Miami Dolphins’ Coach-to-be Brian Flores: ’i’m My Own… | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins’ Coach-to-be Brian Flores: ’i’m My Own…

You think we would have made the playoffs without Suh on our roster?

Yes, his acquisition was the ONLY reason we made the playoffs with that sorry broken down D.

I mean if you take away Tannehill who maybe wasn't elite but was playing his best football we probably don't make the playoffs.

If you take away Ajayi who if most don't want to give credit to, have to at least entertain the idea that without his 2 epic games we probably don't win those 2 games thus fall short of the 10 wins needed to make the playoffs.

If you take away away Wake who was our best pass rusher we probably don't make the playoffs.

There is no DT in the NFL that one can say they are perhaps the ONLY reason that team made the playoffs. For as great as Aaron Donald is the Rams had a losing season his 1st 3 years and it wasn't until Goff, Gurley and co took off did they start winning. Even with Donald perhaps being the best defensive player in football that defense is still only 20th.

For as good as Cortez Kennedy was the year he won DPOY the Seahawks only won 2 games.

Suh is a great and is probably going to go to the HOF but he's still just a DT and if better players such as Donald and Kennedy couldn't will their team to the playoffs despite their individual dominance I don't see how one could say that of Suh.

So, if the team is going to rebuild the offensive line, and the defensive line and the linebackers, it is not tanking, it is involved in a massive, and much needed reset, rebuild, retool, etc. So they will not be any good for a couple of years. To me, as long as we are moving in the right direction, I can be patient.

Mr. Gase did nothing to make this team better, despite making the playoffs, once, there was no "moving forward", no improvement, nada, nothing. Teams still ran all over the D, the offense was ineffectual, and no, it was not all RT17, the Gase Coaching Philosophy was as big a mystery to everyone as his hat. No more coaching mysteries for me, no more Gurus, just give me a coach who knows how to build a winner.

The Ever Sick Of Gurus VIPER

I mean if you take away Tannehill who maybe wasn't elite but was playing his best football we probably don't make the playoffs.

If you take away Ajayi who if most don't want to give credit to, have to at least entertain the idea that without his 2 epic games we probably don't win those 2 games thus fall short of the 10 wins needed to make the playoffs.

If you take away away Wake who was our best pass rusher we probably don't make the playoffs.

There is no DT in the NFL that one can say they are perhaps the ONLY reason that team made the playoffs. For as great as Aaron Donald is the Rams had a losing season his 1st 3 years and it wasn't until Goff, Gurley and co took off did they start winning. Even with Donald perhaps being the best defensive player in football that defense is still only 20th.

For as good as Cortez Kennedy was the year he won DPOY the Seahawks only won 2 games.

Suh is a great and is probably going to go to the HOF but he's still just a DT and if better players such as Donald and Kennedy couldn't will their team to the playoffs despite their individual dominance I don't see how one could say that of Suh.

With as historically bad as our D was that year, I doubt there are many human beings on the planet that would have done better for us than Suh did that year.

He was the player all teams focused on and he still made huge plays like the game winner on that Kaep tackle.

Of course no one player on a 53 man team is responsible for all the success, football is the ultimate team game.

The point I was making by saying he may have been the only reason we made it to the playoffs is, I highly doubt that team would have made the playoffs had any player other than Suh been signed in that off-season in his place (or in other words, signing him is the only reason that team made the playoffs).

His impact on that team was enormous, and his impact on the Rams has been critical in the playoffs as well.

1 more game until history is made and Suh takes another step towards the HoF, and it will make Mia look bad if he balls out despite what our fans say, he is missed significantly and naturally our defense still sucks.

Sure he wasn't worth what we were paying him, but that really isn't his fault as he had little to no help here which was the real problem, he's got that now. Go Rams!

Suh is an amazingly gifted player at his position, unfortunately, that position is not a highly valued one. Certainly, you can argue that isn’t really fair, but nevertheless, it is true.

Suh can be the most talented guy on the team, but in terms of impacting the game, his value is primarily felt by freeing the linebackers and DE’s to make the impact plays. Since Miami did not have great talent at LB and DE, Suh was far less of a contributor to the team’s success than he has been in LA, therefore greatly reducing his value to the Dolphins. You cannot pay Suh high skill player money for soaking up blocks when you have no one else to take advantage of them.

who was Denver qb?? manning. that yr they win SB they beat carolina

No they didn't. That was the next season, in 2015. In the 2014 season, the Pats beat the Shithawks at the end of the year when the Shithawks should have run the ball instead of passed.

Manning was their QB that year, in 2014. They didn't win **** until the next year, though.

Suh is an amazingly gifted player at his position, unfortunately, that position is not a highly valued one. Certainly, you can argue that isn’t really fair, but nevertheless, it is true.

Suh can be the most talented guy on the team, but in terms of impacting the game, his value is primarily felt by freeing the linebackers and DE’s to make the impact plays. Since Miami did not have great talent at LB and DE, Suh was far less of a contributor to the team’s success than he has been in LA, therefore greatly reducing his value to the Dolphins. You cannot pay Suh high skill player money for soaking up blocks when you have no one else to take advantage of them.

Mostly true (although Donald is the exception at DT), still I blame the FO and coaching staff for not finding the talent around him to make our D work, Suh is a tremendous asset on any D that I wish we still had.

Basically, he's too good for Ross's Dolphins. Happy for him now...

No they didn't. That was the next season, in 2015. In the 2014 season, the Pats beat the ****hawks at the end of the year when the ****hawks should have run the ball instead of passed.

Manning was their QB that year, in 2014. They didn't win **** until the next year, though.
what did u expect Denver had a great team them yr w manning. I am surprised we played them that close.

Mostly true (although Donald is the exception at DT), still I blame the FO and coaching staff for not finding the talent around him to make our D work, Suh is a tremendous asset on any D that I wish we still had.

Basically, he's too good for Ross's Dolphins. Happy for him now...
I agree we all way do thing half ass. Suh was here bring fan to games. he need help up front. I hope he win SB. so he can talk trash to Adam and front office.

Sure whatever, just the most valuable and indispensable player on the team that year, in his first year...

No he wasn't. You just want to push that narrative down everyone's throat. 2016 was not his first year by the way. Tell us please, what games did Suh put on his back in 2016 where he won them outright? Please enlighten us.

He was the player all teams focused on and he still made huge plays like the game winner on that Kaep tackle.

???

The game the defense gave up 475 yards you are giving him credit? The 49ers had 147 yards of offense the following week.

Suh is one of the most overrated players in the game today. The rams defense is not very good and he is playing next to aaron Donald.

Flores may not be like Belichick, but like Belichick his good fortunes as a HC will depend on getting an elite QB.

Gase wasn’t lying. He wanted to put the players who fit his system in a position to succeed.
he did terrible job at find qb. once thill17 went down and he didn't want Mat Moore. the sad part Moore was one of his best qb in Miami. thank to Moore he got second job for his play in 2016. he couldn't get along w good players. good luck w jets. they will be OC job for you when u get fired from jets in nfl.

Back
Top Bottom