Miami Dolphins 2016 Nfl Draft Retrospective

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DKphin, Jun 24, 2019.

1. DKphin

DKphin FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Retrospective Grade
    Re-grading the 2016 Dolphins draft is easy. Miami definitely hit on some very good contributing players. Laremy Tunsil is a steal at 13th overall and Xavien Howard is a Pro-Bowl corner. The two of them alone would give this draft class an “A” grade. However, the Dolphins also hit strongly on Kenyan Drake and Jakeem Grant as well. Both are starters at their position and both make big impacts on the Dolphins offense.

2019 RETROSPECTIVE

GRADE:A

https://fansided.com/2019/06/24/miami-dolphins-2016-nfl-draft-retrospective/

BIGTom- and kevphin like this.
  2. Birdmond

Birdmond FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Yeah It is definitely one of the better drafts in recent memory.

SF Dolphin Fan and rickd13 like this.
  3. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

Definitely a good draft if you hit on the first 2

4. jazz015

jazz015 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

A-, that Leone carroo trade and all. Still can't co.plain about the rest

rickd13 likes this.
  5. djphinfan

djphinfan Perennial All-Pro

Def a damn good draft..

6. BigNastyFish

BigNastyFish A True Fan Donator

The Carroo booboo still hurts because we burned a lot of draft picks
    in classic TBum fashion... 2 ALLPros at the top is great tho...

7. phintim

phintim Seasoned Veteran

We went into the 2016 draft ,thanks to our former GM Ireland,with a ton of ammo just like we will in next years draft after churning the 20!15 roster. We traded a former 1st round future all pro cb for a 2nd round pick from Indy, plus in fa got a 3rd round pick for OV and a 5th round pick for Miller both productive starters.

While I am happy we have Tunsil, X, Drake and Grant it really was some addition from subtraction in this draft. That really never gets you ahead in the long run if you ever want a great club.

The following year's draft Harris, McMillian and Tank looks poor so far outside of the 2 DTs in Taylor and Daveon.

Sure hope Grier and Florres do better than the past combo of Grier and Gase.

SF Dolphin Fan likes this.
  8. McMichael

McMichael Seasoned Veteran

So the Carroo trade WAS t-baums idea but the top two picks weren't. got it. trying to keep track here

9. Hargitt01

Hargitt01 Scout Team

Grier kept his job for some reason..... I'm sure some of it has to do with picks or trades he wasn't on board with. Or not at all and Ross is still a moron.

10. Mach2

Mach2 A True Fan

It is tough to determine what the reality is here.

Ross SEEMS to have come around to the fact that something had to change, namely Tbum.

I like virtually everything Grier has done since Gase got the preverbial axe.

That being said, the proof will be in the product we put on the field in the 20-21 season.

Seems a long way off, no?

11. Hargitt01

Hargitt01 Scout Team

Ive been very happy with the whole lot of moves made since Grier has been on his own as gm. Thought the trade back in the 2nd round then trading for Rosen was beyond savvy. Also not pursuing any big name free agents and cutting alot of fat off the roster. Cap space and a barrel of draft picks going into 2020 is reason for future optimism. You have to think if we ran status quo from 2018 into this season we would not have the assets we have collected this off season. Just my opinion. But absolutely you aren't far off. There is alot of reasons to be reluctantly optimistic. I only say reluctantly as ive been burned so many times when we've seen change/ turnover within the organization.

Side note, we're not tanking right? Seems the collective thought across the board is we are not hot dogging this season. In a hypothetical situation that we are tanking, wouldn't it be so Dolphins to WIN???? Can't get that thought out of my mind. This must be what hell or purgatory is like.