Miami Dolphins Countdown To Training Camp: Offensive Line | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Countdown To Training Camp: Offensive Line

Feel kinda bad for Jackson since he will forever be linked to Tunsil. I know Tunsil isn't exactly all world and hes getting paid an absurd chunk of change but hes still a very good player and odds are Jackson will never reach his level.

The objective has to be to get these kids on the field as early as possible and find where they are most comfortable. I hope the coaching staff doesn't slot in the likes of Flowers and Davis in specific positions like the media has and try to fill in the rest. Dieter, Hunt, Kindley, and Calhoun are essentially all positionless at the moment and this camp/preseason needs to be about finding where they belong. Even if it means Flowers moving out to tackle finding the position fit for the kids needs to be prioritized. If they only end up with one long term starter on the oline from this draft it will cost the team dearly.

No matter what, there will be growing pains early, this is why having an experienced QB like Fitz, with a couple of talented RBs is crucial to not allowing our season to get out of hand early.

A line consisting of Jackson, Flowers, Karras, Davis, and Hunt is not horrible if Jackson and Hunt progress.

There is also the wildcard of Dieter maybe having made huge strides in the off-season.

If Hunt proves to be close to as good a R-Tackle as he's projected to be at guard, while Jackson grows in his position on the left side quickly...This actually on paper could be a better O-line then anyone expects.

If Hunt can't handle it at tackle, and Davis has to play there, we still could have a serviceable line, but R-Tackle will become the #1 priority next off-season.

Feel kinda bad for Jackson since he will forever be linked to Tunsil. I know Tunsil isn't exactly all world and hes getting paid an absurd chunk of change but hes still a very good player and odds are Jackson will never reach his level.

The objective has to be to get these kids on the field as early as possible and find where they are most comfortable. I hope the coaching staff doesn't slot in the likes of Flowers and Davis in specific positions like the media has and try to fill in the rest. Dieter, Hunt, Kindley, and Calhoun are essentially all positionless at the moment and this camp/preseason needs to be about finding where they belong. Even if it means Flowers moving out to tackle finding the position fit for the kids needs to be prioritized. If they only end up with one long term starter on the oline from this draft it will cost the team dearly.
Flowers at tackle would mean that Hunt, Jackson hav failed miserably. That to me is the worst case scenario. Jackson, Flowers, Karras, Kindley, Hunt would be the final line up I think.

I question whether Hunt has the feet to play RT, especially for a left handed QB.

But it would be great if he shows he can do it, he would be an absolute steal of a pick if he develops into a starting OT.

I too am curious about Kindley, the Fins targeted him specifically so they must like him quite a bit.

A right side of Kindley and Hunt would be a very physical pairing indeed.

It all starts up front on both sides of the ball. We added plenty to both lines. Now it's just a matter of going out on the field and doing their job.
Coach me up, coach! Those are the guys we need.

Flowers at tackle would mean that Hunt, Jackson hav failed miserably. That to me is the worst case scenario. Jackson, Flowers, Karras, Kindley, Hunt would be the final line up I think.

Maybe Hunt turns out to be a good tackle, but if hes destined to play inside I'd much rather see him start out there and have Flowers or Davis playing tackle. All I know is that the positions of most of these draftees is not set in stone and I'd rather have them getting reps at the spot they'll be manning for the next decade than the one a vet will be holding down for a season or two.

I have no problem drafting an OT high next year.There are some good ones and Miami has 4 picks in the first 2 rounds, they can use one on an OT and still add some offensive weapons and a pass rusher.

If Hunt turns out to be a big time RG I will be fine with that.

I have no problem drafting an OT high next year.There are some good ones and Miami has 4 picks in the first 2 rounds, they can use one on an OT and still add some offensive weapons and a pass rusher.

If Hunt turns out to be a big time RG I will be fine with that.

Yeah I’m definitely still targeting OL next year with at least one pick. Best case scenario Hunt plays RT good enough. Kindley shows promise at RG. And then we draft a stud center like Creed Humphery

Not sure I agree. Jackson may start out slow, but he played well the second half of last year. He made first team All-Pac 12. He's got a lot of talent, I think he'll be just fine. Give him a little time.

Last edited:
IF Hunt can play RT in the NFL, it will be a big help, in my opinion.

Unless Kindley improves his technique, I believe he'll be a rotational piece, probably behind Flowers at LG. The same could be said for Deiter.

LT scares the bejeezus out of me; I want no part of Flowers kicking outside. Austin Jackson beating out Davenport for the job to start the season would be a nice sign.

LG should be...deep and solid, if unspectacular - Flowers made a nice career resurrection there.Flowers/Kindley/Deiter? Okay.

Center? Hopefully Ted Karras continues his solid play. Again, nothing spectacular. Karras/Stanley/Deiter?

RG: Please sign Larry Warford. Please sign Larry Warford. Please sign Larry Warford. Warford/Davis/Calhoun here would actually make me very happy.

RT: Again, Hunt winning this job would be awesome. Hunt/Davis would be...well, better than last year.

That's 11 OL. Ugh.

Back
Top Bottom