Miami Dolphins 2022 Starting OL may have been revealed | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins 2022 Starting OL may have been revealed

My dad coached HS football (early in his career).

I recall him saying (later when I was a teenager) when watching football; Guards have to have great short range quickness.
Yes! Coaches like OG's to be fast out of their stance and the good ones often practice explosion techniques. Anticipation of the snap count is a big part of it but so is working to developing a quick first step. Kindley definitely has that and is a mauler inside. He does have weakness in his game too though, and in his eating habits / conditioning. He's a keeper as an OL and has great combat skills inside. Despite his being a massive human in terms of thickness, dude has quickness and the film shows it.

We are paper thin when Armstead eventually misses time. Pray the coaches can make chicken salad out of chicken ****.

More Solomon Kindley.

Film Doesn't lie.

Last edited:
Kindley is a great run blocker and he's got a quickness out of his stance. He may be a better fit in this scheme than you think. Zone schemes aren't just about being athletic and fast. Especially inside where they tend to be covered most the time.

Plus he can swallow a rushing DE whole

if Eich can settle in, and the preliminary feedback has been positive, then left side of the line and center seem solidified. Who cares if he was drafted as a RT, looks like he may have found a home, and between 2 proven vets and mentors. In fact, the RG position too can be locked down by Hunt. A line with Armatead, Eich, Williams, Hunt is promising…

The wildcard is the RT position. If AJ can man down the fort, and he has all the potential to do so, this OL can take us places. In fact, this team will go as far as the OL can take it.

Now, if there is the slightest bit of reservation, after TC and preseason, that AJ isn’t the man for the job, which is guarding Tua’s blindside, maybe see what Little can do (although I like him better as a swing T), I’d throw Hunt back out there for the season and have the rest (hopefully Kindley can be resurrected) battle for the RG spot. Hunts best position is RG, so it’d be a double whammy playing him at RT, but I’d play it out like that for the season and draft a RT with 1b or 2 next year.

Back
Top Bottom