Miami Dolphins Believe They Could Have Three Rbs Who Can Play All Three Downs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Believe They Could Have Three Rbs Who Can Play All Three Downs

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score

Dolphins running back coach Eric Studesville and Dolphins running back Kenyan Drake speak to the media during Dolphins OTAs. (Miami Herald)

DAVIE — The Dolphins are entering the home stretch of their offseason workouts, days away from R&R, but already, a common thread is emanating from the training facility that could have a major impact on what we see this fall.

Kenyan Drake will be the featured back, veteran Frank Gore is the No. 2 man and behind them is Kalen Ballage, a fourth-round pick out of Arizona State. No news flash there. But put your ear to the ground and you’ll recognize a theme developing that can be labeled this way:

Three backs, three downs.

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...-have-three-rbs-who-can-play-all-three-downs/

I agree. I think all three could be starters on other teams.

Quite a reach on Ballage as a starter for another team, but as far as the skill sets go...I am seeing a fufilled vision here when Gase menitoned he wants RBs that can do a multitude of things.

Options, mismatches, confusion, tempo....could this be the year we see it?

All 3 guys can do it all. The challenge will be to use all 3 guys the right way. No reason to run either of them into the ground but you need to give them enough touches to get them going. Gore is towards the end of his career so give him enough. Watch the carries for Drake and keep him fresh and give Ballage enough to see what he can do at this level. I expect to see plenty of Ballage in pre season games.

OTA talk.

Let's see how Drake and Ballage do with blitz pick up when the hitting begins.

Drake went from being a rather thin WR looking back in college to a true tailback in the NFL. He's put the work in the weight room for sure.

I can see them used on a team per team basis. Teams susceptible to speed and RB’s catching out of the backfield will see Drake/Gore. Teams susceptible to the power game will see Ballange/Gore

Said this in a couple other threads ... but I see the potential of a NO type scenario with our RBs, with Gore as Ingram and Drake as K-man .... with some overlap between them and sprinkle some Ballage in.

Our WRs are better than NOs ... so this offense has so MUCH potential .... we'll just have to wait and see how long it takes to realize it!!

This is all about the tempo and how the skill set fits the ask.

Rotating by the series and the package within it.

Cool they can do this and to our advantage if none all full time starters for different reasons

Back
Top Bottom