Miami Dolphins' Brian Flores Hires Jim Caldwell As Assistant Head Coach | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins' Brian Flores Hires Jim Caldwell As Assistant Head Coach

To answer my own question, Graham was the Packers LB coach and had been an assistant with the Pats before. The rest of the guys also seem to be former Pat coaches, including former WR coach Chad O'Shea, our new OC. Whatever. My expectations are not high, anyway. And I'm still happy we're rid of Tannebaum. That alone will go a long way for me this year.

To answer my own question, Graham was the Packers LB coach and had been an assistant with the Pats before. The rest of the guys also seem to be former Pat coaches, including former WR coach Chad O'Shea, our new OC. Whatever. My expectations are not high, anyway. And I'm still happy we're rid of Tannebaum. That alone will go a long way for me this year.

To go more into detail Patrick Graham was the LB vosch for the Pat's for awhile and then coached 2 years as the Giants DL coach where he got good production. He then took a promotion with the Packers.

Josh Boyer had long been the CB coach for the Pats and has long been a guy counted on to get guys off the street ready to play.

Pat Flaherty was a long time assistant under Tom Coughlin and was recently the Jags OL coach. Pretty underrated hire as he has always had good units... minus this year where 8 OL finished the season on IR

Karl Dorrell was a long time assistant of Rich Nuehisel in college and was his OC at Colorado and Washington he won 2 Super Bowls as the WR coach for Denver and is a former UCLA coach. Since UCLA he had mostly been a WR coach around the league.

Marion Hobby was a long time Co DC and DL coach for the Clemson Tigers and was known for developing DL. He spent last 2 years with the Jags. Before going to Clemson he was the DE co as ch for the Saints and won a Super Bowl.

Chad O Shea is a long time WR coach for the Pat's who was long seen as the heir apparent to McDaniels. He left to get a promotion.

George Godsey has been an OC in the league as well as QB coach for Houston and Detroit. Got his start in New England as a TE coach.

Jeremy Schumplinski was the guy guy who worked mostly with the back ups for Tom Brady. Was well liked by the Pat's organization

Just like the last guy we had!
Heh, I have a higher opinion of Gase than most on this board, but he definitely seemed afraid to have veteran coaches on his staff. He lacked their experience and whether that was the problem or not … it couldn't hurt to have had a few experienced coaches. Regardless of how smart someone is … it just doesn't make sense to waste your time re-inventing the wheel all the time. That time could be better spent.

Back
Top Bottom