Miami Dolphins ---1st Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins ---1st Draft

JWA

Rookie
Reaction score
I titled this 1st draft as I will be posting a 2nd draft, after comp picks are announced and a final draft a little closer to the actual draft. There will be no trade downs in my mocks, even though I do hope we trade down and acquire more picks. I see the needs on the team as QB,WR, OT, DL, Pass Rusher and safety.

1. Melvin Ingram --- DE/OLB --- South Carolina: Non stop motor, makes big plays. Very soon players will want to come to Miami for the pleasure of playing with this guy. I saw this young man on the NFL Network proclaiming that he models his game after Ray Lewis, enough said.

2. Mohamed Sanu --- WR --- Rutgers: Not a burner but has excellent size, good hands and loves to block. Could be picked ahead of us by Tampa Bay as his college coach is now coaching the Bucs. Would love me some Fleener or Weeden here but I think they will be picked late Rd1

3A. Kirk Cousins --- QB --- Michigan State --- This guy kind of grows on you after a while. Is intelligent and tough. Not the strongest arm, but is accurate. Good leadership skills. Would look to Nick Foles in rd5 if Cousins goes in rd2.

3B. Brandon Mosley --- OT --- Auburn: Slight reach here. Hasn't played the position that long, having started out as a defensive end. Has great intangibles. Will get better with the proper coaching. May choose Bobby Massie if he falls this far.

4. Joe Adams --- WR --- Arkansas: Has some durability issues which lead me to believe he will be available in rd4. Dynamic speedster who will improve return game. This pick is more difficult if Malik Jackson is available at this spot.

5. Harrison Smith --- Safety --- Notre Dame: Is better against the run than the pass. Is durable, coachable and could contribute on special teams.

6. Danny Trevathan --- OLB --- Kentucky: Tackling machine who was one of SEC's best linebackers. A team leader who can contribute on special teams.

7. Chris Marve --- ILB --- Vanderbilt: Another tackling machine from the SEC. These last two pick will be upgrades from Spitler, Trusnik and Alama-Francis and could eventually become more than just special teams contributers.

I am open to constructive criticism as I will be revising this twice.

Chris Marve retired from football to go work for a lawfirm. He's not interested in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom