Miami Dolphins Budding Talent Capable Of Fireworks In 2019 (pfn Film Room) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Budding Talent Capable Of Fireworks In 2019 (pfn Film Room)

I'm not sure how we could disagree unless you've seen the guy with your very own eyes.
I knew he was on the small side but not that small. His catch radius or the QB throwing window is tiny for a receiver like Grant..like really tiny! We're talking about pinpoint type of accuracy without much room for error.
Yes I’ve seen the guy with my very own eyes, up close..and yes his windows are much smaller than the norm, but because he is a very short NFL player.

Jakeem’s body is not slight in any way shape whatsoever, nor unsymmetrical,he is built very solidly imo.

Last edited:
Maybe a little OT, but, as I've said elsewhere, EVERY NFL team consists of mostly average starters. There seems to be some perception here players are All_Pro or trash. With that as premise, I'd like to see a thread with posters listing all starters or projected starters and their rank - top third, 'average,' bottom third, no-one-knows-yet. Separate the bashers and starry-eyed dreamers from the sane group.

And you and I have agreed a few times on the importance of coaching. I suspect just about everyone here has seen a 'top' player on one team move to a second team and 'disappoint.' Contrarily, we've seen meh players move to a 2nd team and do quite well. Coaching. My standard example . . . give Gase and staff the NE players and BB and staff the Miami players. which would you think would get to the playoffs? Brady can only do so much with Burke as DC and a clueless OL. And don't forget NE would then have excessive penalties and frequent missed assignments. Coaching matters.

Now, I don't want to over-state. I'm NOT saying teams don't need talented players and I'm not saying all Miami players would be top third with proper coaching. But no one can argue Gase and staff got the best out of their roster.
100%.

What some around here understand is level of talent matters. And you need it to be serious contenders.

And it all starts at QB...
I think QB is the one position you have to be great at in today’s game in order to consistently be contenders. You can compete if you have that guy - even when the roster might be average. You won’t win the SB (as we saw during the Marino years) without playing defense and running the ball effectively when you have to. If Rosen turns out to be a “franchise” QB it will be a home run for the franchise and fans.

I like the "undetermined" (yet to be proven) aspect... Bottom line, every team in the NFL has talent.
And every team in the NFL has "gaps" in their talent quotient. No one is pretending we have the most
impressive roster in the league -- but at the same time it would be foolish to discount the "upside"
contained within our roster.

Of course, to jump back on the horse, this "debate" has as much to do with coaching, talent development
and talent utilization as it has to do with raw talent. Until proven otherwise, I think we made a huge jump
forward by acquiring this STAFF. And that's what is most impressive to me -- Flores was able to bring in
a bucket load of coaching talent with him --- and I'm highly confident that will pay immediate dividends
in terms of amplifying our collective talent quotient.

Optimistically speaking of course!

BNF
This ones for you Brother! Great post!
upload_2019-7-7_23-0-44.png

Wouldn’t surprise me if minkah is the team mvp this year

Be nice if it was rosen but probably a bit too ambitious
Rosen would be a well welcomed and pleasant surprise. That would really open things up for the draft next year. I like ambitious...

But the level of talent has been dismal, especially the offense of line. It be nice to have an offense of line in the low mid teens.
It would be much easier if we could keep the entire starting unit on the field together for more than a few games. Seems the past few years, we've never had our starting 5 out there together for very long. Bad luck, conditioning, whatever the reason, it hasn't happened and that needs to change. Lack of depth was the final dagger and that was exposed as a result of those injuries.

It would be much easier if we could keep the entire starting unit on the field together for more than a few games. Seems the past few years, we've never had our starting 5 out there together for very long. Bad luck, conditioning, whatever the reason, it hasn't happened and that needs to change. Lack of depth was the final dagger and that was exposed as a result of those injuries.
True, and we need to stop signing players with injury histories

True, and we need to stop signing players with injury histories
That as well as build depth. It's inevitable someone is going to miss time due to injury but we need to have a more than capable replacement in the wings. When the quality of your starters is not top notch, that doesn't bode well for what's waiting in the wings. We've taken a lot of bench players over the years and elevated them to a starting role on this team which means our bench consisted of 2nd and 3rd tier players. We need to change how we've handled that in the past.

That as well as build depth. It's inevitable someone is going to miss time due to injury but we need to have a more than capable replacement in the wings. When the quality of your starters is not top notch, that doesn't bode well for what's waiting in the wings. We've taken a lot of bench players over the years and elevated them to a starting role on this team which means our bench consisted of 2nd and 3rd tier players. We need to change how we've handled that in the past.
I think by signing offense of minded coaches was some of the problem, their egos were so big that they thought they could work around anything.
A defense of minded coach knows what an inept line can do for you, Nothing. Here’s to hoping this coaching staff solves the problem.

I think by signing offense of minded coaches was some of the problem, their egos were so big that they thought they could work around anything.
A defense of minded coach knows what an inept line can do for you, Nothing. Here’s to hoping this coaching staff solves the problem.
That's a great viewpoint, It's early yet but I'll say so far, so good.

[QUOTE="royalshank, post: 7931466, member: 14232"]I think QB is the one position you have to be great at in today’s game in order to consistently be contenders. You can compete if you have that guy - even when the roster might be average. You won’t win the SB (as we saw during the Marino years) without playing defense and running the ball effectively when you have to. If Rosen turns out to be a “franchise” QB it will be a home run for the franchise and fans.[/QUOTE]

And a top HC.

Jakeem-Grant.jpg

Article Highlights

On the second day of July in 1776, Congress voted to declare independence from the British monarchy. Two days later, the thirteen American colonies were proclaimed free from England rule. For that reason, we celebrate. In honor of Independence Day, I look at six playmakers ahead of the 2019 season who’ll light up your screen like the sky on the Fourth of July. And because it’s also my birthday, they’re all Miami Dolphins players. Hey, it’s my party.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/miami-dolphins-capable-fireworks-2019/

None of the players listed would've been free on July 4, 1776. Just saying.

Rosen would be a well welcomed and pleasant surprise. That would really open things up for the draft next year. I like ambitious...

Yeah. Miami would flip to running that Ohio state de card up I’m sure

Back
Top Bottom