Miami Dolphins Budding Talent Capable Of Fireworks In 2019 (pfn Film Room) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Budding Talent Capable Of Fireworks In 2019 (pfn Film Room)

Jakeem-Grant.jpg

Article Highlights

On the second day of July in 1776, Congress voted to declare independence from the British monarchy. Two days later, the thirteen American colonies were proclaimed free from England rule. For that reason, we celebrate. In honor of Independence Day, I look at six playmakers ahead of the 2019 season who’ll light up your screen like the sky on the Fourth of July. And because it’s also my birthday, they’re all Miami Dolphins players. Hey, it’s my party.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/miami-dolphins-capable-fireworks-2019/
Happy Birthday, DK!
giphy.gif

Unknown is the better term ... you don't know what you got til you know type thing ...

Which is good ... how much luck have we had with trying to bring in 'knowns' ... not much - so would rather have folks carve out roles while they are here and become knowns! If we get lucky, may be even SPECIAL with a couple.

We won't be terrible ... but we also must be mindful in that all stats and projections are based on knowns for the most part, so we can't expect to held in high regard at this point.

Get a solid footing this year ... and it will be different come next year.

Not really, every single NFL team has undetermined talent... So yes, the Fins are devoid of real tangible production proven talent at alot of key spots... As for the undetermined talent, well Im not sure how you could make a case that they have more by a large amount than other teams in the league...

I'll accept Miami has little "proven" talent. Even then, "devoid" is a clear exaggeration. I'll not play the definition game except to say Miami is NOT devoid. To state the obvious, no one pretends to know what the "proven" talent of Wilkins or williams or others will be. That is where I'm coming from - undetermined. And I never said they have "more by a large amount than other teams in the league."

I'll accept Miami has little "proven" talent. Even then, "devoid" is a clear exaggeration. I'll not play the definition game except to say Miami is NOT devoid. To state the obvious, no one pretends to know what the "proven" talent of Wilkins or williams or others will be. That is where I'm coming from - undetermined. And I never said they have "more by a large amount than other teams in the league."

I like the "undetermined" (yet to be proven) aspect... Bottom line, every team in the NFL has talent.
And every team in the NFL has "gaps" in their talent quotient. No one is pretending we have the most
impressive roster in the league -- but at the same time it would be foolish to discount the "upside"
contained within our roster.

Of course, to jump back on the horse, this "debate" has as much to do with coaching, talent development
and talent utilization as it has to do with raw talent. Until proven otherwise, I think we made a huge jump
forward by acquiring this STAFF. And that's what is most impressive to me -- Flores was able to bring in
a bucket load of coaching talent with him --- and I'm highly confident that will pay immediate dividends
in terms of amplifying our collective talent quotient.

Optimistically speaking of course!

BNF

I like the "undetermined" (yet to be proven) aspect... Bottom line, every team in the NFL has talent.
And every team in the NFL has "gaps" in their talent quotient. No one is pretending we have the most
impressive roster in the league -- but at the same time it would be foolish to discount the "upside"
contained within our roster.

Of course, to jump back on the horse, this "debate" has as much to do with coaching, talent development
and talent utilization as it has to do with raw talent. Until proven otherwise, I think we made a huge jump
forward by acquiring this STAFF. And that's what is most impressive to me -- Flores was able to bring in
a bucket load of coaching talent with him --- and I'm highly confident that will pay immediate dividends
in terms of amplifying our collective talent quotient.

Optimistically speaking of course!

BNF

Maybe a little OT, but, as I've said elsewhere, EVERY NFL team consists of mostly average starters. There seems to be some perception here players are All_Pro or trash. With that as premise, I'd like to see a thread with posters listing all starters or projected starters and their rank - top third, 'average,' bottom third, no-one-knows-yet. Separate the bashers and starry-eyed dreamers from the sane group.

And you and I have agreed a few times on the importance of coaching. I suspect just about everyone here has seen a 'top' player on one team move to a second team and 'disappoint.' Contrarily, we've seen meh players move to a 2nd team and do quite well. Coaching. My standard example . . . give Gase and staff the NE players and BB and staff the Miami players. which would you think would get to the playoffs? Brady can only do so much with Burke as DC and a clueless OL. And don't forget NE would then have excessive penalties and frequent missed assignments. Coaching matters.

Now, I don't want to over-state. I'm NOT saying teams don't need talented players and I'm not saying all Miami players would be top third with proper coaching. But no one can argue Gase and staff got the best out of their roster.

I wholeheartedly agree, but some around here think that individuals can do it by themselves.

What some around here understand is level of talent matters. And you need it to be serious contenders.

And it all starts at QB...

Maybe a little OT, but, as I've said elsewhere, EVERY NFL team consists of mostly average starters. There seems to be some perception here players are All_Pro or trash. With that as premise, I'd like to see a thread with posters listing all starters or projected starters and their rank - top third, 'average,' bottom third, no-one-knows-yet. Separate the bashers and starry-eyed dreamers from the sane group.

And you and I have agreed a few times on the importance of coaching. I suspect just about everyone here has seen a 'top' player on one team move to a second team and 'disappoint.' Contrarily, we've seen meh players move to a 2nd team and do quite well. Coaching. My standard example . . . give Gase and staff the NE players and BB and staff the Miami players. which would you think would get to the playoffs? Brady can only do so much with Burke as DC and a clueless OL. And don't forget NE would then have excessive penalties and frequent missed assignments. Coaching matters.

Now, I don't want to over-state. I'm NOT saying teams don't need talented players and I'm not saying all Miami players would be top third with proper coaching. But no one can argue Gase and staff got the best out of their roster.

If you never believed in that roster, you can argue they are who some of us thought they were.

And people here were calling Gase the next Shula and all the hyperbole to go with it. Sadly, if Gase had been abit more professional with his owner...we would be entertaining his 4th year and all the stuff said the previous 3.

We can only hope Flores and the franchise can deliver on what few have since the turn of the Century.

What some around here understand is level of talent matters. And you need it to be serious contenders.

And it all starts at QB...
But the level of talent has been dismal, especially the offense of line. It be nice to have an offense of line in the low mid teens.

If you never believed in that roster, you can argue they are who some of us thought they were.

And people here were calling Gase the next Shula and all the hyperbole to go with it. Sadly, if Gase had been abit more professional with his owner...we would be entertaining his 4th year and all the stuff said the previous 3.

We can only hope Flores and the franchise can deliver on what few have since the turn of the Century.

Agreed. The question is, which "some?" The some who thought they were devoid of talent, the some who thought the talent was better than Gase could get out of them, or the some who thought the talent was playoff level? I'm in the some who thought the talent wasn't exceptional, but Gase wasn't getting the best out of all the players.

I admit, after Gase's 1st year I thought Miami may have found a long-term HC. Didn't take long into the 2nd year for me to change my mind.

Wouldn’t surprise me if minkah is the team mvp this year

Be nice if it was rosen but probably a bit too ambitious

Last edited:

On the documented record I was never 100% sold on Gase. But I'd certainly admit to being hopeful he was the long awaited answer. Seems to me, the overall consensus hope was -- he's an O wizzer and that's sufficient credentials to be our HC answer.

Flash forward to the present and I'd like to believe we've collectively grown into the realization it's all about LEADERSHIP from top down -- and not the highest rated (faux) wizard in the room.

That said -- I am 100% glad Gase is gone.

Back
Top Bottom