Miami Dolphins 2018 Coaching Staff Hires | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins 2018 Coaching Staff Hires

That's a good collection of talent for a first time head coach late in the coaching carousel cycle. There is a nice mix of some guys who are tested and some who are unknowns. But to attract that many coaches this late in the process and pull so many away from a Super Bowl winning job is impressive. So impressive it can teach them to BLOCK, and it blows your mind, and it sells itself, and it blows your head off, and it breaks through walls, and makes body parts talk, and will knock you out if you disrespect it, and it can turn off the sun, and it is all that and a bag of chips, and it can ride a tiger, and even get small (smaller than Lil'Pep!). This looks like a job that requires … puh, puh .. Puh ... puh .. puh, puh … POWER!

Hm Boyer was a no go last week. Not bad hire
Yeah I'm surprised as I thought Belichicks rule was for not hiring any current assistants. Suppose he is more lenient knowing that he could be out anytime. Plus the energy around mcdaniels is not very positive

It looks like the there is a well defined structure that ties in coordinators with their assistants and allocating some of those assistants additional coaching responsibilities. I'm looking forward to getting the entire structure mapped out to see what this coaching system will look like.

Because some of the individuals from last years staff are being held over tells me our new head coach is selecting the best coaching personnel he can find, as opposed to just throwing the baby out with the bath water. I think this is a positive for our new coach.

Of course there are NO certainties in the "real world," but there are definitely tendencies and probabilities...

That said, the rather obvious "instant staff credibility" that Grier/Flores have been able assimilate so far

speaks rather highly of the perceived competence of our dynamic duo. Based on my prescription of

building a winning program -- the coaching staff composition is #1 right now in terms of defining

our future performance upside -- based on the simple equation of competence + strategic plan = success.

Right. NO guarantees. But I really like the "vibe" and more important the quality of the composition

being assembled.

***If ??? what I'm stating is accurate in terms of valuation -- then I'd say Chris Grier has

ALREADY made a significant (_positive_) difference to the future of this franchise...

And if ??? that's true -- then at last Ross has made a good decision from top down...

But yea. Time will tell.

And as an "older" fan I reserve the right to alter my opinion as the real product on the field

develops. But yo -- you have a 100% pass IMO regarding 2019. As long as we see "competence"

I'm totally OK with taking some lumps to get where we want to be.

GO MY YAMMIE!!!!

:)

BNF

IMO

Good
OShea
Boyer
Studesville
Ogden

Optimistic
Graham
Flaherty
Hobby
Schumplinski
Caldwell
Godsey

Indifferent
Dorrell
Leonard

Trending Down
Crossman
I would agree with that, but in reality there's a lot of projection here, so I'm giving all of them the benefit of the doubt. If we're tanking in year 1, then I'm expecting to see a lot of emphasis on the fundamentals, teaching, and gambling to develop high-ceiling prospects. Low bar for me in year 1, but critical analysis returns in year 2.

I would agree with that, but in reality there's a lot of projection here, so I'm giving all of them the benefit of the doubt. If we're tanking in year 1, then I'm expecting to see a lot of emphasis on the fundamentals, teaching, and gambling to develop high-ceiling prospects. Low bar for me in year 1, but critical analysis returns in year 2.
If anything you should see players improve the first year. Next year is the long haul, but after 8 weeks I want to be able to see some of the young talent play good football. Guys like Charles Harris are not going to get another year to prove they got it. I don't expect us to win much but I want to see individual performance improve week to week. I'll be interested to see that 2nd half of the season

I don't know much about Marion Hobby, our new Defensive Line coach. What is his background? What success has he had to date?

I don't know much about Marion Hobby, our new Defensive Line coach. What is his background? What success has he had to date?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marion_Hobby

As player:
* Offseason and/or practice squad member only
As coach:

Back
Top Bottom