Miami Dolphins' Albert Wilson looks good: 'Nothing I can't do now' | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins' Albert Wilson looks good: 'Nothing I can't do now'

I think the rule added last season allowing 2 ps players to be active on game day is really going to change how teams handle the tradition 53 man roster. For example, I wouldn't be shocked if Miami only carried 3 rbs on the 53 man roster and then went with Doaks and someone else as the 4th back on the ps. The same with the oline. Where teams once carried a 9th developmental offensive lineman on the final roster, Miami might just go with 8 on the 53 and then have a few on the ps in case of emergency.

Lol I don’t know if I’d use health as a reason to keep Wilson over someone else
I would keep Wilson over Bowden and Williams no matter if both of them are 100% healthy next season. I think he is better than either of them. My comments regarding Williams were in regards to him even being kept as the 6th WR on the roster because of his injury history. . I think Hurns is better than Williams but I just figure they will keep Williams as the 6th WR because he is cheaper than Hurns, even if he isn’t better.

I would keep Wilson over Bowden and Williams no matter if both of them are 100% healthy next season. I think he is better than either of them. My comments regarding Williams were in regards to him even being kept as the 6th WR on the roster because of his injury history. . I think Hurns is better than Williams but I just figure they will keep Williams as the 6th WR because he is cheaper than Hurns, even if he isn’t better.

I'm not going to make a list of final 6. I do want to point out a factor I'm not seeing mentioned - variability of skills. No team wants 6 DVPs. No team wants 6 Grants. Every team has a variety of receivers. I can see Fuller, Wilson, Fuller, but I expect to see 1 (likely 2) in the DVP mold. I have no idea if Flo sees MG in that role or not. I expect one WR kept for ST, excluding PR/KR. Bottom line, I'm quite happy there is enough talent to make these decisions difficult.

oh really? He did it once so he could do it again, no?
I guess you are worried about Holland opting out too. Because he didn’t play for Oregon last year after opting out because of the virus. I really don’t understand anyone questioning why some players opted out last year. Perhaps caring more about members of their own families and their health was more important than playing a game to these players.

I commend players like Wilson and Hurns for putting their own health and the health of their family members first last season. Especially when it meant they went without a weekly paycheck while opting out of the season.

Last edited:
I'm not going to make a list of final 6. I do want to point out a factor I'm not seeing mentioned - variability of skills. No team wants 6 DVPs. No team wants 6 Grants. Every team has a variety of receivers. I can see Fuller, Wilson, Fuller, but I expect to see 1 (likely 2) in the DVP mold. I have no idea if Flo sees MG in that role or not. I expect one WR kept for ST, excluding PR/KR. Bottom line, I'm quite happy there is enough talent to make these decisions difficult.
I think Hurns fits into the DVP mold along with several of the other WR’s. Hollins and Foster are both similar in size and speed to DVP, Williams and Hurns but I don’t think either of them are as good as DVP, Hurns, or a healthy Williams at this time.

I think Fuller will start at one outside position, along with DVP at the other outside position. Waddle will likely split the slot position with Wilson and the four of them will most likely be on the field when they go to a 4 WR formation. I could see Williams replacing Waddle or Wilson once the offense gets close to the opposing teams goal line.

I really don’t see Bowden playing much at WR in 2021 unless the Dolphins once again have a number of injuries at the WR position. They may use him to run some patterns out of the backfield but I don’t see him playing the slot position with Waddle and Wilson in front of him.

I'd be looking to trade him... We're loaded at the position and youth rules.
I like the way you think but he makes next to nothing and won't save us money to move him. I would like to know more about Parker's cap hit. I think we could get the most for him and Preston and even Hurns are similar players who cost much less. I can see Parker being moved who would save us $ and would get us a bigger return. I would trade Parker (who I like but) for a good RB. Maybe send him to GB for AJ Dillon, or to the Browns for Hunt.

I guess you are worried about Holland opting out too. Because he didn’t play for Oregon last year after opting out because of the virus. I really don’t understand anyone questioning why some players opted out last year. Perhaps caring more about members of their own families and their health was more important than playing a game to these players.

I commend players like Wilson and Hurns for putting their own health and the health of their family members first last season. Especially when it meant they went without a weekly paycheck while opting out of the season.
I didn't question anything. All I said was he could do it again which is his right. Don't throw words out there that haven't been said.

As I've speculated previously, Maybe they bring in 2 similar players i.e. Ogbah & Lawson last yr. The one who performs better stays.

Maybe, this yr the competition is a 3 way between Wilson, Fuller, & Grant?
Fuller is in no competition

I've got him taking Fege's spot on the team. He didn't really play safety. You've got room for a couple of these... and their designation in the program is usually fanciful.
I hope he takes his spot. He was bad on the field when he was forced into action last year

I think the rule added last season allowing 2 ps players to be active on game day is really going to change how teams handle the tradition 53 man roster. For example, I wouldn't be shocked if Miami only carried 3 rbs on the 53 man roster and then went with Doaks and someone else as the 4th back on the ps. The same with the oline. Where teams once carried a 9th developmental offensive lineman on the final roster, Miami might just go with 8 on the 53 and then have a few on the ps in case of emergency.
Very wise you are

good call

I think Hurns fits into the DVP mold along with several of the other WR’s. Hollins and Foster are both similar in size and speed to DVP, Williams and Hurns but I don’t think either of them are as good as DVP, Hurns, or a healthy Williams at this time.

I think Fuller will start at one outside position, along with DVP at the other outside position. Waddle will likely split the slot position with Wilson and the four of them will most likely be on the field when they go to a 4 WR formation. I could see Williams replacing Waddle or Wilson once the offense gets close to the opposing teams goal line.

I really don’t see Bowden playing much at WR in 2021 unless the Dolphins once again have a number of injuries at the WR position. They may use him to run some patterns out of the backfield but I don’t see him playing the slot position with Waddle and Wilson in front of him.
Sounds reasonable overall.

I would point out that MG likely takes a noteworthy number of snaps from the slot area as well. Let's face it, that's where he really creates seam mismatches the most/best.

I think a lot is going to be week to week. They will have different approaches, depending on the opponent.

I did say maybe.

My primary caveat is... I can only guess what Flores & Grier are using to compose the roster from yr to yr
Right… but Fuller will be a starter opposite Parker on the outside I assume.. especially given his contract whereas Wilson and Grant and more slot guys with speed

Back
Top Bottom