Miami Dolphins’ Coach-to-be Brian Flores: ’i’m My Own… | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins’ Coach-to-be Brian Flores: ’i’m My Own…

???

The game the defense gave up 475 yards you are giving him credit? The 49ers had 147 yards of offense the following week.

Suh is one of the most overrated players in the game today. The rams defense is not very good and he is playing next to aaron Donald.
one man don't make ur defense better. he was good w lions

one man don't make ur defense better. he was good w lions
A defensive tackle is never going to make a difference.

He was good with Detroit? They had one season they were 3rd in points against. His other seasons they were 15, 27, 23, and 19th.

the way nfl is setup. you don't have to have great defense to won in nfl, I would rather fix 2 OG, cb DE to mix and find qb for now. and draft qb I want when it come 2019, 20,21. I would draft one every yr until I find one that can play.

I like this guy, but he's going down on Sunday because our stupid team cut a REAL HoF talent in Suh.

Never would have let that dude go, especially after the restructures, easily could have found another Bobby McCain, etc. but not Suh.

Go Rams!
Suh was not worth the amount of cap he hogged up.

Aaron Donald disagrees with this statement.
I’m sure he would, but the rams are 19th in yards against and 20th in points against...they also played 4 games against the cardinals and 49ers this year...

No he wasn't. You just want to push that narrative down everyone's throat. 2016 was not his first year by the way. Tell us please, what games did Suh put on his back in 2016 where he won them outright? Please enlighten us.

He made plenty of big plays that season and was on the field ALL the time (last play of 49ers game being one), but no man has ever won an NFL football game "outright", especially a non QB.

To think Suh who was getting ALL of the attention on an otherwise sorry D (and still making a great impact) wasn't the most valuable player is a simple misunderstanding of the game of football.

That team would have absolutely sucked without him, BY FAR the most valuable, I did forget it wasn't his first year though.

???

The game the defense gave up 475 yards you are giving him credit? The 49ers had 147 yards of offense the following week.

Suh is one of the most overrated players in the game today. The rams defense is not very good and he is playing next to aaron Donald.

Yea, and the fins pass D was horrific against PITT in the playoffs, Suh's fault too I guess since it's not a team game lol.

Suh's not overrated one bit, and he's proven that in the playoffs; some folks just don't get football even when the playoffs bring the truth to light, not everyone can accept that (cough cough Russell Wilson fans).

Last edited:
Suh was not worth the amount of cap he hogged up.

Fair point and probably true, he needs talent around him (which we didn't have enough of) like most human beings to have real success.

Our D was so bad we would have been better off just signing 4 or 5 average NFL players instead of the elite Suh, Rambo and Thomas in the playoffs lmao.

Last edited:
I’m sure he would, but the rams are 19th in yards against and 20th in points against...they also played 4 games against the cardinals and 49ers this year...

And just imagine where they would have been without Darnold and his 20.5 sacks (literally 50% of the teams sacks), 4 FF, 9 stuffs while getting double-teamed much of the time. QBs hate having pressure coming from up the middle than the outside b/c they can't step into the throw like they can if it's coming from the outside.

Take away Darnold's sacks and the Rams have 20.5 which would put them 31st in the league only ahead of the Raiders who foolishly traded away Mack and behind the Pats and Giants tied for 30th with 30 sacks each.

When an offense scores 527 points in a year teams tend to give up more on defense b/c they have big leads and play soft which allows the opponents offense to rack up yards and points late...for example, the 49ers scored 15 points in the final 10 minutes of the game after the Rams had taken a 48-17 lead.

And I agree the Cards and 49ers are not powerhouses, definitely not Arizona, which the Rams shut both of those offenses down (with the exception of the 4th quarter in game 2 as mentioned), but the Rams played against many of the best offenses in football this year.

Chiefs, Saints, Chargers, Seahawks 2 games and Bears...that is 6 games against teams that finished top 9 in scoring and one of those teams were the Rams (#2) so it was 6 games against the top 8 scoring teams when excluding the Rams. Going up against GB and Philly is no picnic either for a defense.

I think those 8 games more than balance out the 4 games against the Cards and 49ers.

Last edited:
Fair point and probably true, he needs talent around him (which we didn't have enough of) like most human beings to have real success.

Our D was so bad we would have been better off just signing 4 or 5 average NFL players instead of the elite Suh, Rambo and Thomas in the playoffs lmao.
Exactly. My point being, as good as Suh is, his position doesn't have the impact of a QB. However. If a team can gain instant pressure on a QB up the middle that can wreck a gameplan.

Exactly. My point being, as good as Suh is, his position doesn't have the impact of a QB. However. If a team can gain instant pressure on a QB up the middle that can wreck a gameplan.

I have no problem with people saying Suh was overpaid here, and his impact wasn't worth the cap # (probably true sadly).

But I get borderline offended when people call Suh overrated and don't recognize the elite talent that he is, he's been one of my favorite players in this league long before he became a Dolphin.

He plays the right way... and f*** Mr. Smug Aaron Rodgers (I'd step on him too lol).

And just imagine where they would have been without Darnold and his 20.5 sacks (literally 50% of the teams sacks), 4 FF, 9 stuffs while getting double-teamed much of the time. QBs hate having pressure coming from up the middle than the outside b/c they can't step into the throw like they can if it's coming from the outside.

Take away Darnold's sacks and the Rams have 20.5 which would put them 31st in the league only ahead of the Raiders who foolishly traded away Mack and behind the Pats and Giants tied for 30th with 30 sacks each.

When an offense scores 527 points in a year teams tend to give up more on defense b/c they have big leads and play soft which allows the opponents offense to rack up yards and points late...for example, the 49ers scored 15 points in the final 10 minutes of the game after the Rams had taken a 48-17 lead.

And I agree the Cards and 49ers are not powerhouses, definitely not Arizona, which the Rams shut both of those offenses down (with the exception of the 4th quarter in game 2 as mentioned), but the Rams played against many of the best offenses in football this year.

Chiefs, Saints, Chargers, Seahawks 2 games and Bears...that is 6 games against teams that finished top 9 in scoring and one of those teams were the Rams (#2) so it was 6 games against the top 8 scoring teams when excluding the Rams. Going up against GB and Philly is no picnic either for a defense.

I think those 8 games more than balance out the 4 games against the Cards and 49ers.

When Gase was the waterboy for Peyton that Denver defense was 3rd in yards against.

The rams have suh and Donald on the d line and they aren’t anywhere close to a dominant d.

I can’t believe the Seahawks are that high for scoring offense, but they do have 6 games against the rams,49ers and cardinals.

Look at the past super bowl champs the last ten years, no one is spending money on d tackles and winning (Cox is the one exception).

You think we would have made the playoffs without Suh on our roster?

Yes, his acquisition was the ONLY reason we made the playoffs with that sorry broken down D, you watch that playoff game? Shouldn't have even been there, wouldn't had it not been for Suh making that great play on Kaep among many others.
I think Kiko had a big big part in that

I have no problem with people saying Suh was overpaid here, and his impact wasn't worth the cap # (probably true sadly).

But I get borderline offended when people call Suh overrated and don't recognize the elite talent that he is, he's been one of my favorite players in this league long before he became a Dolphin.

He plays the right way... and f*** Mr. Smug Aaron Rodgers (I'd step on him too lol).
So you've turned this thread on Flores into a love fest for Suh.

Good job derailing it.

So you've turned this thread on Flores into a love fest for Suh.

Good job derailing it.

I love players like how I used to love Chris Chambers, this s*** show of a team gets boring sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom