Miami Dolphins Countdown To Training Camp: Offensive Line | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Countdown To Training Camp: Offensive Line

I have a gut feeling Hunt is going to end up being a lot better than Jackson.
I think Jackson is goign to end up really good, but I do think he hits a lot of bumps this year. Hes only 20 years old, and raw. Ton of upside to him though. He has much better feet than Hunt, and athletic ability. Needs to put it all together, so I think it will be a bumpy road.

I have a gut feeling Hunt is going to end up being a lot better than Jackson.

Could very well be, but that does not mean Jackson is not going to be good on the left side.

Jackson is very young, is very athletic at very good size, if our coaches are worth anything, he will grow into the position.

With Hunt, you can't teach nastiness, and though I believe in the end he will be playing Guard (where he is projected much higher), it can't hurt to see how he looks at tackle.

Flowers is a guard, period. There are four seasons of tape of Flowers attempting to play tackle. Here's a sample of how that went.

Regarding Austin Jackson's inconsistent tape last year, don't forget that he donated bone marrow to his sister prior to the season and it can take as long as 6 months for the body to fully recover from that procedure. I think he'll be up to the job physically this season. The learning curve will be steep, though. I can see the coaches going with Davenport early in the season since the rookies won't get an offseason program.

Michael Deiter is a developmental center at this point. Maybe he plugs back in at guard if Flowers goes down, but I hope not.

My dream scenario on the right side would be for Hunt to stick at tackle and Kindley be ready to start at guard next season. But it seems more likely that Hunt becomes a stud at guard, Davis holds down tackle until we find a better solution, and Kindley backs up at both guards.

Just curious why you think that? He played RT in college. I know his physical profile fits very well for a guard but he has 33.5 inch arms so it’s not like he doesn’t have the length or size to play tackle.

The projection on him coming out of college which I agree with, AVG OT potential, or ALL-PRO OG potential.

I believe he can ORT if needed to do so, Logan Mankins could/did play OLT as well when the Pats needed it, however, why waste the talent? He is a natural RG in my opinion.

I recall the old Dolphins lines of the past, where we were built from the center out, I for one am weary of not controlling the center of the line scrimmage, this kid can change that if played at his natural position.

Our o-line play will determine if we get into the playoff picture - we have that potential if they perform well. In my eyes it's that simple.

Flowers is a guard, period. There are four seasons of tape of Flowers attempting to play tackle. Here's a sample of how that went.

Regarding Austin Jackson's inconsistent tape last year, don't forget that he donated bone marrow to his sister prior to the season and it can take as long as 6 months for the body to fully recover from that procedure. I think he'll be up to the job physically this season. The learning curve will be steep, though. I can see the coaches going with Davenport early in the season since the rookies won't get an offseason program.

Michael Deiter is a developmental center at this point. Maybe he plugs back in at guard if Flowers goes down, but I hope not.

My dream scenario on the right side would be for Hunt to stick at tackle and Kindley be ready to start at guard next season. But it seems more likely that Hunt becomes a stud at guard, Davis holds down tackle until we find a better solution, and Kindley backs up at both guards.

This is how i see it playing out too... hopefully Hunt becomes a good starter wherever, but if it is at guard, I’d rather see him start there with David at OT. Kindley backing up both spots makes sense. Deiter - center and guard as well, hopefully he has developed some

I see as first game starters:
Jackson, Flowers, Karras, J. Davis, Hunt

One possible change would be Dieter if he improves on last years play: He may be starting RG.

I'll approach this as if we have a right handed QB. Fitz will probably start. With Tua it is a little weird because he is right handed but happens to throw with his left (regardless so lets not make this an issue).

Must teams will slide protection to the left. Jackson will have vet experience next to him. Flowers will help with DE's that make inside power moves and Karras will slide over to pick up Flowers guy. Just how it works. So I'm not too worried about Jackson at LT provided he can handle the speed rushers.

The RT often has the TE lined up next to him. The DE opposite him will be in the QB's line of sight. The RT may get a chip block from a RB. Davis is better at RT (at this point in his career) than RG IMHO. I too hope Hunt will be our RT. So again I'm not so worried about RT.

Of all the OL guys to me, RG is the man on an island. He never gets help. He is usually against a teams best interior pass rusher. For me, if Hunt's floor is a great RG, I think we got solid value. In many ways I think it is the toughest place to play on the OL and one of the lowest paid. So much the better if Hunt can play RT and Kindley can play RG.

I know Kindley has mostly played LG but he basically the same exact size as Warford so I think he has the right body for the job.

Feel kinda bad for Jackson since he will forever be linked to Tunsil. I know Tunsil isn't exactly all world and hes getting paid an absurd chunk of change but hes still a very good player and odds are Jackson will never reach his level.

The objective has to be to get these kids on the field as early as possible and find where they are most comfortable. I hope the coaching staff doesn't slot in the likes of Flowers and Davis in specific positions like the media has and try to fill in the rest. Dieter, Hunt, Kindley, and Calhoun are essentially all positionless at the moment and this camp/preseason needs to be about finding where they belong. Even if it means Flowers moving out to tackle finding the position fit for the kids needs to be prioritized. If they only end up with one long term starter on the oline from this draft it will cost the team dearly.

Or he could be the second coming of Anthony Munoz (I know). But, hey, you never know until they actually play.

I think Jackson has a much higher ceiling than Hunt.

He has the rarer skill set and plays the traditionally more demanding position.He has great feet while Hunt's feet are the question with him.

If Hunt turns out to be better than Jackson it might just be because RG is a lot easier to play than LT.

Personally, I expect both of them to be starting caliber OL at the very least, maybe not right away, bit eventually.

Back
Top Bottom