Miami Dolphins 2020 training camp preview: Eric Rowe | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins 2020 training camp preview: Eric Rowe

Idk, I feel like Jones will get more of McCain's snaps..

I feel like Rowe is more of a "ss" type, but more so a TE matchup piece.
I didn’t realize he played FS, I had to read some more, found this info. I thought he was a slot/SS guy only.

Per Pro Football Focus, Jones played 285 snaps last year at free safety and 154 in the box. His most frequent position was in the slot with 371 snaps. In total, over a three-year career, Jones played 2,333 snaps for the Longhorns with 1,285 of those plays coming in pass coverage.
Jones made 198 tackles in his three seasons as a starter at Texas. Last year, he intercepted two passes and broke up seven others. He made 4.5 tackles for a loss last year with one sack and a forced fumble.

I think Miami is going to use Jones as a slot guy early but eventually he will be a starting S.

You have to understand that Miami is going to rarely be in a traditional 2 CB's, 2 S alignment.

Most of the time there will be 5+ DB's on the field in who knows how many combinations and packages.

IMO there really isn’t a “traditional” FS/SS role in our defensive scheme. We will use guys like McCain, Rowe and Jones as hybrid players. I would expect to see Rowe in man coverage on TEs and Jones/McCain in the slot, covering RBs or double teaming key players with another DB.

IMO there really isn’t a “traditional” FS/SS role in our defensive scheme. We will use guys like McCain, Rowe and Jones as hybrid players. I would expect to see Rowe in man coverage on TEs and Jones/McCain in the slot, covering RBs or double teaming key players with another DB.
Pretty much how I see it too

I wouldnt be surrpised to see some packages with 1 or 2 LBs and then Rowe on a TE, with 2 safeties back there too

Back
Top Bottom