Miami Dolphins’ Coach-to-be Brian Flores: ’i’m My Own… | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins’ Coach-to-be Brian Flores: ’i’m My Own…

He made plenty of big plays that season and was on the field ALL the time (last play of 49ers game being one), but no man has ever won an NFL football game "outright", especially a non QB.

To think Suh who was getting ALL of the attention on an otherwise sorry D (and still making a great impact) wasn't the most valuable player is a simple misunderstanding of the game of football.

That team would have absolutely sucked without him, BY FAR the most valuable, I did forget it wasn't his first year though.

Lol nobody is saying that Suh didn't make plays. You are saying he was our best player and was the sole reason Miami got to the playoffs in 2016. That is BS. I know you love the guy but you are discrediting a lot of other player's efforts that year. Suh didn't make the huge impact that you are fantasizing about.

When Gase was the waterboy for Peyton that Denver defense was 3rd in yards against.

The rams have suh and Donald on the d line and they aren’t anywhere close to a dominant d.

I can’t believe the Seahawks are that high for scoring offense, but they do have 6 games against the rams,49ers and cardinals.

Look at the past super bowl champs the last ten years, no one is spending money on d tackles and winning (Cox is the one exception).
To each there own.

Actually the year the Broncos were dominant on offense was 2013 and their defense was 22nd in ppg (24.9 compared to 24 for Rams this year) and 19th in yards.

I'm not saying DT is the only way to win the Super Bowl. History has shown there are many ways. I will say only a fool wouldn't pay the best defensive player in football who is the most destructive force in the game to be on their team if it's feasible.

I would pay the man and enjoy watching your teams QB getting harrased all game and taken to the ground by Darnold.

We know Flores has had exposure to all of the important elements. We know he has been part of a system that was successful in basically all of those areas. Over the next 3 years we will find out if he learned valuable lessons that somehow separates him from all of the other former Patriots coaches who did not find success after emerging from under Belichick's wing. Fingers crossed that Flores is the exception.

He played well, but teams feared and game planned away from Suh and yet he still made his impact.
And we were still one of the worst defense of teams in the NFL. To find one player that really changes the dynamics of a team is rare. He wasn’t that player for us. He is one hell of a football player though.

We know Flores has had exposure to all of the important elements. We know he has been part of a system that was successful in basically all of those areas. Over the next 3 years we will find out if he learned valuable lessons that somehow separates him from all of the other former Patriots coaches who did not find success after emerging from under Belichick's wing. Fingers crossed that Flores is the exception.

After really digging into his background, reading and listening to everything possible, I feel really good about our new coach, and his style of leadership, I found myself respecting him when he talked, taking him very serious when he discussed certain things, I felt like he had compassion for his players, I also felt that this guy is a bad ass, and ain’t nobody gonna cross him. (improper grammar for affect).

I feel strongly about having a coach in place that exudes the right balance of leader, disciplinarian and compassionate man in this town, especially this town.

I think it deserves pointing out that Aaron Donald had the best year of his career BY FAR in 2018 playing next to Suh.....20.5 sacks, more than double his total from any previous season.

I think his impact on our team in 2016 was sort of like X. Howard's "impact" this year...he just can't do it himself and the overall defense was near the worst.

We need another boundary in the worst way, as well as a stud DE. I do think cutting Suh was the right move going forward as I like our young cheap talent at DT especially if Taylor can stay healthy...Not sure why we cut bait on Phillips though, another parting gift from Gase I guess...

#2 corner and a #1 DE and I think this defense could be good again. We at least have some YOUNG talent to look forward to in guys like Howard, Baker, Fitz, Godchaux and Taylor etc..new scheme and coaches as well could have a huge impact on the defense in 2019

Last edited:
Lol nobody is saying that Suh didn't make plays. You are saying he was our best player and was the sole reason Miami got to the playoffs in 2016. That is BS. I know you love the guy but you are discrediting a lot of other player's efforts that year. Suh didn't make the huge impact that you are fantasizing about.

Lol, u don't think Suh was the best player on the '16 team, ok whatever. And I don't literally mean he's the only reason we made the playoffs, I mean his acquisition is the only reason that sorry a** team made the playoffs in Gase's first year, as if another FA would have had a bigger impact :rolleyes:. He had a bigger impact than most Dolfans realize, and he's a better player than most Dolfans realize as well.

Looking forward to him balling out on Sunday and proving more people wrong about his impact again.

Lol, u don't think Suh was the best player on the '16 team, ok whatever. And I don't literally mean he's the only reason we made the playoffs, I mean his acquisition is the only reason that sorry a** team made the playoffs in Gase's first year, as if another FA would have had a bigger impact :rolleyes:. He had a bigger impact than most Dolfans realize, and he's a better player than most Dolfans realize as well.

Looking forward to him balling out on Sunday and proving more people wrong about his impact again.

Congratulations.

upload_2019-2-1_10-4-32.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom