Miami Dolphins 2022 Starting OL may have been revealed | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins 2022 Starting OL may have been revealed

No doubt. Likely the same attributes that made him such a highly rated rookie prospect. The problem with Jackson is he's failed to deliver on it at NFL level. At some point a player needs to covert promise to results.

Agree completely. Because AJ is seen by multiple coaches as starting caliber, I'm beginning to think his problem is technique or mental quickness or both. We know Mcd's staff has watched game tape of AJ and seen him live. I hope they can get him to perform to talent.

AJ would have to be TERRIBLE/HURT for Kindley to get a spot on the OL ahead of him.

I just don't see that happening at all.
For AJ to be terrible he would have to make some significant improvements. Kindley's grade when on the field were light years better than AJ. So many are looking at AJ's first few games before everyone figured out what most knew coming out of college. Cross his face and you have a free shot on the QB. AJ is a poor man's Dallas Thomas, all potential because of above average athleticism but not able to process quick enough. This is not fixable, but because of his draft position he will continue to be thrust into a position he can't handle. All the best coaches in the world can't fix him. He might be the coolest dude on planet earth but there are a lot of nice people who aren't good enough to play NFL football, and Jackson is one of them. The longer they waste time trying to get something out of him the fewer reps a starter will get there and the better chance Tua will finish the season on IR.

I really liked our right side of Kindley and Hunt two seasons ago. Kindley is a powerful run blocker, but I'm not sure he has the ideal movement ability for the new system. Now my understanding is that he lost weight after nearly eating himself out of the league last year so maybe he's got better movement than we've seen. I also don't agree with those who think Hunt is better at G than RT. IMO it was at worst a wash and he might even be slightly better at RT.

One guy rarely mentioned is Robert Jones. UDFA last year and a very raw recruit (only 20 total college games). Had the one start in week 18 and did a serviceable job. Surely there's some upside there.

Yeah I mean coaches probably ignored him too which is why he was solid while the rest of our starters declined from previous years after listening to coaches

I think Jones has shown enough to get the first look as our top OT backup, but the scheme change could change that. Also, anyone writing off Kindley at RG is making a mistake. He may be really good in this new zone scheme. I wouldn't mind seeing him win RG if we moved Hunt to RT. That would be a really good side to run the football to, which would allow us more Leftside roll out room. It would definitely be our most physical OL possible.
LT - Armstead
LG - Eich
C - C. Williams
RG - Kindley
RT - Hunt

What a completely mean and nasty OL this would give us!
View attachment 114476
I was impressed with Rob Jones in the limited time he played. He did a pretty good job game 17 against the Pats. As MM wasn’t around when Jax was drafted, I’ll wager they will give RT options serious time.

There may be something interesting with the OL weight. https://www.miamidolphins.com/team/players-roster/

Robert Hunt and Robert Jones are closer to Kindley's weight at 335 & 334. The projected left side of the line is light with Armstead and Eich weighing a little over 300 lbs. The centers are over 315 and the RT may be a 320 lb position AJ at that weight and Greg Little at 322.

The rest of the lineman are lighter.

Weight at the Combines
Robert Hunt 323
Austin Jackson 322
Robert Jones 319
Connor Williams 296
Greg Little 310

IF Eichenberg and Jackson can play anywhere near their draft positions then this will be a playoff team that will be a handful in January.

My only real concern is with the offensive line.Should it play reasonably well(I am not expecting them to be great)then Tua will get to show everyone what he can do and this team will score lots of points.

With what could be a Top 10 Defense(or pretty close)this team could present real challenges to the top of the AFC.

For a guy with his size and athletic ability, I'm surprised how bad Ajax is against Bull Rushers. Even smaller pass rushers beat the heck out of him play after play. He always loses physical battles. On top of that, he loses them quickly. That is why you see whoever is over him on D is bull rush almost every play every game. The only times they don't are on twists.
I'm hoping that was more of the Cable technique they were using where the lineman had one of their arms out and chest exposed. I can think of nothing worse than leaving your chest open to a bull rush.....

Not that our FO considers Center a very important decision, so who needs to even mention this. But since some may think a backup OL man might be important down the line, there's this news....

Barry Jackson

@flasportsbuzz

Follow
Media portion of Dolphins practice just ended. Michael Deiter, who missed 9 games with foot injury last year, in walking boot, so backup center potentially a concern."

(looks like its time to sign another DB or WR, lol )

And here you have final confirmation Eich is our OG
1659117208389.png

1659117310003.png

Kindley is a great run blocker and he's got a quickness out of his stance. He may be a better fit in this scheme than you think. Zone schemes aren't just about being athletic and fast. Especially inside where they tend to be covered most the time.

Zone schemes, as I understand, are more about being fluid & nimble

Zone schemes, as I understand, are more about being fluid & nimble
LOL…So is playing in the NFL. As I stated in a previous post, Kindley has no problem with quickness out of stance or in the box with his blocking.
Watch the film I posted from his rookie year he may have had the fastest first step on the OL.

LOL…So is playing in the NFL. As I stated in a previous post, Kindley has no problem with quickness out of stance or in the box with his blocking.
Watch the film I posted from his rookie year he may have had the fastest first step on the OL.

My dad coached HS football (early in his career).

I recall him saying (later when I was a teenager) when watching football; Guards have to have great short range quickness.

Back
Top Bottom