"Miami Dolphins: Back with a VENGEANCE!" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Miami Dolphins: Back with a VENGEANCE!"

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I'm gettin excited cuz I dont think this is the same team that got complacent in 2002. This is a team that had a wakeup call. Tampa Bay had a wakeup call.

Unfortunately this D just doesn't have the same ****iness that Tampa's D had. They always seem happy enough to be "one of the best" and dont seem to always make that effort to be the hands down, best.

Before last year, Tampa was consistently in the top 10 defenses of the NFL about 4-5 years prior to last year.. Last year was the first time their defenses ranked #1 overall statistically and I believe that was because of the defenses renewed confidence in the offenses ability when Gruden arrived there.. I see Miami making great strides on defense in the sense of making stops when needed and forcing turnovers when they need to because the defense now knows that our offense will put up points.. I believe thats what it comes down to.. Tampa's ****iness on defense grew as the season went on and were able to sustain that confidence throughout the playoffs and thats what won it for them (As well as Gruden knowing the entire Oakland offense).. I see the same happpening with Miami.. By Week 10, Miami will be a dominant defense.. Thats just the way I see it...

HOORAH:drinker:

Tampa could be 3 and 13 and they'd still be ****y ;).

Actually, they were..heh..

It's going to be interesting to see if Sapp returns to Tampa after his contract is up.

Maybe he'll come to Miami like everyone else ;\.

Tampa's D and the Dolphins D are apples and oranges.

Tampa over a 4 year period would start of bad with a 4-4 or 5-5 record, and then end the season with a 6-0 or 5-1 run to sneak into the playoffs.

MIAMI ON THE OTHER HAND, woudl start of 10-3, or 8-2 and end the season 2-4, or 3-3.

Miami had guys like Sapp, Lynch, and Brooks to pump up the defense. But what got them over the edge was Gruden.

You guys now have Seau and possibly Knight, but its funny because the Chargers and Saints are just like the Phins and start off well and end the season weak.

They will bring heart, but I am pretty sure you need a new coach before you can take it to the next level.

Back
Top Bottom