good for us, even though it might mean that we haven’t changed our offensive philosophy very much.

I think the reason is Coach Flo has a plan for how the offense should compliment the defense. It might work but it makes me nervous that our guy won’t be the innovative young game changer that you see getting all the HC interviews. But maybe that’s part of the reason we want this type of Coach?
Well too bad since those two are getting promoted to OC’s for their teams

Well too bad since those two are getting promoted to OC’s for their teams
That’s a real bummer man. I’m legitimately saddened by that one. Maybe there wasn’t an opportunity to offer the job because those guys knew the promotion was coming but part of me wishes we would have made the offer before today. Maybe we tried... ****

Not when the coach tells him not to throw downfield.

Or is he just supposed to say "**** you coach, ima sling the rock wherever I want!"
This guy is a Tua hater numero uno. He probably was a Tannehill fan. They keep saying Tua supporters yet they are the ones instigating.

Mike Kafka, Shane Steichen, Graham Harrell, Pep Hamilton, ?
? Are we even interviewing?

This guy is a Tua hater numero uno. He probably was a Tannehill fan. They keep saying Tua supporters yet they are the ones instigating.
Sometimes it's best to shut up and have people wonder if you're truly a fool as opposed to opening your mouth and removing all doubt.

This guy says I was probably a Tannehill fan... :shoo:

You new fish have a lot to learn. Luckily you have 99.999999999999999999999999999999% of the board taking 5mg of amlodipine anytime someone has an opinion different than the herd...

For the record, you should take the time to cross-reference my name and INTannehill to see my position on him. Then you can be a proper Joe Budinski.

Daboll sucked for us and he still sucks. The NFL allows coordinators to fail forward fast due to so much turnover at the HC level. The Bills offense was successful this year but we all saw the games - had nothing to do with the OC.

Back
Top Bottom