Miami Dolphins: Corey Linsley should be their No. 1 target in free agency | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins: Corey Linsley should be their No. 1 target in free agency

People keep posting these fan driven sites with articles written by non journalists. It’s.. brutal.

If what they post sparks are serious convo why not? Free agent center available and we happen to have that need of that free agent. Best center in the NFL hands down.

If what they post sparks are serious convo why not? Free agent center available and we happen to have that need of that free agent. Best center in the NFL hands down.

Just start the thread then! Why do we need excuses to post good hypothetical threads?

Only real beef using these folks blogs aka articles are People are referencing this article now like it has.. any type of information.

We don’t need to be driving traffic to bad writers/sites.

It's the off season guys. Mostly smoke and mirrors as you all know so i would not take any article as the absolute truth

As far as driving traffic to bad writers/sites. Easy just skip it and go to another thread and the traffic will soon dry up :shrug:

Miami invested a 1st, 2nd, and 4th round pick on linemen in last year's draft, signed Flowers to a $10M per year deal, and if they sign Lindsley, you STILL want them to draft Sewell?

Stop it.

What point are you trying to make? We gave up over 50 sacks the year prior and started 3 rookies the next year. Are you trying to say we don't need more talent on a line that ranked 28 last year that gave up 35 sacks? What are you proposing we do? Spend our number 3 on smith or chase over the highest rated lineman out of college in the last 7 years? We dont have a Bherkari or an all star tackle in this team. We are lacking if anything and it has been proven the battles start and end in the line. Who cares if I want him drafted or not. We won't improve our line the way it is. And we don't improve our line our qb will struggle, and we won't run the ball. Our only lineman that consistently rated higher than average against the run was hunt, but he was average in pass protection so he goes to his natural position guard. Then we keep flowers at guard, he did well in pass protection and average in run protection. Then Sewell would play Lt, and finally we put Jackson at RT. Check out our OL rankings. Drafting is needs game not a what we want to see game.

Attachments

• finsOL.png
    finsOL.png
    181.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Just start the thread then! Why do we need excuses to post good hypothetical threads?

Only real beef using these folks blogs aka articles are People are referencing this article now like it has.. any type of information.

We don’t need to be driving traffic to bad writers/sites.

I get what you are saying brother but we need a center regardless. The info on the site could have conflicting opinions but the fact that we are lacking at the center position is good way to spark a discussion.

I like the player, but as a rebuilding team, I'd rather draft a C and re-sign Karras. In the short term, Linsley isn't going to make a major difference in this offense. Karras is cheaper and has helped these rookies get organized and in a position to succeed. Eventually, if you groom a young C, Karras is an invaluable swing interior lineman. If Robert Hunt becomes your RG with potential to be a swing RT, and Austin Jackson is locked in as your LT, then Karras helps make this offense solid even if he becomes a backup. Draft a RT, maybe draft a C sometime in the next 3 drafts. Re-evaluate Ereck Flowers and determine how much of a pressing need it is to replace that contract with a more competent player vs. the bird in the hand of a solid LG. This makes the OL equation much easier to solve.

If we decide to bring in Linsley, it is only going to happen for big starter money. IMHO, that's not a wise investment at this point in time. Again, love the player, but I'd prefer to draft a replacement. People are under-rating Ted Karras' contributions marshalling that OL. The question is how much it will cost to bring Karras back?

What point are you trying to make? We gave up over 50 sacks the year prior and started 3 rookies the next year. Are you trying to say we don't need more talent on a line that ranked 28 last year that gave up 35 sacks? What are you proposing we do? Spend our number 3 on smith or chase over the highest rated lineman out of college in the last 7 years? We dont have a Bherkari or an all star tackle in this team. We are lacking if anything and it has been proven the battles start and end in the line. Who cares if I want him drafted or not. We won't improve our line the way it is. And we don't improve our line our qb will struggle, and we won't run the ball. Our only lineman that consistently rated higher than average against the run was hunt, but he was average in pass protection so he goes to his natural position guard. Then we keep flowers at guard, he did well in pass protection and average in run protection. Then Sewell would play Lt, and finally we put Jackson at RT. Check out our OL rankings. Drafting is needs game not a what we want to see game.

I'm saying if you're going out and spending big $ on a free agent offensive lineman, you'd be foolish to also spend the 3rd pick in the draft on OL after all that was invested last year on the line, especially considering how desperate this team is for offensive weapons.

And wait, are you expecting rookie offensive linemen to have reached their ceiling already? Have you ever heard of player development?

Miami invested a 1st, 2nd, and 4th round pick on linemen in last year's draft, signed Flowers to a $10M per year deal, and if they sign Lindsley, you STILL want them to draft Sewell?

