Miami Dolphins Budding Talent Capable Of Fireworks In 2019 (pfn Film Room) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Budding Talent Capable Of Fireworks In 2019 (pfn Film Room)

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Jakeem-Grant.jpg

Article Highlights

On the second day of July in 1776, Congress voted to declare independence from the British monarchy. Two days later, the thirteen American colonies were proclaimed free from England rule. For that reason, we celebrate. In honor of Independence Day, I look at six playmakers ahead of the 2019 season who’ll light up your screen like the sky on the Fourth of July. And because it’s also my birthday, they’re all Miami Dolphins players. Hey, it’s my party.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/miami-dolphins-capable-fireworks-2019/

I like it. Most folks peg us as a team completely devoid of talent. Not so. If we can manufacture a pass rush and our O-line plays decently, we're going have a solid team, IMO. I'm not saying we're a playoff team. But we'll be a team no one wants to play later in the season if their playoff hopes are on the line.

I like it. Most folks peg us as a team completely devoid of talent. Not so. If we can manufacture a pass rush and our O-line plays decently, we're going have a solid team, IMO. I'm not saying we're a playoff team. But we'll be a team no one wants to play later in the season if their playoff hopes are on the line.

I intensely disagree with "Most folks." There are some who seem to love the word 'devoid,' but 'most' people see a team with some talent and quite a few unknowns, including the talent of Flores and staff. I'm more optimistic for the last 8 games, but that's because the players will be more comfortable in the scheme and Flores will have a better idea of each player's talents.

That said, I think 'fireworks' is a little strong. Yes, the potential is there, but getting the pieces to form a whole will be difficult and take time. If Flores can get the fireworks THIS season, he will have convinced me he's the real thing.

Nice find DK.

I certainly don't see this team as "devoid of talent".

I see a very young team that has great potential, if we have the right guys running the show.

Yes, we are missing a few "key pieces", like consistent pass rushers, and a "franchise" QB.

We also are very short of depth across the board, and our O-line is a work in progress, but if our management uses our draft picks, and cap wisely, those things will be addressed in the near future.

I intensely disagree with "Most folks." There are some who seem to love the word 'devoid,' but 'most' people see a team with some talent and quite a few unknowns, including the talent of Flores and staff. I'm more optimistic for the last 8 games, but that's because the players will be more comfortable in the scheme and Flores will have a better idea of each player's talents.

That said, I think 'fireworks' is a little strong. Yes, the potential is there, but getting the pieces to form a whole will be difficult and take time. If Flores can get the fireworks THIS season, he will have convinced me he's the real thing.

Let me clarify by saying that, by "most folks", I'm mostly referring to the so-called experts. The general consensus seems to be we're the worst team in the league and their reasoning is a lack of talent. I just don't see it their way. I think we have a good nucleus of young, exciting players. But there are a lot of question marks. O-line and pass rush are the main question marks in my mind. If we can manage decent play in those two areas, we'll remain competitive.

Problem is we don’t have enough depth to withstand too many injuries

The problem with the Dolphins is they are devoid of talent at the most important position in all of sports, QB. Rosen is a complete question mark at this time and Fitzpatrick is a journeyman.

Any article about Dolphins talent should include Xavien Howard, Laremy Tunsil (our two best players) and Vincent Taylor.

If it's just about playmakers, Xavien should be number 1 on the list.

There is a small group of young talent well worth building around, but this team needs another couple of good off seasons to have a playoff roster.

But the cupboard is not bare, it isn't full but.........not empty.

The problem with the Dolphins is they are devoid of talent at the most important position in all of sports, QB. Rosen is a complete question mark at this time and Fitzpatrick is a journeyman.

There's a difference between "devoid" and 'undetermined'

There's a difference between "devoid" and 'undetermined'
Not really, every single NFL team has undetermined talent... So yes, the Fins are devoid of real tangible production proven talent at alot of key spots... As for the undetermined talent, well Im not sure how you could make a case that they have more by a large amount than other teams in the league...

Back
Top Bottom