Stop it.
Yes I do. Just because they used all those draft and financial resources last year doesn’t mean they fixed the OL. In fact the play of the OL regressed during the season and especially the play of Flowers and Jackson was better at the beginning of the season than at the end of the season.

They need to keep adding quality talent to the OL until they actually get it right, IMO. Flowers is a stop gap guard only and I don’t see him on the roster after next season. I believe Jackson may develop into an average starter eventually but Sewell is a huge upgrade over Jackson at whichever tackle position he would play with the Dolphins.

I would certainly like an offensive line of Sewell- Linsley- Jackson-Hunt- Kindley over The starting offensive line they struggled with last year.

Our position as a young, up and coming team with draft picks, a QB, a coach and a solid defense should win any tie breaker that living in Miami wouldn't.

If all things are equal, no one is equal to us.

Miami wins the leverage game with this current staff, if not, move on. Kind of like when I saw the trade scenario's that Watson would accept if he were to be dealt. Jets, Panthers and Dolphins? Ya right, Im not negotiating against the Jets. I am only involved in that case to drive the cost up. If Watson wants to be traded (to Miami), it would be solely on my terms. I'm only doing that deal if Houston is getting screwed.

That's how we have to approach every move from now on. You come to us, we don't come to you.

For the record, just citing Watson as an example for this post and not because I am thinking about acquiring him. He's fantastic and all but I am not blowing my draft stash when I like Tua.
I agree we have certain "advantages" in terms of team chem / culture and some economic / environmental as well. But that portfolio is contingent on resonance and I have no clue if this Linsley dude is of the same ilk. If he's a dedicated "winner" and a dedicated team guy then he might lean our way -- but if he's just into the biggest payday he won't. I pretty sure that's the base parameter we're operating with.

And I would add it's important we're consistent in our mode or you can lose cred real quick. The big $$$ to Jones last year was a slight violation so we have to be disciplined IMO.

We have a bad offensive line we could have drafted all tackles in the draft. I get it if we had 4 solid linemen with proven resume but we dont. We dont have a solid veteran even. If we draft Sewell and sign Corey we will get the best out of the receivers drafted. The 1st round receivers have high failure rates.
how does their rate compare to 1st round tackles?

I agree we have certain "advantages" in terms of team chem / culture and some economic / environmental as well. But that portfolio is contingent on resonance and I have no clue if this Linsley dude is of the same ilk. If he's a dedicated "winner" and a dedicated team guy then he might lean our way -- but if he's just into the biggest payday he won't. I pretty sure that's the base parameter we're operating with.

And I would add it's important we're consistent in our mode or you can lose cred real quick. The big $$$ to Jones last year was a slight violation so we have to be disciplined IMO.

I hear ya, although the Jones contract was also a matter of circumstance. Team needed any and all talent and had to spend the money anyway.

This time around I’m definitely being more diligent with all signings. I’m ok with not signing anyone this year and letting the cap clean itself up for a year.

I want a talented center though, I’m willing to pay for that center. More than anything, I want to go into the draft with a major need already a filled.

More than anything, I want my OL on another level than the rest of the league.

I hear ya, although the Jones contract was also a matter of circumstance. Team needed any and all talent and had to spend the money anyway.

This time around I’m definitely being more diligent with all signings. I’m ok with not signing anyone this year and letting the cap clean itself up for a year.

I want a talented center though, I’m willing to pay for that center. More than anything, I want to go into the draft with a major need already a filled.

More than anything, I want my OL on another level than the rest of the league.
Nothing wrong with that! Being dominant up front would be a LOT of fun.

how does their rate compare to 1st round tackles?

Well let's just say that since 2015 we only had two pro bowl receivers drafted in the first round. Amari Cooper and Minnesota's rookie receiver. How many receivers were drafted in total since then? 20 receivers in total. Titans Corey Davis was drafted fifth overall in 2017, NCAA's all time receiving leader, and he isn't Titans best receiver. AJ brown is, drafted 2nd round 2017 and made the pro bowl. Before 2015, only receiver is 2011, Julio Jones. Now there are guys like Parker, they get their once in a while 1k season but not top 5 in the league. Only the top 5 receivers go to the pro bowl. Ridley and Dj moore would be considered good receivers. But Ridley was very average before this season. Both could have gone to 2nd red. Biggest trend since 2000 is that there are less than 4 to 5 receivers drafted top 10 that did anything. All the hype no substance. Charles Rogers, Corey Davis were all over hyped. Even Andre Johnson being picked that high, Boldin being picked that high played less and caught as many yards.

Back
Top Bottom